View Poll Results: Who is the most racist the left or the right?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • The left

    111 60.66%
  • The Right

    72 39.34%
Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 599

Thread: Who is the most racist the left or the right? [W:353]

  1. #511
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Who is the most racist the left or the right? [W:353]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    The world is full of virgin islands. Development is a lot more rare. Really Hawaii has benefitted a ton from being part of the United States, something they entered in to willingly and on their own accord.

    I don't think the "Mokes" have much reason to hate whites, I just get the impression they're generally tough guys, kind of like the Maori in New Zealand are tough guys. May just be a Polynesian thing.
    Waikiki Beach benefited big time from the mainland. Most of that sand is from Manhattan Beach in Southern California, shipped and barged from the west coast to Hawaii during the 1920's.

    I believe the Polynesians are considered to be a warrior people like Northern Europeans. The Maori's are bad ass and are excellent soldiers on the battlefield even today.

    The Hawaiians made excellent sailors. Considered equals to Brits, Americans, Dutch, German and Scandinavians. They were highly respected and in demand on American and British ships during the era of sail. Back then the Hawaiian Islands were called the Sandwich Islands.

  2. #512
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Who is the most racist the left or the right? [W:353]

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Waikiki Beach benefited big time from the mainland. Most of that sand is from Manhattan Beach in Southern California, shipped and barged from the west coast to Hawaii during the 1920's.

    I believe the Polynesians are considered to be a warrior people like Northern Europeans. The Maori's are bad ass and are excellent soldiers on the battlefield even today.

    The Hawaiians made excellent sailors. Considered equals to Brits, Americans, Dutch, German and Scandinavians. They were highly respected and in demand on American and British ships during the era of sail. Back then the Hawaiian Islands were called the Sandwich Islands.
    That's interesting. I lived in Miami for the longest time and whenever they needed to replenish the beaches out there they would just drag the bottom a few hundred yards out and bring up fresh sand.

    That's crazy to me that they would import sand all the way from California, and that it would still be there 100 years later. You would think it would have all eroded away by now.

  3. #513
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Who is the most racist the left or the right? [W:353]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    That's interesting. I lived in Miami for the longest time and whenever they needed to replenish the beaches out there they would just drag the bottom a few hundred yards out and bring up fresh sand.

    That's crazy to me that they would import sand all the way from California, and that it would still be there 100 years later. You would think it would have all eroded away by now.
    Here the scoop on the sand.

    So where does Waikiki Beach’s sand come from?

    >"We’ve heard countless stories and urban legends about sand being shipped over from all over the world to replenish Waikiki’s famous stretch of beaches. It turns out Waikiki’s sand comes from … (insert dramatic pause for effect) … Hawaii!

    Even more interesting? The majority of Waikiki sand actually comes from just offshore.

    “The benefit of using localized sand is compatibility,” says Sam Lemmo, of the Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources’ Office of Conservation and Coastal Lands. Using sand similar in color and structure not only benefits Waikiki Beach aesthetically and environmentally, it also maintains the beach’s integrity from an engineering standpoint, Lemmo adds.

    Erosion and rising sea levels have swallowed a foot of Waikiki Beach annually since 1985. This phenomenon, while accelerated in the last few decades, is nothing new. Reports from the 1920s and 1930s reveal that sand was brought in from Manhattan Beach, California, via ship and barge, to Waikiki Beach. Importation of sand into Hawaii ceased in the 1970s.

    Recently, sand has been pumped from neutral areas of the ocean floor some 2,000 feet off Waikiki to fill in the shrinking beach..."< continue -> Where's the beach? Seeking the origins of Waikiki sand. by Chris Bailey | HAWAII Magazine | Hawaii news, events, places, dining, travel tips & deals, photos | Oahu, Maui, Big Island, Kauai, Lanai, Molokai: The Best of Hawaii

  4. #514
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Who is the most racist the left or the right? [W:353]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Straw Man Logical Fallacy.



    More like a pretty solid theory... people vote for what helps them. Fact.



    Safety net? That helps make my theory. Thanks... and I admit that the Republican party is against most that liberals believe in, why wouldn't I? The Democrats are against most that conservative believe in. So what?



    Except I gave evidence.

    More:

    Here's the exit poll data from the 2004 election:

    Under $15,000 (8%)
    Bush 36%
    Kerry 63%

    $15-30,000 (15%)
    Bush 42%
    Kerry 57%

    $30-50,000 (22%)
    Bush 49%
    Kerry 50%

    $50-75,000 (23%)
    Bush 56%
    Kerry 43%

    $75-100,000 (14%)
    Bush 55%
    Kerry 45%

    $100-150,000 (11%)
    Bush 57%
    Kerry 42%

    $150-200,000 (4%)
    Bush 58%
    Kerry 42%

    $200,000 or More (3%)
    Bush 63%
    Kerry 35%

    Why else would poor vote Democrat than to benefit from social welfare programs!


    Why else would poor people vote Democratic?? Why do more women vote Democratic? Are they all dependent on social welfare programs? Why do more young people vote Democratic? They all benefit too? Your "theory" is based on prejudice and ignorance....

  5. #515
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Who is the most racist the left or the right? [W:353]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    That's the wrong thing to do. What you've gotta do is whip their ass and not let up, then they'll respect you forever. It's Asian culture. Mercy is a sign of weakness to them.

    Just like the Japanese... we had to nuke them to win the war. Once we did that, though, they treated Macarthur like a god for years.

    I guess what I'm saying is those cultures only really understand and respond to strength. They're not like us. We're raised on mercy because we have Christian roots and that's the core of Christianity. They don't have that, so you have to have a firm hand when dealing with them.


    What a crock of **** and ignorance...

  6. #516
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Who is the most racist the left or the right? [W:353]

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    What a crock of **** and ignorance...
    Great answer. Clearly, you're a real thinker. Thanks for the insight.

  7. #517
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Who is the most racist the left or the right? [W:353]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Great answer. Clearly, you're a real thinker. Thanks for the insight.


    Of course it was a great answer, the only answer in fact...

  8. #518
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Who is the most racist the left or the right? [W:353]

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    Of course it was a great answer, the only answer in fact...
    Asian culture is different from Western culture. And why wouldn't it be? We have thousands of years of differing tradition.

    The West is founded on a Christian tradition that, at its core, values mercy. "Turn the other cheek," etc.

    The East is not grounded in that same tradition.

    Likewise, they don't have our tradition of challenging authority.

    In fact, if you know anything about the history of China, for example, it's remarkably authoritarian and its leaders ruled with a brutal iron fist. In imperial China, you knew your place and you didn't dare speak against the higher-ups.

    In fact, as recently as WW2, Japan had an emperor who was believed by the Japanese to be divine.

    So my point - the Asian cultures have a heritage of deferring to and respecting authority and power above anything else. Therefore, the most effective way of dealing with them is with a strong hand.

  9. #519
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Who is the most racist the left or the right? [W:353]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Asian culture is different from Western culture. And why wouldn't it be? We have thousands of years of differing tradition.

    The West is founded on a Christian tradition that, at its core, values mercy. "Turn the other cheek," etc.

    The East is not grounded in that same tradition.

    Likewise, they don't have our tradition of challenging authority.

    In fact, if you know anything about the history of China, for example, it's remarkably authoritarian and its leaders ruled with a brutal iron fist. In imperial China, you knew your place and you didn't dare speak against the higher-ups.

    In fact, as recently as WW2, Japan had an emperor who was believed by the Japanese to be divine.

    So my point - the Asian cultures have a heritage of deferring to and respecting authority and power above anything else. Therefore, the most effective way of dealing with them is with a strong hand.


    No, your point seemed to be that only Christians are capable of mercy, kindness and compassion.......The Japanese are Shinto or Buddhist and are full of mercy and compassion....Who do you think revolted and dismantled the Mandarin societies and then revolted again to form a new government in China? They made challenging authority a way of life for over 80 years...The Thai people are challenging authority at this very moment...

  10. #520
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Who is the most racist the left or the right? [W:353]

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    No, your point seemed to be that only Christians are capable of mercy, kindness and compassion.......The Japanese are Shinto or Buddhist and are full of mercy and compassion....Who do you think revolted and dismantled the Mandarin societies and then revolted again to form a new government in China? They made challenging authority a way of life for over 80 years...The Thai people are challenging authority at this very moment...
    I didn't say that only Christians are capable of mercy, that's obviously not true and ironically enough, Jesus Himself taught us that people of other faiths can be just as merciful or "good" (the parable of the good samaritan).

    My point was we have our heritage, which is Christian, and they have theirs. You can't deny that our traditions and heritages shape who we are culturally today.

    I've read a little bit of Confucius, who I consider to be the most important thinker in Chinese history. He himself said 'By nature men are similar; by practice men are wide apart.'

    That much is very true. If you take the belies of Confucius and the beliefs of Christ and compare them, you'll find several similarities but also several differences... the scope of which is beyond this simple post.

    The upshot, though, at least in my own opinion, is that the West has come to value individualism and free thought whereas the East puts greater emphasis on education and respect for authority.

Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •