View Poll Results: Who is the more sinister liar?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Hussein Obama

    39 47.56%
  • Richard Milhouse Nixon

    43 52.44%
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 209

Thread: Obama vs. Nixon

  1. #41
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Obama vs. Nixon

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    If not for Watergate, Muskie runs against him in 72 instead of McGovern, and Nixon never sees a second term.
    Watergate really had nothing to do with the election of 1972. It was a very minor news story that wouldn't explode until later.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  2. #42
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,826

    Re: Obama vs. Nixon

    Ever since Nixon destroyed himself all by himself, republicans have been hell-bent on destroying, destroying the next three Democratic POTUSs just for starters..
    Physics is Phun

  3. #43
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Obama vs. Nixon

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    A. Only to partisans. In reality expanding medicare costs the government more money than demanding everyone carry insurance.

    B. Education "reform"...talk about hilarious.
    You make a few mistakes here:
    A) Data or it isn't true. If it is, I'll eat crow on that claim. However, you'll never convince me that the Medicare expansion hurts the country more than the ACA does.
    B) What would you call it then? We had one education "system", it changed to a new one. Hence, "reformed".
    C) You assume I supported Bush at any point, which I didn't. You probably think I voted for Romney as well huh?
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  4. #44
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,719

    Re: Obama vs. Nixon

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    You make a few mistakes here:
    A) Data or it isn't true. If it is, I'll eat crow on that claim. However, you'll never convince me that the Medicare expansion hurts the country more than the ACA does.
    B) What would you call it then? We had one education "system", it changed to a new one. Hence, "reformed".
    C) You assume I supported Bush at any point, which I didn't. You probably think I voted for Romney as well huh?
    C.) I could care less. My original statement still hold--Obama like Bush will fade away and become a footnote.
    B.) No Child Left Behind is a joke. Reform is the last word I would consider for it.
    A.)
    The Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act of 2003 -- better known as the Medicare Modernization Act -- created a new benefit called Medicare Part D, which covers prescription drugs.

    Gauging its price is tricky. How do you measure the cost of something that will continue to accumulate over the years and and has no end date?

    ...The true cost of the program is unknown since it will continue to grow. In fact, the Government Accountability Office shows that the cost could exceed $7 trillion in 75 years
    PolitiFact Virginia | Bobby Scott says Republicans created $1 trillion prescription drug plan

  5. #45
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,719

    Re: Obama vs. Nixon

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Watergate really had nothing to do with the election of 1972. It was a very minor news story that wouldn't explode until later.
    Do you really believe McGovern won that nomination because he was the best candidate the D's had in 1972? Really?

  6. #46
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Obama vs. Nixon

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    C.) I could care less. My original statement still hold--Obama like Bush will fade away and become a footnote.
    B.) No Child Left Behind is a joke. Reform is the last word I would consider for it.
    A.)
    Give me a bit bro. Gotta go out for a while. I'll respond to this later.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  7. #47
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,464
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama vs. Nixon

    Obama vs. Nixon.
    Who is most sinister in their lying?

    Benghazi. Americans died, Obama lied.
    If you like your plan or doctor, you can keep your plan or doctor + you didn't listen American Idiots... I actually said "If you like your plan or doctor, you can keep your plan or doctor... AND...)

    or

    Covering for a 3rd rate burglary Nixon did not plan or approve, instead of letting them hang.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Obama vs. Nixon

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Do you really believe McGovern won that nomination because he was the best candidate the D's had in 1972? Really?
    No, but I was looking at how the primaries went. The two January 72 primaries went to Muskie, in March Muskie won NH, Wallace took FL, Muskie ILL. You're man was looking good, then came April, McGovern took WI, ID and MASS while Humphrey won Penn. In May Humphrey won Ind with Wallace a very close second, humphrey won Ohio by 1 point over McGovern, Wallace took TN and NC, McGovern add NE, Humphrey WV, then Wallace won Maryland and Michigan. Wallace was shot in Maryland after taking 4 of the last 5. If he wasn't shot, Wallace had momentum and could have very well won the Democratic Nomination in 1972 instead of McGovern. After a very strong start, muskies last win was on March 21 in ILL. His momentum was spent.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  9. #49
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,464
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama vs. Nixon

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Ever since Nixon destroyed himself all by himself, republicans have been hell-bent on destroying, destroying the next three Democratic POTUSs just for starters..
    Oh my, I wonder what it was like in your classroom?

    Did Republicans try to destroy Carter? No
    Felonious Bill Clinton caused his own problems.
    Obama said he'd be a uniter, said there was no red or blue America, just the US of A... and then on Day 1 tells R's they can't listen to Rush and get things done. Obama has lied about Benghazi, run guns to Mexico, slandered a cop as stupid, and lied, lied and lied about ObamaKare.

    Demokrats ought to try running honest people.

    Nixon or Obama... who is the more sinister liar?
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #50
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,373

    Re: Obama vs. Nixon

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I think you're wrong there. Nixon won his re-election in November of 1972 and the Paris Peace Accords were signed in January of 1973. A scant 2 months later. Kissinger did jump the gun when he declared peace was at hand a bit. But it was with the added incentive of Linebacker II.
    Peace came in Vietnam because Congress refused any more funding, not because Nixon wanted it. Nixon won in 1968 because he had a "secret plan" to end the war...FIVE YEARS later when we surrendered the country to North Vietnam. There is no honor in anything Nixon did in Vietnam but plenty of shame.

    In the 1968 election, Republican Richard Nixon claimed to have a plan to end the war in Vietnam, but, in fact, it took him five years to disengage the United States from Vietnam. Indeed, Richard Nixon presided over as many years of war in Indochina as did Johnson. About a third of the Americans who died in combat were killed during the Nixon presidency.
    Insofar as he did have a plan to bring "peace with honor," it mainly entailed reducing American casualties by having South Vietnamese soldiers bear more of the ground fighting--a process he called "Vietnamization"--and defusing anti-war protests by ending the military draft. Nixon provided the South Vietnamese army with new training and improved weapons and tried to frighten the North Vietnamese to the peace table by demonstrating his willingness to bomb urban areas and mine harbors. He also hoped to orchestrate Soviet and Chinese pressure on North Vietnam.

    The most controversial aspect of his strategy was an effort to cut the Ho Chi Minh supply trail by secretly bombing North Vietnamese sanctuaries in Cambodia and invading that country and Laos. The U.S. and South Vietnamese incursion into Cambodia in April 1970 helped destabilize the country, provoking a bloody civil war and bringing to power the murderous Khmer Rouge, a Communist group that evacuated Cambodia's cities and threw thousands into re-education camps.
    Digital History

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •