View Poll Results: Is Obama still a "socialist"?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

    41 50.00%
  • No!

    2 2.44%
  • Whats socialism again? Isnt that whatever the Tea Party says it is?

    5 6.10%
  • No. He also never was a socialist.

    34 41.46%
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 208

Thread: Is Obama Still a "Socialist"?

  1. #191
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,285

    Re: Is Obama Still a "Socialist"?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsCoal View Post
    Again, you confuse 'defending' him with telling the truth. You sound like democrats who accuse me of 'defending' George Bush because I said the he saved a million lives. Is that defending him or telling the truth?

    As for Israel and Obama .. You'll soon discover that I don't say things I can't defend.

    David Drake: AIPAC Gives Obama A+ Grade

    Jewish Vote Goes 69 Percent For Barack Obama: Exit Polls

    Pro-Israel lobby group AIPAC throws support to Obama on Syria - Washington Times

    President Obama and Israel: The Facts | NJDC

    If you mean that AIPAC has problems with Obama .. name an American president they didn't have problems with?

    The point is, if Obama was what you claim he is, he wouldn't be the president.
    If you're really looking for Obama nefarious ties, you should look to the CIA.
    Oh BAC ... good lord ... that was ridiculous.

    The guy came from out of nowhere with a Party, damn near the entire media, and a campaign organization totally dedicated to cast their candidate in a completely false light in which he was well skilled and willing to bask.

    And as for Israel, you think Netanyahu trusts Obama on Israeli matters despite the cherry picked AIPAC links you posted?
    If Obama makes noises like he's tough on Syria, AIPAC will applaud.
    You think AIPAC is smiling about Obama's impending Iran deal? Or how he tossed Mubarak overboard and cleared the way for the MB?
    The American Jewish vote typically goes Democrat ... it ain't Obama that's the draw.
    Lastly ... you better read that Did Drake piece again.

  2. #192
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,265

    Re: Is Obama Still a "Socialist"?

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Oh BAC ... good lord ... that was ridiculous.

    The guy came from out of nowhere with a Party, damn near the entire media, and a campaign organization totally dedicated to cast their candidate in a completely false light in which he was well skilled and willing to bask.

    And as for Israel, you think Netanyahu trusts Obama on Israeli matters despite the cherry picked AIPAC links you posted?
    If Obama makes noises like he's tough on Syria, AIPAC will applaud.
    You think AIPAC is smiling about Obama's impending Iran deal? Or how he tossed Mubarak overboard and cleared the way for the MB?
    The American Jewish vote typically goes Democrat ... it ain't Obama that's the draw.
    Lastly ... you better read that Did Drake piece again.
    Very well said.

  3. #193
    Educator BlackAsCoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    11-04-15 @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    702

    Re: Is Obama Still a "Socialist"?

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Oh BAC ... good lord ... that was ridiculous.

    The guy came from out of nowhere with a Party, damn near the entire media, and a campaign organization totally dedicated to cast their candidate in a completely false light in which he was well skilled and willing to bask.

    And as for Israel, you think Netanyahu trusts Obama on Israeli matters despite the cherry picked AIPAC links you posted?
    If Obama makes noises like he's tough on Syria, AIPAC will applaud.
    You think AIPAC is smiling about Obama's impending Iran deal? Or how he tossed Mubarak overboard and cleared the way for the MB?
    The American Jewish vote typically goes Democrat ... it ain't Obama that's the draw.
    Lastly ... you better read that Did Drake piece again.
    :0) Talk about ridiculous. Wow.

    If Obama was the terrorist the right claims he was, he would never be the president. It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

    Bottom line .. he's been the president for two terms. Obviously .. quite obviously, the 'terrorist, Muslim, no birth certificate BS didn't work .. but you go right ahead and keep spouting it. :0)

  4. #194
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,285

    Re: Is Obama Still a "Socialist"?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsCoal View Post
    :0) Talk about ridiculous. Wow.

    If Obama was the terrorist the right claims he was, he would never be the president. It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest otherwise
    .

    Bottom line .. he's been the president for two terms. Obviously .. quite obviously, the 'terrorist, Muslim, no birth certificate BS didn't work .. but you go right ahead and keep spouting it. :0)
    By now if you can't see him for the ideologue he clearly is then you either don't want to see it or you're eager to help him disguise it.
    And I have to tell ya, BAC, and I've been saying this for many months now, anyone who fools themselves into attributing any Obamacare problems or this Obamacare rollout debacle to incompetence is making a big mistake.
    What we're seeing is not an accident.
    I've said months ago right here that his intention is to screw up the healthcare system to the point where he'll offer Single Payer as the solution.
    He did create a historical record that indicates Single Payer Government managed healthcare is his goal.
    And ya know what ... I'm guessing you knew all that and being a self-proclaimed Socialist you're more than willing to play the game.
    Right???

  5. #195
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Is Obama Still a "Socialist"?

    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    If spelling mistakes make it so that the sentence has no meaning, what response do you expect? I have no idea what you were trying to say.
    You asked "Why would a socialist be anti-business? Somebody has to be around to do favors for them..."
    I responded with: "Because socialists want to put the workplace and means of production in the hands of the workers".


  6. #196
    Educator BlackAsCoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    11-04-15 @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    702

    Re: Is Obama Still a "Socialist"?

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    By now if you can't see him for the ideologue he clearly is then you either don't want to see it or you're eager to help him disguise it.
    And I have to tell ya, BAC, and I've been saying this for many months now, anyone who fools themselves into attributing any Obamacare problems or this Obamacare rollout debacle to incompetence is making a big mistake.
    What we're seeing is not an accident.
    I've said months ago right here that his intention is to screw up the healthcare system to the point where he'll offer Single Payer as the solution.
    He did create a historical record that indicates Single Payer Government managed healthcare is his goal.
    And ya know what ... I'm guessing you knew all that and being a self-proclaimed Socialist you're more than willing to play the game.
    Right???
    Again, with all due respect brother, do you have any idea how much scrutiny a person has to go through to become POTUS? That's a serious question. It's a question that intelligently and conclusively puts an end to what you claim. Everything else is afterthought.

    There is no way in Hell that Obama has any connections to what the right loves to claim .. which is why no one believes that but them. It's radio-speak.

    If you are really interested in nefarious Obama ties .. you should have been looking to the CIA. His mother was in the CIA .. and so was his father. Obama worked for the CIA. Not as juicy as yours, huh? .. Except mine is the truth.

    With regards to Obamacare, I've been against it even before it was signed into law. It's a corporatist-written bill that was designed to halt the movement to Single-Payer .. as it did in Massachusetts. I said halt, not stop, because the movement to Single-Payer cannot be stopped.

    Respectfull, you calling the ACA "single-payer" demonstrates that you do not know what single-payer is.

    Obama is a corporatist .. as is Bill Clinton is a corporatist .. as is Mitt Romney is a corporatist .. as was George Bush a corporatist .. as are all modern American presidents corporatist.

    At some point Americans might get around to figuring out that our government is owned by corporatists.

    Being a democrat or republican don't (eb) mean ****.
    Last edited by BlackAsCoal; 11-23-13 at 04:01 PM.

  7. #197
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,285

    Re: Is Obama Still a "Socialist"?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsCoal View Post
    Again, with all due respect brother,
    do you have any idea how much scrutiny a person has to go through to become POTUS?
    That's a serious question. It's a question that intelligently and conclusively puts an end to what you claim. Everything else is afterthought.

    There is no way in Hell that Obama has any connections to what the right loves to claim .. which is why no one believes that but them. It's radio-speak.

    If you are really interested in nefarious Obama ties .. you should have been looking to the CIA.
    His mother was in the CIA .. and so was his father. Obama worked for the CIA.
    Not as juicy as yours, huh? .. Except mine is the truth.

    With regards to Obamacare, I've been against it even before it was signed into law.
    It's a corporatist-written bill that was designed to halt the movement to Single-Payer
    .. as it did in Massachusetts. I said halt, not stop, because the movement to Single-Payer cannot be stopped.

    Respectfull, you calling the ACA "single-payer" demonstrates that you do not know what single-payer is.
    Obama is a corporatist .. as is Bill Clinton is a corporatist .. as is Mitt Romney is a corporatist .. as was George Bush a corporatist .. as are all modern American presidents corporatist.

    At some point Americans might get around to figuring out that our government is owned by corporatists.

    Being a democrat or republican don't (eb) mean ****.
    Oh yes ... normally candidates need to withstand scrutiny ... but if you think the media scrutinized Obama rather than defended his candidacy then we've been living in alternate worlds.
    Obamacare was designed as a step toward Single Payer, not to halt it. What you claimed is just plain silly. Remember ...
    “I happen to be a proponent of a single-payer universal health-care program. I see no reason why the United States of America, the wealthiest country in the history of the world, spending 14 percent of its gross national product on health care, cannot provide basic health insurance to everybody. . . . Everybody in, nobody out. A single-payer health care plan, a universal health care plan. That’s what I’d like to see. But as all of you know, we may not get there immediately. “ Barack Obama – 2003
    So I didn't say Obamacare WAS Single Payer ... it was meant as a kind of stalking horse for Single Payer ... you should be pleased. Unless you're old enough to have to worry about IPAB.
    As for the CIA stuff, I don't usually bother asking but ... reliable links please ... no Wayne Madsen. You should make better choices regarding who to believe.

    But one thing does strike me as really really curious ... on the one hand you remark about the scrutiny a POTUS candidate must surely have to endure ... while on the other hand claiming Obama and his entire family are/were CIA operatives ... something totally missed during 2 election campaigns and all the years between. Good grief, BAC. Get a grip on reality.

  8. #198
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: Is Obama Still a "Socialist"?

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Oh yes ... normally candidates need to withstand scrutiny ... but if you think the media scrutinized Obama rather than defended his candidacy then we've been living in alternate worlds.
    Obamacare was designed as a step toward Single Payer, not to halt it. What you claimed is just plain silly. Remember ...
    I happen to be a proponent of a single-payer universal health-care program. I see no reason why the United States of America, the wealthiest country in the history of the world, spending 14 percent of its gross national product on health care, cannot provide basic health insurance to everybody. . . . Everybody in, nobody out. A single-payer health care plan, a universal health care plan. Thats what Id like to see. But as all of you know, we may not get there immediately. Barack Obama 2003
    So I didn't say Obamacare WAS Single Payer ... it was meant as a kind of stalking horse for Single Payer ... you should be pleased. Unless you're old enough to have to worry about IPAB.
    As for the CIA stuff, I don't usually bother asking but ... reliable links please ... no Wayne Madsen. You should make better choices regarding who to believe.

    But one thing does strike me as really really curious ... on the one hand you remark about the scrutiny a POTUS candidate must surely have to endure ... while on the other hand claiming Obama and his entire family are/were CIA operatives ... something totally missed during 2 election campaigns and all the years between. Good grief, BAC. Get a grip on reality.
    Today is the first time I have ever heard that BHO was with the CIA! How do they come up with this stuff?

    Greetings, bubba.

  9. #199
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,285

    Re: Is Obama Still a "Socialist"?

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Today is the first time I have ever heard that BHO was with the CIA! How do they come up with this stuff?

    Greetings, bubba.
    Isn't that something? The things that you learn from posters on DP can be staggering.
    How we doing today Pol?

  10. #200
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: Is Obama Still a "Socialist"?

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Isn't that something? The things that you learn from posters on DP can be staggering.
    How we doing today Pol?
    Good morning, bubba!

    I'm having : and contemplating whether or not to take the dog for a walk. It's lightly snowing, temperature is 19 degrees, and it's a bit windy. He does not want to go, since the snow is up to his belly. (Life is tough for a 5-pound Chihuahua in the winter) I don't want to go out, either... so maybe I'll just let him go out in the backyard for a few minutes to do his business................. Okay, I'm back.

    Did you see the magnanimous gesture BHO just made? It seems he's giving us one additional week to get signed up for Obamacare... instead of December 15, we now have until December 23. WooHoo! The system is still not working, so this ought to be interesting! Bubba, if I wasn't living it, I wouldn't believe it! They had years to get this working, and people are only being given one lousy extra week to comply? :

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •