View Poll Results: What Happened Here?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Did Obama purposely mislead people about keeping your insurance?

    40 71.43%
  • Was it an honest misstatement?

    3 5.36%
  • Was more implied and the description over simplified?

    10 17.86%
  • None of the above.

    3 5.36%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Keeping Insurance: Did Obama Purposely Mislead

  1. #31
    Sage
    JumpinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-12-17 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,628

    Re: Keeping Insurance: Did Obama Purposely Mislead

    [QUOTE=SBu;1062515237]Let me parse this up so I can try to respond coherently haha.


    Eh, typical partisan nut job pot shots. To be expected.

    Well, I don't want to get into an argument, here, but I would point out that, contrary to "partisanship," I am anything but. As I said, I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican. I also didn't vote for Clinton the first time. I was no huge fan of Clinton's either, except for his political skill and brilliant mind. But policy-wise, no.

    This is hard for partisans to understand. That not everyone is an either-or, and that there are both good and bad things about BOTH of the major parties. It is a matter of fact that Republicans openly accused Hillary Clinton of having someone murdered. If you Google it, you will find that some still believe that. Really wacko stuff.

    Equally wacko are conspiracy theories about Bush...that he and Cheney planned the 9/11 attacks that killed thousands of people. Wacko stuff. On both sides.

    However, I will say that the latter theories were rare and really among unheard of wackos, while the Clinton murder theories were much more widespread and were spread by Republicans in some leadership positions. Just like now....the wacko Kenya birther theories are present among Republican Party leaders and elected officials.

    Just an observation from an observer who is in neither camp. But it's hard for those in one camp or the other to accept cricitisms of their own camps. Those expressing critical observations MUST be on the other side! (not)

  2. #32
    Professor
    SBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    01-18-16 @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,523

    Re: Keeping Insurance: Did Obama Purposely Mislead

    [QUOTE=JumpinJack;1062517086]
    Quote Originally Posted by SBu View Post
    Let me parse this up so I can try to respond coherently haha.





    Well, I don't want to get into an argument, here, but I would point out that, contrary to "partisanship," I am anything but. As I said, I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican. I also didn't vote for Clinton the first time. I was no huge fan of Clinton's either, except for his political skill and brilliant mind. But policy-wise, no.

    This is hard for partisans to understand. That not everyone is an either-or, and that there are both good and bad things about BOTH of the major parties. It is a matter of fact that Republicans openly accused Hillary Clinton of having someone murdered. If you Google it, you will find that some still believe that. Really wacko stuff.

    Equally wacko are conspiracy theories about Bush...that he and Cheney planned the 9/11 attacks that killed thousands of people. Wacko stuff. On both sides.

    However, I will say that the latter theories were rare and really among unheard of wackos, while the Clinton murder theories were much more widespread and were spread by Republicans in some leadership positions. Just like now....the wacko Kenya birther theories are present among Republican Party leaders and elected officials.

    Just an observation from an observer who is in neither camp. But it's hard for those in one camp or the other to accept cricitisms of their own camps. Those expressing critical observations MUST be on the other side! (not)
    We don't have much to disagree on with respect to this post. Bottom line, crazies on both sides generally and in Congress. I'll look up that Clinton thing. This is the first time I've heard about it (I was in elementary/middle school during the Clinton years). Must not have been terribly wide spread because I'm sure I would have heard of that at some point.

  3. #33
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,189

    Re: Keeping Insurance: Did Obama Purposely Mislead

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Obama denies videotaped "you can keep it" promises | The Daily Caller

    In this article Obama is trying to say more was implied with the healthcare reform and that what he really said was something else.
    Is this being disingenuous and back peddling, reasonable explanation or simply dishonest?
    Nobody with half a brain believes a word out of the President's mouth - but you can be damn sure that Axelrod, Jarrett, etal, had the line poll tested every which way and knew it was a winner even if those in the know knew it was a blatant lie. The slogan was more important than the truth - it's what Obama lives by.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  4. #34
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Keeping Insurance: Did Obama Purposely Mislead

    I think Jay Leno put it best

    JAY LENO: President Obama saw Gravity today-- not the film, his poll numbers. Not good. Latest polls show president Obama's approval rating down to 39 percent, and Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's approval rating went up to 49 percent. How does this make Obama feel? He'd been better off smoking crack than passing ObamaCare. It would've been up 10 points. It would've been 10 points higher.

    Have you noticed the president backtracking a little bit on this whole deal? Like at a fundraiser earlier this week, President Obama said, no, no, no, what he promised was that you could keep your health care plan if it hasn't changed since the law had passed. You know, he's such a good speaker, he almost believed it himself. And then his pants caught fire. That's when I knew, when I saw, when the pants caught fire.
    FREEDOM EDEN: Leno: Obama, ObamaCare Jokes, November 6, 2013

    Obama and his democrat thugs lied about a junk bill that they knew was toxic from the get go.

  5. #35
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Keeping Insurance: Did Obama Purposely Mislead

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    It always matters, even if we feel impotent to effect change. I don't trust most people, more less promise making politicians.
    I don't see that it does. I really don't see a way for this country to reverse it's death spiral at this point.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,336

    Re: Keeping Insurance: Did Obama Purposely Mislead

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    I'm not the thought police. If you're wrong you're wrong. We can't trust what he says even if it was an honest mistake.
    It is difficult to use the word honest in any paragraph concerning the president.

  7. #37
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Keeping Insurance: Did Obama Purposely Mislead

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    I don't see that it does. I really don't see a way for this country to reverse it's death spiral at this point.
    Sometimes the "death sentence" is greatly exaggerated. Americans have survived many wars and changes and humans have survived ice ages and other cataclysms.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  8. #38
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Keeping Insurance: Did Obama Purposely Mislead

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Sometimes the "death sentence" is greatly exaggerated. Americans have survived many wars and changes and humans have survived ice ages and other cataclysms.
    Idk man. We are right at the time frame when most empires fail. We're due.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  9. #39
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Keeping Insurance: Did Obama Purposely Mislead

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Idk man. We are right at the time frame when most empires fail. We're due.
    Yeah, you're correct about the historic time frame of how great civilizations seem to become corrupt and fall from within. I hope, I don't see it in my lifetime but I can't believe how much things have changed just in the past 12-17 years. And much of it is good in the form of conveniences, wealth and technology but a lot of it is also a loss of the simple ways and values, that are invaluable in maintaining our priorities that lead to a foundation for social cohesion.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  10. #40
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,097
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Keeping Insurance: Did Obama Purposely Mislead

    Obama purposely mislead the American people.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •