View Poll Results: How should we ensure our Navigator Workforce?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • No Restrictions - let the Navigators work

    2 20.00%
  • No Federal Restrictions - Whatever the States Want is fine

    1 10.00%
  • No Felons

    1 10.00%
  • No Felons, and a background investigation

    6 60.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Should we amend the ACA so that Felons cannot be Navigators?

  1. #1
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,123

    Should we amend the ACA so that Felons cannot be Navigators?

    Apparently this was never addressed. Which seems rather insane, given the exponential growth in identity theft, and the amount of personal information that Americans are required to put into the system.

    Marco Rubio has apparently introduced a bill to forbid the hiring of felons as Navigators. Yea or Nay?

  2. #2
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Should we amend the ACA so that Felons cannot be Navigators?

    Navigators of what?

    Forgive me. I'm a foreigner.

  3. #3
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Should we amend the ACA so that Felons cannot be Navigators?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Apparently this was never addressed. Which seems rather insane, given the exponential growth in identity theft, and the amount of personal information that Americans are required to put into the system.

    Marco Rubio has apparently introduced a bill to forbid the hiring of felons as Navigators. Yea or Nay?
    Felons should not be allowed to work at all, ever, in any job. They broke the law, their life is over. But lets clarify - felons or ex-felons?

  4. #4
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,123

    Re: Should we amend the ACA so that Felons cannot be Navigators?

    Good point - it was assumed that it was people who had broken the law, done jail time, and were now out.

  5. #5
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,123

    Re: Should we amend the ACA so that Felons cannot be Navigators?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    Navigators of what?

    Forgive me. I'm a foreigner.
    Obamacare. These are the people that we are supposed to hand over our social security numbers, birthdates, medical issues, personal and family information.... everything that is an identity thief's dream.

  6. #6
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Should we amend the ACA so that Felons cannot be Navigators?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Obamacare. These are the people that we are supposed to hand over our social security numbers, birthdates, medical issues, personal and family information.... everything that is an identity thief's dream.
    Ah. I see. In that case, it's a moral debate. Personally, I'm gonna err on the side of caution and say no. At least concerning those convicted of the more serious crimes. Especially as they might relate specifically to white collar crime. Why take the chance when there are persons of impeccable character to fill the vacancies?

  7. #7
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,123

    Re: Should we amend the ACA so that Felons cannot be Navigators?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    Ah. I see. In that case, it's a moral debate. Personally, I'm gonna err on the side of caution and say no. At least concerning those convicted of the more serious crimes. Especially as they might relate specifically to white collar crime. Why take the chance when there are persons of impeccable character to fill the vacancies?

    Bingo. It's veterans day - we have 10% unemployment among recent veterans, and they have all already had a background check, and many probably even have SECRET clearances. Let's hire them.

  8. #8
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Should we amend the ACA so that Felons cannot be Navigators?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Bingo. It's veterans day - we have 10% unemployment among recent veterans, and they have all already had a background check, and many probably even have SECRET clearances. Let's hire them.
    Sounds good to me. As you say, at least we know they've been screened.

  9. #9
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,908

    Re: Should we amend the ACA so that Felons cannot be Navigators?

    I'm fine with being as strict as possible regarding the navigators.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #10
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Should we amend the ACA so that Felons cannot be Navigators?

    Are we discussing the felons who work at the prisons or are we discussing people who have completed their punishment and had their civil rights restored AKA ex-felons.

    I must admit I'm OK with both for different reasons and a few obvious precautions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •