View Poll Results: What's a fair price for clean air/month

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • $5/mo

    2 14.29%
  • $20/mo

    3 21.43%
  • $100/mo

    1 7.14%
  • No way! it should be free I'm a socialist

    8 57.14%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: How much monthly would you be willing to pay for clean air service?

  1. #21
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,289

    Re: How much monthly would you be willing to pay for clean air service?

    I think heavy fines against those polluting my/your air would be sensible. That's the fair price. Put the polluters out of business. With the realities of Global Warming, we need to have a "take no prisoners", "no holds barred" approach to our atmosphere. If that is socialist, fine. It is more just common sense.

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: How much monthly would you be willing to pay for clean air service?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Pssst, you can get kicked out of there too.
    Other than direct threats, hacking the sight, stal.......Oh, wait, never mind.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: How much monthly would you be willing to pay for clean air service?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I think heavy fines against those polluting my/your air would be sensible. That's the fair price. Put the polluters out of business. With the realities of Global Warming, we need to have a "take no prisoners", "no holds barred" approach to our atmosphere. If that is socialist, fine. It is more just common sense.
    Except our vehicles and power plants actually pollute more because of EPA stupidity in measurements and other things. The "science" behind the cause of "global warming" is filled with errors, incompleteness. Many of their organizations, such as the UN have been caught using discredited data, falsified data, have been caught spying, lying, cheating, etc.

    In the absolute state of disrepair that the whole environmental mess is at the moment, who do you think should police that "take no prisoner's" "no holds barred" approach? Turn over total power of it to the government? After all they have done such a stellar job with every program they have ever ran. Come to think of it, Has the government actually ever ran any program in a Helpful, Organized, efficient manor without fraud, favoritism, cronyism, abuse of power, mismanagement?
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  4. #24
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: How much monthly would you be willing to pay for clean air service?

    Has the government actually ever ran any program in a Helpful, Organized, efficient manor without fraud, favoritism, cronyism, abuse of power, mismanagement?[/QUOTE]

    Has anyone? Anywhere?

  5. #25
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,289

    Re: How much monthly would you be willing to pay for clean air service?

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Except our vehicles and power plants actually pollute more because of EPA stupidity in measurements and other things. The "science" behind the cause of "global warming" is filled with errors, incompleteness. Many of their organizations, such as the UN have been caught using discredited data, falsified data, have been caught spying, lying, cheating, etc.

    In the absolute state of disrepair that the whole environmental mess is at the moment, who do you think should police that "take no prisoner's" "no holds barred" approach? Turn over total power of it to the government? After all they have done such a stellar job with every program they have ever ran. Come to think of it, Has the government actually ever ran any program in a Helpful, Organized, efficient manor without fraud, favoritism, cronyism, abuse of power, mismanagement?
    Right. OK. I see. You just choose to give up. Compared to Genghis Khan, I think Social Security works magnificent. TSA, Homeland Security, Dept of Energy, Education, NRC, SEC, and others don't really work, but provide gov't jobs. Distribution of some of the tax money collected. Defense is Corporate Welfare and it is only one of many, Yeh, there you go, must be I like that welfare for the citizens. Those one vote citizens that can't afford to buy a Senator or Congressman.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: How much monthly would you be willing to pay for clean air service?

    Quote Originally Posted by pvsi View Post
    Internet, which was invented by military funded with tax dollars now costs me about $70/month (it was $5/month when they first hijacked it from the people)
    TV also used to be free I think costs around $30-$200/month (I can live without that, but I know people invented and no longer have it for free)
    etc.
    So what's the fair price for clean air?
    Zero, we already have clean air.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #27
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: How much monthly would you be willing to pay for clean air service?

    Quote Originally Posted by pvsi View Post
    My internet is also free, but for some reason I have to pay for "service" which could have been provided by dudes killing people in the middle east.


    That makes no sense whatsoever.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  8. #28
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: How much monthly would you be willing to pay for clean air service?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    That makes no sense whatsoever.
    After reading the OP...ANYTHING based on that silly premise suffers automatically from fatal logic errors.

  9. #29
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: How much monthly would you be willing to pay for clean air service?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    After reading the OP...ANYTHING based on that silly premise suffers automatically from fatal logic errors.

    I know, the OP was pretty much sense-free also.


    Um, free internet? Somebody has to produce and maintain all those servers and fiber-optic lines...



    I have grave doubts I even understand what this is all about, but stoner logic never was my strong suit...

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #30
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: How much monthly would you be willing to pay for clean air service?

    Quote Originally Posted by pvsi View Post
    Internet, which was invented by military funded with tax dollars now costs me about $70/month (it was $5/month when they first hijacked it from the people)
    TV also used to be free I think costs around $30-$200/month (I can live without that, but I know people invented and no longer have it for free)
    etc.
    So what's the fair price for clean air?
    TV is still "free", the internet can still be accessed fairly cheaply using S L O W landlines (even free and fast if WIFI is available) and the air is cleaner in many places. If you wish to pay for clean(er) air then vote for green candidates.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •