View Poll Results: Should Obama be impeached for Obama care disaster?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's solid grounds for it.

    18 39.13%
  • No, its not severe enough

    23 50.00%
  • Maybe/ I don't know/ i'd want a little more info.

    5 10.87%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61

Thread: Reasons For Impeachment

  1. #1
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado, U.S.A
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    464

    Reasons For Impeachment

    Now we've all heard that there were 3 presidents who were put up for impeachment:
    1. Andrew Johnson
    2. Bill Clinton
    3. Richard Nixon (as a note, Nixon was never actually impeached, he just quit before he could be tried)

    Now Johnson just tested the limitations of a law (the Tenure of Office act of 1867). He did this by trying to fire the Secretary of War, and that led to his trial. The house impeached him, but the senate didn't, so he stayed.

    Bill Clinton admitted to having an affair after months of lying to people about it. Once again House impeached him, but the senate cleared him.

    So my question is, should the disaster with obamacare, between the lying, the people loosing their healthcare, ect...,be enough to impeach Obama?

  2. #2
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: Reasons For Impeachment

    There are two big problems with trying to impeach Obama: 1) the Senate demorat majority and 2) Joe Biden.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #3
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Reasons For Impeachment

    Because something went wrong in a rollout someone should be impeached?


  4. #4
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Reasons For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Because something went wrong in a rollout someone should be impeached?
    Oh come on, you know better than that. They've wanted to impeach him since his first election, they're just grasping at the only the straw they have.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Reasons For Impeachment

    When he commits a crime, I'll support his impeachment.

    What Obama does is criminal, but he hasn't committed a crime.

  6. #6
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Reasons For Impeachment

    While I consider the Clinton's impeachment a low point for the GOP (and that means - a very low point indeed), at least there was, as a matter of fact, an "impeachable" offence - lying under oath.

    Obama simply did what most politicians do on the daily basis: lied through his teeth, to push through his favorite legislation/subsidy/used car sale, or whatever.

  7. #7
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Reasons For Impeachment

    No, and it's not close. What many would have Obama impeached for would blacklist many of our most well regarded Presidents as well.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Reasons For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by JJB3333 View Post
    Now we've all heard that there were 3 presidents who were put up for impeachment:
    1. Andrew Johnson
    2. Bill Clinton
    3. Richard Nixon (as a note, Nixon was never actually impeached, he just quit before he could be tried)

    Now Johnson just tested the limitations of a law (the Tenure of Office act of 1867). He did this by trying to fire the Secretary of War, and that led to his trial. The house impeached him, but the senate didn't, so he stayed.

    Bill Clinton admitted to having an affair after months of lying to people about it. Once again House impeached him, but the senate cleared him.

    So my question is, should the disaster with obamacare, between the lying, the people loosing their healthcare, ect...,be enough to impeach Obama?
    its more than a lie it is actually classified as fraud and that my dear sir is a felony more then enough grounds for impeachment


    Fraud Law & Legal Definition

    Fraud is generally defined in the law as an intentional misrepresentation of material existing fact made by one person to another with knowledge of its falsity and for the purpose of inducing the other person to act, and upon which the other person relies with resulting injury or damage. Fraud may also be made by an omission or purposeful failure to state material facts, which nondisclosure makes other statements misleading.

    Fraud Law & Legal Definition

    under the legal definition of fraud it is an open and shut case against Obama. A 1st year law student could win that case
    Last edited by trfjr; 11-18-13 at 08:11 PM.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Reasons For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    When he commits a crime, I'll support his impeachment.

    What Obama does is criminal, but he hasn't committed a crime.
    the crime is fraud

    Fraud Law & Legal Definition

    Fraud is generally defined in the law as an intentional misrepresentation of material existing fact made by one person to another with knowledge of its falsity and for the purpose of inducing the other person to act, and upon which the other person relies with resulting injury or damage. Fraud may also be made by an omission or purposeful failure to state material facts, which nondisclosure makes other statements misleading.

    Fraud Law & Legal Definition

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Reasons For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    the crime is fraud

    Fraud Law & Legal Definition

    Fraud is generally defined in the law as an intentional misrepresentation of material existing fact made by one person to another with knowledge of its falsity and for the purpose of inducing the other person to act, and upon which the other person relies with resulting injury or damage. Fraud may also be made by an omission or purposeful failure to state material facts, which nondisclosure makes other statements misleading.

    Fraud Law & Legal Definition
    That's the thing though - misleading. I can't say for sure whether Obama is deceptive, or just deceptively stupid.

    The latter is not a crime, and it's really hard to prove.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •