View Poll Results: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    46 90.20%
  • No

    5 9.80%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 114

Thread: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

  1. #81
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    I was reading this article on CBC form their Washington correspondent and I found it rather interesting. It talks about Obamacare and Obama saying if you like your policy you can keep it. People are complaining that their old policies are being cancelled by Obamacare because they are substandard, while the reason they are substandard is that they are crap and provide no real protection from healthcare costs.

    THis quote illustatres the point very nicely:




    All Obamacare does is prevent people from being screwed by insurance companies because then everyone else has to pick up the tab. He goes on to say how is it different than requiring car insurance or banks having to have insurance to protect themselves form bad loans. After all the banks chose to finance sub-prime mortgages it is their fault, but we ended up having to pay for it the end same happens with healthcare.
    Leaving any opposition or support of the ACA out and simply asking "Do we have a right to buy crap?" I think the answer is yes. Lets use a more generic model for the crap to get emotion-based politics out of it like a brand new but piece of crap car as our "crap" model.

    This car looks nice on the outside, but to be honest its junk. I don't think anyone would intentionally want to buy crap if they had a choice. However things like unfair monopolies, maybe other options being cost prohibitive, being stuck in a poor credit cycle, young and naive (been there,) and even females reported are charged more for identical cars than any other demographic if they show up without a male companion. Enter the government to offer consumer protections. Some people support that. My state has lemon laws that allow people to return cars for a full refund if they have chronic mechanical problems. Lack of warranty sales must be clearly disclosed. That said, I think the private sector consumer protection services, although not identical in what they provide, offer greater benefits in many cases.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  2. #82
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,400

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    You have that backwards. The whole purpose of liberal policies is to place the burden of your failure to accept responsibility for your actions on someone else. That includes Obamacare.
    That's ridiculous, the ACA includes a mandate that everyone must carry health insurance. A mandate that you hate because?

  3. #83
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    That's ridiculous, the ACA includes a mandate that everyone must carry health insurance. A mandate that you hate because?
    As has been expressed ad infinitum, the mandate part.

  4. #84
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    The fact is that Obamacare is the biggest CRAP of all.

  5. #85
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    As has been expressed ad infinitum, the mandate part
    .



    To get insurance costs down everyone (Including the very healthy.) must have health insurance.

  6. #86
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    So you don't understand how bad policies that don't pay cost the rest of us money? That is not very smart is it?
    I count five questions in my post - none of which you can, or will answer; so why should I answer your puerile misrepresentation of them?
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  7. #87
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by 274ina View Post
    You say that untill your kid loses both kidneys and dies because of the milk mans profits. (like happened in China- unlimited capitalism paradise)
    Notwithstanding China is a communist nation, this isn't China (at least it isn't yet).
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  8. #88
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    LOL You are defending bankers. Bankers that have already paid billions in fines for their unscrupulous actions. Why do you think they are just folding and paying the fines without appeal? Are they stupid too?
    Have you ever asked yourself what would prompt someone in the business of lending money to lend money to someone they knew couldn't repay it?
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  9. #89
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    To get insurance costs down everyone (Including the very healthy.) must have health insurance.
    All of that has been debated here over and over again, and some agree while others disagree with you. My response was to iguanaman's question which was a rehash of so many threads.

  10. #90
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    That's ridiculous, the ACA includes a mandate that everyone must carry health insurance. A mandate that you hate because?
    What part of mandate don't you understand?
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •