View Poll Results: Could you have sex with a transgender

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way, it's a man

    19 54.29%
  • Yeah baby that's what I'm talkin about

    16 45.71%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 137

Thread: transgender love

  1. #111
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: transgender love

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    It's not that OD, it's there is a large majority of people that find Gay Marriage just, unacceptable.
    I hear that but how in the world is that a good enough reason. In what other instance do we allow people to be denied access to the any privilege because some people have a hard time accepting it? And why is your acceptance of it necessary? (I am being sincere with these questions, it is hard not to assign it an snotty tone but that is not where I'm coming from)

    protections that really, in the end matter
    But that's you deciding what SHOULD matter. Isn't that their decision?

    Yes the majority position is causing hardship, I get that, I REALLY do. But you get more flies with honey then vinegar. Right now, I'm offering honey, you're all for pouring vinegar.
    Here is the problem with this stance. I could easily say the same about the position of those who oppose gay marriage but really, is that fair? I am offended frankly by the selfishness of this position, but I am trying to understand what is happening internally for the people who hold it. When you don't do that, when you judge and demean their effort communication ends and understanding becomes impossible. Which puts solutions out of reach.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  2. #112
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,916
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: transgender love

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Navy, with the right surgery, you wouldn't know. With hormones... if she's truly female in mind and takes the time and effort to get her body to match, you'd never know.
    Very true.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  3. #113
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,853

    Re: transgender love

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    It's not that OD, it's there is a large majority of people that find Gay Marriage just, unacceptable. There are gay people that wish to have the legal, financial advantages of a marriage. Instead of forcing the majority to "YOU WILL ACCEPT THIS BECAUSE WE THINK YOU'RE WRONG!" why not start with the important CIVIL LEGAL protections that really, in the end matter instead of trying to shove gay marriage down the throats of the country?

    That's the activist gay agenda I'm talking about.

    Yes the majority position is causing hardship, I get that, I REALLY do. But you get more flies with honey then vinegar. Right now, I'm offering honey, you're all for pouring vinegar.
    What you want boils down to separate but equal. Marriage lite because of intolerance. SSM does not tangibly harm straight marriage.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: transgender love

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    I hear that but how in the world is that a good enough reason. In what other instance do we allow people to be denied access to the any privilege because some people have a hard time accepting it? And why is your acceptance of it necessary? (I am being sincere with these questions, it is hard not to assign it an snotty tone but that is not where I'm coming from)


    But that's you deciding what SHOULD matter. Isn't that their decision?



    Here is the problem with this stance. I could easily say the same about the position of those who oppose gay marriage but really, is that fair? I am offended frankly by the selfishness of this position, but I am trying to understand what is happening internally for the people who hold it. When you don't do that, when you judge and demean their effort communication ends and understanding becomes impossible. Which puts solutions out of reach.
    I'm not trying to be demeaning, I'm saying that even in California and Oregon, you couldn't get people to vote for Gay Marriage, forcing them to accept it by fiat just causes MORE hate and problems. I'm TRYING to get to gay marriage, without all the bull****.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #115
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: transgender love

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    What you want boils down to separate but equal. Marriage lite because of intolerance. SSM does not tangibly harm straight marriage.
    Yes, that's it. It's intolerance that guides me, how ****ing stupid of me to not see this before. SCREW YOU AMERICA! GAY MARRIAGE FOR ALL, DON'T LIKE TOO ****ING BAD! That's YOU BEING INTOLERANT YOU BOGITS JERKS YOU WILL LIKE WHAT WE SAY!!! Screw trying to ease the issue and helping people see through small steps, screw that, you don't get a say in what we want, Gay Marriage all the way baby,m screw your religion, screw your beliefs, screw you! You are hateful angry bigoted people denying Gay's their rights! Marriage is whatever anyone says it is!
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #116
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,853

    Re: transgender love

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Yes, that's it. It's intolerance that guides me, how ****ing stupid of me to not see this before. SCREW YOU AMERICA! GAY MARRIAGE FOR ALL, DON'T LIKE TOO ****ING BAD! That's YOU BEING INTOLERANT YOU BOGITS JERKS YOU WILL LIKE WHAT WE SAY!!! Screw trying to ease the issue and helping people see through small steps, screw that, you don't get a say in what we want, Gay Marriage all the way baby,m screw your religion, screw your beliefs, screw you! You are hateful angry bigoted people denying Gay's their rights! Marriage is whatever anyone says it is!
    Wow.

    Um. That's not what I said. Nor would I make my argument in such uncivil terms. That gets us no where fast.

    Appeasement of intolerance also gets us no where. Those doing the appeasing are made second class citizens. How is that right?
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  7. #117
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: transgender love

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I'm not trying to be demeaning, I'm saying that even in California and Oregon, you couldn't get people to vote for Gay Marriage, forcing them to accept it by fiat just causes MORE hate and problems. I'm TRYING to get to gay marriage, without all the bull****.
    Okay, I understand your point better. I guess though that I have a hard time with the idea because I see it as condoning hate and and judgement and frankly, I struggle with that. It seems inconsistent with things our history should have taught us about prejudice and exclusion.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  8. #118
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: transgender love

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Yes, that's it. It's intolerance that guides me, how ****ing stupid of me to not see this before. SCREW YOU AMERICA! GAY MARRIAGE FOR ALL, DON'T LIKE TOO ****ING BAD! That's YOU BEING INTOLERANT YOU BOGITS JERKS YOU WILL LIKE WHAT WE SAY!!! Screw trying to ease the issue and helping people see through small steps, screw that, you don't get a say in what we want, Gay Marriage all the way baby,m screw your religion, screw your beliefs, screw you! You are hateful angry bigoted people denying Gay's their rights! Marriage is whatever anyone says it is!
    Gina did not say that it is *you* who is being intolerant.

    However, there is no reasonable doubt that the opposition to SSM is motivated by intolerance.

    When a compromise requires some people to be denied their constitutional right to equal treatment under the law, then it's not a compromise; it's a surrender of their constitutional right.

    That goes double when the "compromise" requires one side to give up nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: transgender love

    This thread became hella entertaining.

    I could be more against gay marriage if there was a reason based in logic or rationale, not "the Bible says no" or "ew it's icky".

    Can we like gay marriage to cancer or something?

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: transgender love

    I very rarely change my mind but this thread has been educational and my initial position is softening. I suppose it's possible I could have sex with or fall in love with a transgender but fortunately I am semi happily married and fairly old so I'm sure I will never have to find out, not in this life anyway.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •