View Poll Results: Would You Support Militarizing The Mexican Border?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    60 43.80%
  • Some Measures

    22 16.06%
  • No

    55 40.15%
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 280

Thread: Would You Support Militarizing The Border With Mexico?

  1. #1
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,165

    Would You Support Militarizing The Border With Mexico?

    Why does no one ever propose this? Replace Homeland Security (or whoever guards the Southern border) and ICE with the National Guard or the Army; all new recruits would be required to protect the border for a period of time. Fortify and secure the border and no one would even think of crossing because even if they get over that wall they will have guns pointing at them from the other side. It worked well for Austria until they joined the Schengen area. I'm not just talking about building a taller wall but complete militarization of the border. It solves your illegal immigration issue for sure and will greatly reduce trafficking of all kinds across the border. What do you Americans think especially those who live near the border?

  2. #2
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Would You Support Militarizing The Border With Mexico?

    Be tricky; not sure exactly how Posse Comitatus might apply.



    Might get messy too. Military is for killing people and breaking stuff.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  3. #3
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Would You Support Militarizing The Border With Mexico?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Why does no one ever propose this? Replace Homeland Security (or whoever guards the Southern border) and ICE with the National Guard or the Army; all new recruits would be required to protect the border for a period of time. Fortify and secure the border and no one would even think of crossing because even if they get over that wall they will have guns pointing at them from the other side. It worked well for Austria until they joined the Schengen area. I'm not just talking about building a taller wall but complete militarization of the border. It solves your illegal immigration issue for sure and will greatly reduce trafficking of all kinds across the border. What do you Americans think especially those who live near the border?
    This comes up in Congress every year.

  4. #4
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Would You Support Militarizing The Border With Mexico?

    Na. Ill rather not look like the Berlin Wall.


  5. #5
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,105

    Re: Would You Support Militarizing The Border With Mexico?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Be tricky; not sure exactly how Posse Comitatus might apply.



    Might get messy too. Military is for killing people and breaking stuff.
    Could use the National Guard. Be in conjunction with their monthly training.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  6. #6
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Would You Support Militarizing The Border With Mexico?

    A fence, enforcing our current laws and arresting any Americans who employ illegal immigrants would probably suffice. The military is not necessary.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Would You Support Militarizing The Border With Mexico?

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    Could use the National Guard. Be in conjunction with their monthly training.


    I suppose that would pass the legal smell test, since the NG is often used to keep order after disasters... but I'd be opposed if they deployed them without weapons or with unloaded ones, like they did after a couple hurricanes...

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  8. #8
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,105

    Re: Would You Support Militarizing The Border With Mexico?

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    A fence, enforcing our current laws and arresting any Americans who employ illegal immigrants would probably suffice. The military is not necessary.
    This kinda fence?

    Would You Support Militarizing The Border With Mexico?-fence-rye-u002525286-u00252529-jpg

    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Would You Support Militarizing The Border With Mexico?

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    Could use the National Guard. Be in conjunction with their monthly training.
    They have already done this.

  10. #10
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,105

    Re: Would You Support Militarizing The Border With Mexico?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I suppose that would pass the legal smell test, since the NG is often used to keep order after disasters... but I'd be opposed if they deployed them without weapons or with unloaded ones, like they did after a couple hurricanes...
    They can have whistles and mace.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •