View Poll Results: Is the President YOUR President?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I always support the President as the leader of my country

    28 33.33%
  • No, I'm willing to throw my country under the bus

    11 13.10%
  • Other

    45 53.57%
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 309

Thread: Is the President YOUR President?

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Is the President YOUR President?

    What I don't get is why are people actually OFFENDED that I don't consider B. Obama my president? Like why start a thread about this to begin with?

    Who cares. I'm not hurting anyone so it's not really your business what I think or anyone else.

    We're not living in pre-Christian Rome where refusing to worship Caesar was punishable by death. B Obama is a pretty arrogant fellow, but he hasn't stooped to THAT level yet.

    So everyone relax yo.

  2. #102
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Is the President YOUR President?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Fortunately, we have a series of checks and balances when the POTUS steps out of line and becomes someone elses president.

    I didn't vote for the MoFo so I don't see him as 'my' president. Nor do I see the bluer parts of this land being 'my' country.

    Plus I'm assured the 'other' side feels the same way.

    Sorry but 'we' are currently a divided land.
    Other than Texas.....I consider all of the United States my country....Texas is in a whole other world though. It is, afterall....the land that gave us GWB, Ted Cruz and Rick Perry....
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #103
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Is the President YOUR President?

    Here were my thoughts on Bush as president 5 years ago:

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    My thoughts :

    Bush is an prick. He's probably the worst president I'll ever get to see short of the president who decides it'll be a good idea to use nukes again. He's a guy who I'd probably have a beer with but wouldn't let him try to fix a working clock. Yes I'm serious. He's a guy who's jokes have annoyed me as a liberal. He's a guy who has sent my family members to fight a war I don't believe in. I don't like him.

    However, he is still the President of what is still the most powerful country in the world. He's been the most protected man for the last 8 years for a reason. He's the CinC of our military. He's a guy who aside from all his faults doesn't deserve to be disrespected at least in such a classless manner. I don't even think he needs to be disrespected to show disagreement with him.
    Any president of the US is my president; political disagreements aren't enough for me to turn my back on my country's leader.

    USA! USA! USA!
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #104
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,635

    Re: Is the President YOUR President?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Other than Texas.....I consider all of the United States my country....Texas is in a whole other world though. It is, afterall....the land that gave us GWB, Ted Cruz and Rick Perry....
    California gave us gold, anti-Chinese sentiment, movies, hippies, and Ronald Reagan.

    Modest improvement at best.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  5. #105
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is the President YOUR President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    What I don't get is why are people actually OFFENDED that I don't consider B. Obama my president? Like why start a thread about this to begin with?

    Who cares. I'm not hurting anyone so it's not really your business what I think or anyone else.

    We're not living in pre-Christian Rome where refusing to worship Caesar was punishable by death. B Obama is a pretty arrogant fellow, but he hasn't stooped to THAT level yet.

    So everyone relax yo.
    He is not my president because I don't believe was legally elected and not qualified to be president.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #106
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is the President YOUR President?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Hey, isn't that what the left threatened to do after Bush II was elected? Leave?

    FWIW, I'll stay right here in 'my' country of Texas.
    They threated to leave but none did.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #107
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Is the President YOUR President?

    I'd like to see Sam Houston come back and spank Cruz, Perry, Gohmert and the rest over his knee..
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Other than Texas.....I consider all of the United States my country....Texas is in a whole other world though. It is, afterall....the land that gave us GWB, Ted Cruz and Rick Perry....
    Physics is Phun

  8. #108
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,635

    Re: Is the President YOUR President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    He is not my president because I don't believe was legally elected and not qualified to be president.
    Not legally elected? Seriously?
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #109
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is the President YOUR President?

    I don't want to throw my country under the bus, I want to throw Obama under it.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #110
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: Is the President YOUR President?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Fortunately, we have a series of checks and balances when the POTUS steps out of line and becomes someone elses president.

    I didn't vote for the MoFo so I don't see him as 'my' president. Nor do I see the bluer parts of this land being 'my' country.

    Plus I'm assured the 'other' side feels the same way.

    Sorry but 'we' are currently a divided land.
    I sure don't. I don't treat the red states as if they are some foreign land.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •