View Poll Results: Could you have sex with a transgender

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way, it's a man

    19 54.29%
  • Yeah baby that's what I'm talkin about

    16 45.71%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 137

Thread: transgender love

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: transgender love

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I am semi happily married
    Just FYI, this may make my sig at some point in time.

  2. #122
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: transgender love

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Okay, I understand your point better. I guess though that I have a hard time with the idea because I see it as condoning hate and and judgement and frankly, I struggle with that. It seems inconsistent with things our history should have taught us about prejudice and exclusion.
    I don't disagree with that. However, I think there is a real difference between bigotry, intolerance and NOT supporting gay marriage. One can have a stance against, say gay marriage and it have very little to nothing to do with hate or intolerance. If you make it harder for those folks to defend their position, say with a civil union process where a gay family is more ubiquitous in everyday life then the more intolerant jerks will lose an ally and the whole thing falls apart for them. Personally I think demanding gay marriage be called a marriage is silly. Embrace the difference! But that's just me.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #123
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: transgender love

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Gina did not say that it is *you* who is being intolerant.

    However, there is no reasonable doubt that the opposition to SSM is motivated by intolerance.

    When a compromise requires some people to be denied their constitutional right to equal treatment under the law, then it's not a compromise; it's a surrender of their constitutional right.

    That goes double when the "compromise" requires one side to give up nothing.
    See, that's the problem with people like, you assume that because people do not support gay marriage, they must be bad intolerant people thuis you attack and condemn them for not believing what you do, you're just as bad as Gina. TOLERANCE FOR ALL! As long as you AGREE WITH US!
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #124
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    60,113

    Re: transgender love

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    See, that's the problem with people like, you assume that because people do not support gay marriage, they must be bad intolerant people thuis you attack and condemn them for not believing what you do, you're just as bad as Gina. TOLERANCE FOR ALL! As long as you AGREE WITH US!
    You are misunderstanding what has been said, again

    I did not say that someone who opposes SSM is a bad person for not believing as I do.

    What I said is that it demonstrates a lack of toleration for SSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: transgender love

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I don't disagree with that. However, I think there is a real difference between bigotry, intolerance and NOT supporting gay marriage. One can have a stance against, say gay marriage and it have very little to nothing to do with hate or intolerance. If you make it harder for those folks to defend their position, say with a civil union process where a gay family is more ubiquitous in everyday life then the more intolerant jerks will lose an ally and the whole thing falls apart for them. Personally I think demanding gay marriage be called a marriage is silly. Embrace the difference! But that's just me.
    Well then, why be against SSM? Economic or fiscal reasons? Will peace be threatened with its legality?

    It sounds like the only reason you can come up with is terminology.

  6. #126
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: transgender love

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    . Embrace the difference! But that's just me.
    However, I think there is a real difference between bigotry, intolerance and NOT supporting gay marriage.
    What is the difference here?

    Personally I think demanding gay marriage be called a marriage is silly
    Why is it silly? And (now answer honestly) what if we changed what marriage is called for everyone? What if your marriage was now called a civil union? Would you feel like something was taken from you?
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  7. #127
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: transgender love

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Well then, why be against SSM? Economic or fiscal reasons? Will peace be threatened with its legality?

    It sounds like the only reason you can come up with is terminology.
    Tradition? Belief that marriage is an institution built around a particular biological structure that time tested tends to work pretty well. What the hell do you call them? Man and Man? Woman and Wife? It's awkward for crying out loud :P There are reasons to be against "Gay Marriage". Mine is more I think having all the legal privileges of marriage (visiting rights in a hospital for example) outweigh a label and want the IMPORTANT things in place.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #128
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: transgender love

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    What is the difference here?


    Why is it silly? And (now answer honestly) what if we changed what marriage is called for everyone? What if your marriage was now called a civil union? Would you feel like something was taken from you?
    No, I wouldn't feel something was taken away from me. But I'm married to a woman, and we have children and are raising them thus the traditional purpose and reason for a marriage so I'd be just annoyed.

    Maybe I find it odd, "I'm a GAY(insert here whatever, Cop, American, Banker, Teacher... whatever) We're Queer! We're Proud! Blah blah blah, we're different!" Then turn around and start a huge fight over not being the same as everyone else. I find THAT boggling. Did that... make sense?If I were gay, I wouldn't want to "Marry" a man, that's silly. I'd embrace being different. Gay isn't "normal", but not being "normal" isn't bad. Maybe I'm just different like that.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: transgender love

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Tradition? Belief that marriage is an institution built around a particular biological structure that time tested tends to work pretty well. What the hell do you call them? Man and Man? Woman and Wife? It's awkward for crying out loud :P There are reasons to be against "Gay Marriage". Mine is more I think having all the legal privileges of marriage (visiting rights in a hospital for example) outweigh a label and want the IMPORTANT things in place.
    Sorry, I need a better reason to be against something other than "it's awkward". If that's all it takes, then peeing in public should be a felony.

  10. #130
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: transgender love

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You are misunderstanding what has been said, again

    I did not say that someone who opposes SSM is a bad person for not believing as I do.

    What I said is that it demonstrates a lack of toleration for SSM.
    Why does one have to tolerate SSM by endorsing it? Can one disagree with SSM while not caring what two people otherwise do with their lives?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •