View Poll Results: What should happen to Incognito of the Miami Dolphins?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • He should lose his job and be criminally charged

    5 12.20%
  • Incognito, the coach, and ownership should be punished by the league

    10 24.39%
  • Nothing should happen, this is the NFL

    11 26.83%
  • IF Martin had been tough, we would have never heard about this

    8 19.51%
  • Incognito fined, suspended, and the NFL investigated

    8 19.51%
  • I hate sports and could care less

    5 12.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 204

Thread: Incognito- what should the punishment be?

  1. #91
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Incognito- what should the punishment be?

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    "Maybe" he crossed the line? Are you serious? You do know he threatened to kill Martin? That's a crime. But whether criminal or not, these are grown men who are paid a lot of money to DO A JOB. It's not a high school locker room. There are people who think hazing is okay. We now know it's not. It's no longer sanctioned, and is criminal in some instances.

    It's unnecessary to harass someone who is there to do his job. Doesn't matter if his coach told him to do something or not (if you believe that). Icognito is a grown man. He is responsible for his actions. The fact that he is now reporting that the coach told him to toughen Martin up is further evidence of Incognito's immaturity. Like a kid who says that "Eddie told me to do it!" when he gets in trouble with his parents.

    The guy's probably out of control because of steroids. Which is another reason he should be fired. He's been fired before for his over the line behavior. You can be manly and tough without harming your team mates. They are supposed to be on teh same team, after all. How could they possibly work together, under these circumstances? Martin is receiving treatment. Assuming Martin isn't delicate emotionally, which is a safe assumption, that tells me that Incognito was definitely over the line, unrelenting, personally offensive, threatening, and other team mates were too scared of Incognito to offer support or assistance. Ingocgnito is a Loser, with a capital L. He should go. Or more of these offenses will occur. A Loser is a Loser. Team should cut its losses & get rid of the wild card.

    Incognito can go home, look in the mirror, and bully himself all day if he wants. He'll have plenty of time for that, since he'll be unemployed.
    People talk **** all the time. Smartest thing in the world? No. But so far ALL of his teammates have supported Incognito. Funny, innit. Now...I know...all the sensitive types out there are just really really really really sad about all this. Funny thing is...most of the people wailing and caterwauling about this incident couldnt give a damn about football. Its just another cause.

  2. #92
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,925

    Re: Incognito- what should the punishment be?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    "Hell of a situation we got here. Two on, two out, your team down by one in the ninth. You got a chance to be a hero on national television... if you don't blow it. By the way, saw your wife last night, hell of a dancer, you must be very, very proud. I mean that guy she was with, I'm sure he's a close personal friend and all. But tell me, what was he doing wearing her panties on his head."
    [Rexman pops the ball straight up]
    "Uh-oh, Rexy, I don't think this one's got the distance."
    Man that was a good scene. So right too. When I was playing football in school we talked smack all the time. It brings back some good memories. Thnx.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  3. #93
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,925

    Re: Incognito- what should the punishment be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    So guys in the business world regularly threaten to kill each other, assault each other's mothers, and express a desire to defecate in their fellow vice president's mouth? Do you have some examples of this? Oh, and if you could throw in an example or two of them calling each other a 'half-n****r', that would help bolster your argument.
    Hockey? Duh. Soccer. Basketball. Basically any sport were both teams are on the field at the same time interacting. You ever actually watch professional basketball? It can get violent, those boys don't play nice.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    Re: Incognito- what should the punishment be?

    An "honorary black man" is supposedly one who makes death threats and terrorizes people. Good stuff conservatives. Glad to see you guys in support of criminal thuggery.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #95
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Incognito- what should the punishment be?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    from the expert on the subjects you mentioned..
    Do as I say not as I do, the message from your Toronto Limbaugh druggie
    Now, if I was a whiny ass liberal, no names needed, right? - I'd rush to report you for calling me a "druggie", but then I remember that liberals can't debate unless they fling personal insults.

    Carry on Misses.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #96
    Sage
    JumpinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-12-17 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,628

    Re: Incognito- what should the punishment be?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    People talk **** all the time. Smartest thing in the world? No. But so far ALL of his teammates have supported Incognito. Funny, innit. Now...I know...all the sensitive types out there are just really really really really sad about all this. Funny thing is...most of the people wailing and caterwauling about this incident couldnt give a damn about football. Its just another cause.
    Everyone should be concerned about bullying and doing harm to others. Even if it's a football player. They are not above it all. In fact, they are role models. This is an adult male. Not a high school jerk. He obviously has a problem, having been fired before for his behavior.

    Talking tough is one thing. Bullying, throwing things at people, shouting, threatening to kill people...these are not normal behaviors for an adult. Something is wrong with him. The team should cut its losses and get rid of the Loser. People thought that Hernandez was just a tough guy, that others were sissies for being critical of him. Where are his pals now, now that he's murdered someone?

    Ask any leading, star of a sport, and they will tell you: No, this is not the sort of behavior that helps the game, that helps the team and the teamwork, or that is indicative of successful people in the sport. (In other words, the guy is a LOSER.)

  7. #97
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Incognito- what should the punishment be?

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    Everyone should be concerned about bullying and doing harm to others. Even if it's a football player. They are not above it all. In fact, they are role models. This is an adult male. Not a high school jerk. He obviously has a problem, having been fired before for his behavior.

    Talking tough is one thing. Bullying, throwing things at people, shouting, threatening to kill people...these are not normal behaviors for an adult. Something is wrong with him. The team should cut its losses and get rid of the Loser. People thought that Hernandez was just a tough guy, that others were sissies for being critical of him. Where are his pals now, now that he's murdered someone?

    Ask any leading, star of a sport, and they will tell you: No, this is not the sort of behavior that helps the game, that helps the team and the teamwork, or that is indicative of successful people in the sport. (In other words, the guy is a LOSER.)
    This was TWO adult males...two football players. If you read the FACTS around the case there is a whole lot more going on in Martins dome. His teammates...the people that see it daily...they have a different perspective. People that have played understand that this is commonplace. That so many players, former players, and current teammates rally around the guy that is supposed to be such a 'bad seed' SHOULD speak volumes. Unfortunately...this is a 'cause' and nothing more, so.......

  8. #98
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    Re: Incognito- what should the punishment be?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    This was TWO adult males...two football players. If you read the FACTS around the case there is a whole lot more going on in Martins dome. His teammates...the people that see it daily...they have a different perspective. People that have played understand that this is commonplace. That so many players, former players, and current teammates rally around the guy that is supposed to be such a 'bad seed' SHOULD speak volumes. Unfortunately...this is a 'cause' and nothing more, so.......
    Just so I know, do you believe Incognito is criminally liable for making death threats?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #99
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,691

    Re: Incognito- what should the punishment be?

    New information might suggest that Richie Incognito has had issues beyond the matter concerning Jonathan Martin.

    From ESPN:

    Recently suspended offensive lineman Richie Incognito was investigated last year for harassing a volunteer at the Miami Dolphins' annual golf tournament by allegedly molesting her with a golf club, according to Aventura, Fla., police.

    Police report filed against Richie Incognito for alleged molestation in 2012, but no charges - ESPN

    If this report is accurate and the incident in question did occur (regardless of whether it rose to the level where a criminal act was committed), this would suggest that Incognito has a problem and his conduct warrants a potentially significant response from the NFL.

  10. #100
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Incognito- what should the punishment be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Just so I know, do you believe Incognito is criminally liable for making death threats?
    I read the transcripts of the audiotape...did you (and BTW...so did everyone else in the locker room. It had been discussed as a joke by Martin and numerous players)? Did that REALLY sound like a death threat? Because...MOST death threats probably dont contain the line "you are a still a rookie to me...I'll kill you." So...lets be VERY clear, and just so I know...do YOU believe Richie Incognito was threatening to and intended to actually kill Martin? That should be a simple enough question to answer.

    Is he 'criminally liable'? If Martin files a complaint then yes...he would be on record as making what amounts to a 'terrorist threat' and there would be grounds for a criminal complaint. Now...your turn. DO you honestly believe that Richie Incognito was planning on killing Martin?
    Last edited by VanceMack; 11-08-13 at 12:44 PM.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •