View Poll Results: Who is the more sinister liar?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Hussein Obama

    39 47.56%
  • Richard Milhouse Nixon

    43 52.44%
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 209

Thread: Obama vs. Nixon

  1. #191
    Sage
    Oozlefinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,363

    Re: Obama vs. Nixon

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    You speak an awful lot of what Nixon knew.

    Where is your unbiased, FACTUAL proof that he knew NOTHING of what you say.
    Even Woodward and Bernstein admit he did not know about the burglary until after the fact.

    It is not up to me to prove he did not know, double-negative and all of that. It is up to you to prove that he did.
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. - John Stuart Mill

  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Obama vs. Nixon

    Quote Originally Posted by Oozlefinch View Post
    Even Woodward and Bernstein admit he did not know about the burglary until after the fact.

    It is not up to me to prove he did not know, double-negative and all of that. It is up to you to prove that he did.
    You first claimed you knew what he thought.

    So it is up to you to back up your initial claim.

    Since you refuse, then your claim will be judged by the unbiased, fact-based evidence you have provided to back it up...which is nothing.

    So noted.

    I am done with you on this.


    Have a nice day.

  3. #193
    Sage
    Oozlefinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,363

    Re: Obama vs. Nixon

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    You first claimed you knew what he thought.

    So it is up to you to back up your initial claim.
    Watergate scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    About Watergate scandal - Portal TOL On-Line Technology

    I also refer you to "All The Presidents Men", by Bernstein and Woodward. You might try reading that, it is considered the definitive book about the scandal. And in it they clearly said that there is absolutely no evidence that the President knew about the break-in beforehand, all evidence points to him only finding out about it afterwards.
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. - John Stuart Mill

  4. #194
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: Obama vs. Nixon

    A Nixon / Returning POW video well worth watching on Veteran's Day:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=LemllfcAY8A&sns=em

    An Obama article well worth reading on Veteran's Day:
    Top generals: Obama is ‘purging the military’

    Precisely who is the real "scum" here?
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  5. #195
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Obama vs. Nixon

    "Why Obama, of course. Nixon was white!" [/sarcasm]

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  6. #196
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,448
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama vs. Nixon

    Quote Originally Posted by Oozlefinch View Post
    Watergate scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    About Watergate scandal - Portal TOL On-Line Technology

    I also refer you to "All The Presidents Men", by Bernstein and Woodward. You might try reading that, it is considered the definitive book about the scandal. And in it they clearly said that there is absolutely no evidence that the President knew about the break-in beforehand, all evidence points to him only finding out about it afterwards.
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

    You are destroying their werld. Watergate was the political Crime of the Century for the Leftists, and that Nixon covered up a 3rd rate burglary he didn't plan or know about... well.. can't have that... can we now?

    No, no, no...

    Can't have that because it makes Nixon's Crime of the Century look pretty lame when compared to Obama's years of lying about ObamaKare, and then his attempted lie about the years of lying.

    Watergate didn't hurt anyone except Nixon and those involved with the break-in. ObamaKare has had a tremendous negative effect on millions upon millions, and the cost for the website alone has been 600 million... and rising.

    Demokrats have made an enormous deal out of Watergate for decades... and now the Demokrats have a major league Con man who makes Nixon look like a petty shoplifter.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  7. #197
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado, U.S.A
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    464

    Re: Obama vs. Nixon

    im to young for Nixon so im just saying Obama. but i heard Watergate was an impressive bit for nixon

  8. #198
    Sage
    Oozlefinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,363

    Re: Obama vs. Nixon

    Quote Originally Posted by JJB3333 View Post
    im to young for Nixon so im just saying Obama. but i heard Watergate was an impressive bit for nixon
    I remember Watergate, and it was actually a great example of what America was like in the 1970's.

    Back then, even covering up something after the fact was enough to bring down a President. Today, even a president lying about sexual assault and sex in the Oral Office is not enough, even with DNA evidence.

    Well, as long as that President is a Democrat. If you are a Republican and look at an intern, it ends your career. If you are a democrat you can do whatever you want and nobody even screams "improper relations between employee and boss".
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. - John Stuart Mill

  9. #199
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,448
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama vs. Nixon

    Quote Originally Posted by Oozlefinch View Post
    I remember Watergate, and it was actually a great example of what America was like in the 1970's.

    Back then, even covering up something after the fact was enough to bring down a President. Today, even a president lying about sexual assault and sex in the Oral Office is not enough, even with DNA evidence.

    Well, as long as that President is a Democrat. If you are a Republican and look at an intern, it ends your career. If you are a democrat you can do whatever you want and nobody even screams "improper relations between employee and boss".
    It wasn't just they lying... it was the lying under oath in an attempt to deny someone their day in court (Paula Jones)... and denying them their day in court upon law pushed vigorously by Demokrats to protect women from sexual predators like Felonious Bill Clinton.

    The lib defense was... Felonious Bill Clinton is a King, and Kings get to lie under oath about sex because everyone lies about sex.

    Nixon lied about a 3rd rate burglary... Obama lied for years in order to pass legislation and win an election; and not just any legislation. Had the public know the truth dare we say things may have turned out differently?

    Had we know the truth about Benghazi, had the press been relentless in their pursuit of the truth...

    Nixon's misdeed is almost laughable in comparison to Obama's serial prevarications. Nobody died during Watergate.
    Last edited by zimmer; 11-18-13 at 03:28 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #200
    Sage
    Oozlefinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,363

    Re: Obama vs. Nixon

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    It wasn't just they lying... it was the lying under oat in an attempt to deny someone their day in court (Paula Jones)... and denying them their day in court upon law pushed vigorously by Demokrats to protect women from sexual predators like Felonious Bill Clinton.
    ^5 for that.

    Most people have forgotten that that entire thing started after Miss Jones files a Sexual Harassment lawsuit against the President, and it started an investigation into if he had ever made sexual advances against any other women who had worked for him.

    Of course then several other women came forward and said he had, including groping their bottom and making passes at them, and they were labeled by the press as sluts. Then one came forward with DNA of semen stains on her clothing, and suddenly it becomes "consensual sex" and "not really sex at all".

    Funny how the standards slide, depending on the party in question. Personally, if I tried to tell my wife "Honest honey, it was not sex, she only gave me a hummer", I doubt I would have said body parts in question attached to my body any longer.
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. - John Stuart Mill

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •