View Poll Results: Who would you like to see as the republican nominee, select all that apply

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paul Ryan

    10 12.35%
  • Rand Paul

    25 30.86%
  • Ted Cruz

    15 18.52%
  • Marco Rubio

    10 12.35%
  • Chris Christie

    36 44.44%
  • Scott Walker

    6 7.41%
  • Jeb Bush

    10 12.35%
  • Jon Huntsman

    15 18.52%
  • Alan Keyes

    2 2.47%
  • Other

    17 20.99%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 133

Thread: For Non Democrats Only: Who Would You Like To See Win The 2016 Republican Primary

  1. #101
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,635

    Re: For Non Democrats Only: Who Would You Like To See Win The 2016 Republican Primar

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    The basis of Wilson's whole political theology was never based in individualism but collectivism.
    I'm guessing you haven't actually read his work. If you did, you would know it was meant to be the compromise to both, with traditional Democrats standing on the former, Bryan, Roosevelt, and Taft standing at the other end.

    Has someone not read Wilson's unpublished manuscripts leading up to his election? Has someone not studied the Progressive era where the Socialist Party was very open at that time so much so that the first socialist was elected to Congress from Wisconsin? And a man by the name of Eugene Debs, a socialist, listed on many ballots across this country representing the Socialist party on multiple occasions during the Progressive erA. But oddly (NOT REALLY) after the election of Woodrow Wilson, the Socialist party seem to disappear and the reason...they found a friend in the Democrat party.
    You're conflating the organizational problems, social problems, and legal problems surrounding the Socialist Party's demise with a Populist-Party-like absorption with the Democratic Party. It had neither the organizational structure, nor the leadership's interest in doing much more than it was doing-which was an exceptionally half-assed book tour. With the outset of the War, criticism of the government was penalized, and as such the Socialists could not stand a chance. After the Bolshevik Revolution, the Red Scare also tainted any hopes their watered-down socialism stood at gaining prominence and acceptance from the American public.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  2. #102
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: For Non Democrats Only: Who Would You Like To See Win The 2016 Republican Primar

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    What a bunch of whoo wee. There are several types of conservatives alone within the Republican partyl Paleo conservatives, social conservatives, neo conservatives, fiscal conservatives. Stopping the trampling of the Constitution and restoring its first principles is a noble goal.
    From what I've seen Republicans talk about the upholding the Constitution, then once they get off their soapbox they move on to passing DOMA laws.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  3. #103
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,841

    Re: For Non Democrats Only: Who Would You Like To See Win The 2016 Republican Primar

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    From what I've seen Republicans talk about the upholding the Constitution, then once they get off their soapbox they move on to passing DOMA laws.
    Reinoe, I personally don't see where the Constitution allows the authority to pass DOMA or Same Sex Marriage. These social issues should have no bearing on the Federal government. They are state issues.

  4. #104
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,841

    Re: For Non Democrats Only: Who Would You Like To See Win The 2016 Republican Primar

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    I'm guessing you haven't actually read his work. If you did, you would know it was meant to be the compromise to both, with traditional Democrats standing on the former, Bryan, Roosevelt, and Taft standing at the other end.



    You're conflating the organizational problems, social problems, and legal problems surrounding the Socialist Party's demise with a Populist-Party-like absorption with the Democratic Party. It had neither the organizational structure, nor the leadership's interest in doing much more than it was doing-which was an exceptionally half-assed book tour. With the outset of the War, criticism of the government was penalized, and as such the Socialists could not stand a chance. After the Bolshevik Revolution, the Red Scare also tainted any hopes their watered-down socialism stood at gaining prominence and acceptance from the American public.
    Oh plaleese don't spout off that their efforts were half assed! It's time for you take off those rose colored glasses. A trip to Wiki will prove that Eugene Debs efforts alone and his followers played a big role. To this day there is such a thing as the Eugene Debs Award where you find over the years union bosses, journalists who write columns in our daily newspapers, and other influencial characters receiving the coveted awards that reflect the spread of socialism ideology shared by Debs.

    Bottom line for over a hundred years there have been people undermining our Constitutional form of government. Even after Wilson when Mussolini took power there were those convinced his type of fascism was just what we needed!

  5. #105
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,635

    Re: For Non Democrats Only: Who Would You Like To See Win The 2016 Republican Primar

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Oh plaleese don't spout off that their efforts were half assed! It's time for you take off those rose colored glasses. A trip to Wiki will prove that Eugene Debs efforts alone and his followers played a big role. To this day there is such a thing as the Eugene Debs Award where you find over the years union bosses, journalists who write columns in our daily newspapers, and other influencial characters receiving the coveted awards that reflect the spread of socialism ideology shared by Debs.

    Bottom line for over a hundred years there have been people undermining our Constitutional form of government. Even after Wilson when Mussolini took power there were those convinced his type of fascism was just what we needed!
    Yeah, I would suggest you actually study the historiography of the progressive era more before spouting off this nonsense. Wikipedia, not so much. I'm still taking the guess that Beck influenced your viewpoint, or at very least, was complimentary to his strange interpretation of American intellectual history. This is hardly worth the time to debunk any further.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  6. #106
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: For Non Democrats Only: Who Would You Like To See Win The 2016 Republican Primar

    as of right now, the most likely front runner I would vote for would be hill dog. Though she gets lots of flack for riding her husbands coat tails I always saw her as an effective political leader and her time at state made me fill that she could easily fit the role of an executive. Surely I'm not exactly enamored with the lady, but I'm looking for good leadership skills at this point and politics i can tolerate. If there is a more conservative candidate that I like, I'm sure I would have no issue sending my vote in that direction. But I expect the GOP will have another march of the crazies and finally a centrist who has to placate the base. Which isn't going to get my vote

  7. #107
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: For Non Democrats Only: Who Would You Like To See Win The 2016 Republican Primar

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    I'm guessing you haven't actually read his work. If you did, you would know it was meant to be the compromise to both, with traditional Democrats standing on the former, Bryan, Roosevelt, and Taft standing at the other end.



    You're conflating the organizational problems, social problems, and legal problems surrounding the Socialist Party's demise with a Populist-Party-like absorption with the Democratic Party. It had neither the organizational structure, nor the leadership's interest in doing much more than it was doing-which was an exceptionally half-assed book tour. With the outset of the War, criticism of the government was penalized, and as such the Socialists could not stand a chance. After the Bolshevik Revolution, the Red Scare also tainted any hopes their watered-down socialism stood at gaining prominence and acceptance from the American public.
    there was a recent hardcore history on the american red scare that I liked a lot. I know as a trained historian you might find carlin difficult to listen to, but as an entertainment show on history I always enjoyed him

  8. #108
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,635

    Re: For Non Democrats Only: Who Would You Like To See Win The 2016 Republican Primar

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    there was a recent hardcore history on the american red scare that I liked a lot. I know as a trained historian you might find carlin difficult to listen to, but as an entertainment show on history I always enjoyed him
    There's always fun stuff to watch/listen to.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #109
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,841

    Re: For Non Democrats Only: Who Would You Like To See Win The 2016 Republican Primar

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Yeah, I would suggest you actually study the historiography of the progressive era more before spouting off this nonsense. Wikipedia, not so much. I'm still taking the guess that Beck influenced your viewpoint, or at very least, was complimentary to his strange interpretation of American intellectual history. This is hardly worth the time to debunk any further.
    Well I suggest you stop calling what you don't agree with nonsense. My understanding of the history of the Progressive Era has been through much study. I don't know where you get this notion I have been influenced by Beck. Are you speaking of Glenn Beck the radio commentator? If so you are wrong. I obtained more knowledge on the subject and perspective than what you have presented in just reading the Annals of America History during that time period. I have read the unpublished manuscripts of Woodrow Wilson and it was easy to conclude he was a flaming Socialist. You haven't debunked anything I have stated.

  10. #110
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,635

    Re: For Non Democrats Only: Who Would You Like To See Win The 2016 Republican Primar

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Well I suggest you stop calling what you don't agree with nonsense. My understanding of the history of the Progressive Era has been through much study. I don't know where you get this notion I have been influenced by Beck. Are you speaking of Glenn Beck the radio commentator? If so you are wrong. I obtained more knowledge on the subject and perspective than what you have presented in just reading the Annals of America History during that time period. I have read the unpublished manuscripts of Woodrow Wilson and it was easy to conclude he was a flaming Socialist. You haven't debunked anything I have stated.
    Anyone who claims Wilson was a raging socialist hardly knows what they're talking about. Of course, I wouldn't have the pleasure of watching you at a conference trying to pull that one off, but it would be amusing to guess the results.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •