View Poll Results: Should Obama be impeached for Obama care disaster?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's solid grounds for it.

    18 39.13%
  • No, its not severe enough

    23 50.00%
  • Maybe/ I don't know/ i'd want a little more info.

    5 10.87%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 61

Thread: Reasons For Impeachment

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Reasons For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Because of a bill made 3 million people loose their ****ty insurance which is essentially what the bill is supposed to do?
    Cadillac plans were not ****ty, no people with cancer that were being covered are dying needlessly, but liberal murderers don't care

  2. #52
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,363

    Re: Reasons For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    That's the thing though - misleading. I can't say for sure whether Obama is deceptive, or just deceptively stupid.

    The latter is not a crime, and it's really hard to prove.
    Bush and his buddies went around the country for years telling us about all the WMD's that Sadaam was making and that was a lie that killed 5000 Americans. But it doesn't count because he said he "thought" they were there.
    Obama thought the ACA's grandfather clause would allow policies that didn't meet ACA requirement to be extended. He also mistakenly thought that insurers would go along too. How is what Obama did worse than the goof Bush made? 5000 people haven't died from Obama's "mistake".

  3. #53
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,735

    Re: Reasons For Impeachment

    It's always fun watching the Right get so worked up about our Black president. That just leads to more stress for them, which has been proven to adversely affect people's health, which can shorten lifespans, which is especially important when considering that the Right disproportionately consists of older people.

    So all this talk from the Left about how our country is going to become more progressive once the older crowd dies off? Keep up the hating, libertarians and conservatives. You're just accelerating the process!
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Reasons For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Bush and his buddies went around the country for years telling us about all the WMD's that Sadaam was making and that was a lie that killed 5000 Americans. But it doesn't count because he said he "thought" they were there.
    Obama thought the ACA's grandfather clause would allow policies that didn't meet ACA requirement to be extended. He also mistakenly thought that insurers would go along too. How is what Obama did worse than the goof Bush made? 5000 people haven't died from Obama's "mistake".
    Bush had faulty intelligence. Obama had good intelligence saying that what he wanted was not possible, but still went ahead so he could attach his name onto something.

    Neither deserve impeachment.

    However, I do enjoy your little "Bush lied, people died" red herring. Typical liberal strategy - dodge a liberal issue by vomiting partisan crap against the other side.

    You'd make a great intern for Chris Matthews.

  5. #55
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,363

    Re: Reasons For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Bush had faulty intelligence. Obama had good intelligence saying that what he wanted was not possible, but still went ahead so he could attach his name onto something.

    Neither deserve impeachment.

    However, I do enjoy your little "Bush lied, people died" red herring. Typical liberal strategy - dodge a liberal issue by vomiting partisan crap against the other side.

    You'd make a great intern for Chris Matthews.
    Bush had plenty of good evidence against the existence of WMD's that he ignored because they didn't fit his agenda, just like he ignored the warnings about 911 for similar reasons. Obama was told that the old plans would be grandfathered in by the insurers since it was part of the bill but they screwed him by not following thru with it. The insurers knew full well that they could let most all they cancelled keep their plans another year but choose otherwise. Some non-profit insurers like Florida Blue thought they were doing their customers a favor by voluntarily offering the better plans that complied with the ACA only to find that it was feeding the anti-ACA frenzy. They quickly reversed themselves and reinstated all 300,000 customers when Obama asked them too. You can lead a horse to water....
    Last edited by iguanaman; 11-22-13 at 02:55 PM.

  6. #56
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:10 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,408

    Re: Reasons For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by JJB3333 View Post
    Now we've all heard that there were 3 presidents who were put up for impeachment:
    1. Andrew Johnson
    2. Bill Clinton
    3. Richard Nixon (as a note, Nixon was never actually impeached, he just quit before he could be tried)

    Now Johnson just tested the limitations of a law (the Tenure of Office act of 1867). He did this by trying to fire the Secretary of War, and that led to his trial. The house impeached him, but the senate didn't, so he stayed.

    Bill Clinton admitted to having an affair after months of lying to people about it. Once again House impeached him, but the senate cleared him.

    So my question is, should the disaster with obamacare, between the lying, the people loosing their healthcare, ect...,be enough to impeach Obama?
    If my memory serves correctly, Clinton didn't lie to the people, he lied under oath while on the stand in court. Huge difference.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #57
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Reasons For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    There are two big problems with trying to impeach Obama: 1) the Senate demorat majority and 2) Joe Biden.
    Well, there would be that little thing about not committing an impeachable offense, but I understand that you guys are desperate to achieve what you couldn't achieve at the ballot box by any means necessary.

    Unless they make being black an impeachable offense, I think you hard right folks are out of luck.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Reasons For Impeachment

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    It's always fun watching the Right get so worked up about our Black president. That just leads to more stress for them, which has been proven to adversely affect people's health, which can shorten lifespans, which is especially important when considering that the Right disproportionately consists of older people.

    So all this talk from the Left about how our country is going to become more progressive once the older crowd dies off? Keep up the hating, libertarians and conservatives. You're just accelerating the process!
    Demographics are going to get them, they know it, and it makes them crazy!
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  9. #59
    Advisor Tothian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Last Seen
    06-10-17 @ 04:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    553

    Re: Reasons For Impeachment

    Yes. But not just for this alone. But for everything else he did wrong and violating the Constitution. I'm not even sure why it hasn't happened already.

  10. #60
    Resident Cat Expert
    Green Balls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Last Seen
    11-13-15 @ 08:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,292

    Re: Reasons For Impeachment

    Bush bombs Baghdad on the principle that there were weapons of mass destruction which later was proven untrue. The war lasted for years and cost tons of money. Not even a peep about impeachment. Obama is threatened with impeachment for a malfunctioning website. I'm still scratching my head on this one.
    Scientific fact: If you took all of the veins from your body and laid them end to end, you would die.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •