View Poll Results: Is the President YOUR President?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I always support the President as the leader of my country

    28 33.33%
  • No, I'm willing to throw my country under the bus

    11 13.10%
  • Other

    45 53.57%
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 309

Thread: Is the President YOUR President?

  1. #291
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,513

    Re: Is the President YOUR President?

    He's my president, but I don't support everythibg he does.

    It's assinine to claim that disagreeing with his agenda is "throwing the country under the bus", or that it's partisan hackery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #292
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Is the President YOUR President?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Is the President YOUR President?

    I occasionally hear people say, "President <insert name here> is not MY President!" Usually by people who intensely dislike the current President. To me, this places party loyalty, and to a lesser extent ideology, above country.

    Have you ever had such sentiments?
    He is the President, and we only have one at a time. I have voted in many elections, and never once felt that they were "mine," any more than they should feel I was theirs...from either party. The dignity and importance of the Office is what we should honor, IMO.

    Greetings, radcen.

  3. #293
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Is the President YOUR President?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    If you are going to ask those at DP who voted for Obama if they regret it, I'd imagine you'd probably get fairly accurate results. However, as someone who as done research, the way you word the question is of utmost importance in getting the most credible results.
    Did you regret voting for Obama in 2008 ? Then why do you regret giving Obama a second chance in 2012 ?

  4. #294
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,044

    Re: Is the President YOUR President?

    I voted other as the two other options were stupid. Not supporting the President does not equate to throwing the country under the bus.

    That said, the last two presidents were/are a freaking embarrassment to our nation and to leaders in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #295
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Is the President YOUR President?

    a terrible bait thread, belongs in the basement, can't believe it has not already been flushed.

    Obama is my President, I do not support his idealology or his decisions as they are not based on any facts. He is absolutely the worst President in my lifetime.

  6. #296
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Is the President YOUR President?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Did you regret voting for Obama in 2008 ? Then why do you regret giving Obama a second chance in 2012 ?
    Is this the way you would want to word your questions?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #297
    Student Constantine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    04-11-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    286
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is the President YOUR President?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You live in the US. He is President of the US. Therefore he is YOUR President. You many not agree with him or his policies, nor believe that he stands for your ideals, but in the logistical sense, he IS your President. If someone asks you, "who is the President of YOUR country", if you don't answer "Obama" you are lying.
    Who says I would have to answer at all? He's not my president. Just as every German during WW2 was not a Nazi and not all of them viewer Hitler as their leader. I don't accept Obama as my leader. Period. End of discussion. Still waiting on a real reason for me to claim that he is. I didn't vote for him, I don't support him, and I'm not involved in his messes.


  8. #298
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Is the President YOUR President?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Is this the way you would want to word your questions?
    Yes.

    Go for it, answer the questions.

    But you don't have to if you're embarrassed that you voted for failure in 2008.

    But why give failure a second chance four years later ?

  9. #299
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Is the President YOUR President?

    Poll sucks.
    Yes he is my president.
    But that does not mean you have to support him.


  10. #300
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Is the President YOUR President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
    Who says I would have to answer at all? He's not my president. Just as every German during WW2 was not a Nazi and not all of them viewer Hitler as their leader. I don't accept Obama as my leader. Period. End of discussion. Still waiting on a real reason for me to claim that he is. I didn't vote for him, I don't support him, and I'm not involved in his messes.
    Your acceptance is irrelevant. You live in the US. He is the President of the US. Therefore, he is your President. Period. End of discussion. This is reality. Your non-support has nothing to do with whether he is your President or not.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •