View Poll Results: Your choices are/

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • He should have been fired.

    24 38.71%
  • He can shove the apology up his ass.

    12 19.35%
  • Neither 1 nor 2

    13 20.97%
  • I Don't Care

    23 37.10%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 186

Thread: Do You agree with this posterH

  1. #61
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,308

    Re: Do You agree with this posterH

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Conservatives say many nasty things about liberals in the course of "friendly discourse" - the difference is, conservatives don't resort to the vile, personal, degrading insult when being nasty - they just point out the liberal's idiocy, and that's nasty enough.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rush Limbaugh
    “So Miss Fluke, and the rest of you feminazis, here’s the deal. If we are going to pay for your contraceptives, and thus pay for you to have sex, we want something for it. We want you post the videos online so we can all watch.”
    “Now it is not good for the Christian’s health to hustle the Aryan brown,
    For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down;
    And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased,
    And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”

  2. #62
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Do You agree with this posterH

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    A couple years ago when (((GB))) was on Fox News, he said President Obama was racist and hated white people, there wasn't a peep aired by management.
    Firstly, who is GB - a guest, or a "personality"?

    Secondly, the way Americans, particularly on the left, toss around the term "racist" and claim people hate others because of their race, I would assume you'd consider that every day banter in your circle of friends, and not in any way vile.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #63
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Do You agree with this posterH

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    This isn't about comments from "those on the left", or "those on the right" or comments made between individuals on a forum somewhere. It's about comments on a major news channel made by a "news" commentator.
    I agree with you, except to suggest that MSNBC is a "major news channel" and Bashir a "new commentator" is a big stretch - but I get your point.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  4. #64
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Do You agree with this posterH

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    This isn't about comments from "those on the left", or "those on the right" or comments made between individuals on a forum somewhere. It's about comments on a major news channel made by a "news" commentator.
    Please the last sentence made by CJ.


  5. #65
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Do You agree with this posterH

    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post
    I addressed this previously.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #66
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Do You agree with this posterH

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Firstly, who is GB - a guest, or a "personality"?

    Secondly, the way Americans, particularly on the left, toss around the term "racist" and claim people hate others because of their race, I would assume you'd consider that every day banter in your circle of friends, and not in any way vile.
    GB = Glenn Beck.

    Do you deny that some of the resistance against President Obama is because he is black?


  7. #67
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Do You agree with this posterH

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Firstly, who is GB - a guest, or a "personality"?

    Secondly, the way Americans, particularly on the left, toss around the term "racist" and claim people hate others because of their race, I would assume you'd consider that every day banter in your circle of friends, and not in any way vile.
    Racist as a word has lost much of its sting. Over the last five years it is a word that has come to simply mean, I disagree with some of President Obama's policies. That is a shame because a true racist is truely an evil horrorable person. But words meaning continue to change over time. It use to bother me to see the term racist used political only because one had a different political views on things. But I suppose I have gotten use to it and have become more or less immune to it. But this fits in with the politics of today. My side always being right and yours always being wrong. Such is life.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  8. #68
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Do You agree with this posterH

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    GB = Glenn Beck.

    Do you deny that some of the resistance against President Obama is because he is black?
    Not really - do you deny that the vast majority of resistance against President Obama is because he's a disaster as President and his race has nothing to do with it?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #69
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,308

    Re: Do You agree with this posterH

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I addressed this previously.
    Ahhh.

    I didn't see that.

    Thanks for pointing it out because, what a asinine thing to say:

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    At the very least, Ms. Fluke was admitting to being somewhat promiscuous.
    Ms. Fluke was doing absolutely nothing of the sort.

    To even suggest that she might have been flies in the face of intelligent, reasoned discourse.

    Use of contraceptives in absolutely no way suggests promiscuousness.

    Arguing that it does is a complete and total cop out.

    What Limbaugh did is absolutely no different than what Bashir did.

    Both attacked completely innocent victims.

    Of course, in order for you to admit that you'd have to abandon your completely ridiculous assertion that Conservatives somehow have the moral high-ground when it comes to base politically motivated insults of one's ideological opponents.
    “Now it is not good for the Christian’s health to hustle the Aryan brown,
    For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down;
    And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased,
    And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”

  10. #70
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Do You agree with this posterH

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    GB = Glenn Beck.

    Do you deny that some of the resistance against President Obama is because he is black?
    No, do you deny the majority of it isn't?

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •