View Poll Results: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    46 90.20%
  • No

    5 9.80%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 114

Thread: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

  1. #71
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,382

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    What I find tragic (I can't use your word "funny" because it's anything but) is that it seems to have escaped you how "those Wall Street Bankers" were saddled with so many bad mortgages in the first place.

    Your premise is that a bunch of intelligent people, allowed themselves to get saddled with a bunch of extremely bad mortgages - mortgages that were bad because they violated their own principles, the most fundamental principles of lending, lending to people they knew did not remotely qualify for such loans, but they went ahead and did it anyway, thinking it was somehow a good idea?

    Such a premise defies even the most basic logic.

    Have you ever asked yourself what would prompt someone in the business of lending money to lend money to someone they knew couldn't repay it?
    LOL You are defending bankers. Bankers that have already paid billions in fines for their unscrupulous actions. Why do you think they are just folding and paying the fines without appeal? Are they stupid too?

  2. #72
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,382

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    It is way better to be screwed by the government, where I do not have a choice, than by an insurance company, where I do have a choice.

    Leave me to make my own decisions, and I will accept the consequences, So far, the most overbudget cluster**k and most incompetant insurance available is Obamacare, and it is not in effect as of yet.
    How brave of you to accept the consequences of your actions. Except that going bankrupt and not paying you medical bills does not fix anything. It just moves the expense on to the rest of us.

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,382

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    Who gets to define what's "stupid?" The "smart" people?
    Who gets to define what's "hurtful to you?" The people "who care for you?"

    If I were to suggest that we wielded government to prevent people from voting for liberals - because in my humble opinion I think I'm smart and because I care about all of us, that voting for liberals would be stupid and would hurt the rest of us because liberalism is about as crappy a product as ever existed - how would you respond? And understand, I'm not being remotely facetious here. The premises underpinning what you're promoting are precisely the same.

    If I were to suggest that we wielded government to prevent people from posting the sort of crap being promoted in this thread and many others like it, because imho it's stupid (and because I think myself smart) and hurts the rest of us - how would you respond to that?

    Precisely what is it about "government" that you think makes it smarter than the rest of us that we may presume to wield it in the manner you're suggesting?
    So you don't understand how bad policies that don't pay cost the rest of us money? That is not very smart is it?

  4. #74
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,355

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    How brave of you to accept the consequences of your actions. Except that going bankrupt and not paying you medical bills does not fix anything. It just moves the expense on to the rest of us.
    You have that backwards. The whole purpose of liberal policies is to place the burden of your failure to accept responsibility for your actions on someone else. That includes Obamacare.

  5. #75
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,295

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Let us just get to single payer now and get it over with.

  6. #76
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,669

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    How brave of you to accept the consequences of your actions. Except that going bankrupt and not paying you medical bills does not fix anything. It just moves the expense on to the rest of us.
    So it is somehow better to add 15% to 20% "private" insurance overhead to that amount?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #77
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    What the "scheme" requires besides GDP growth is growth in wages across the board, not like it's been under the supply side BS of the last 30 years. The incredible wage growth of the 1% is unsustainable anyway, and taxing some of that away is not going to hurt anything. The good news is that you will still have a place here in a growing middle class again. That might not be true in the archaic world you envision.
    Yes, I understand the Progressive Meme is life as we know it began to dissolve immediately after Ronald Reagan first took the oath of office. Such a tired and intellecually dishonest bit of Progressive Machine BS.

    The incredible wage growth in a small percentage of people is a direct approach to actions brought forth through labor actions that began in the late '50's, and regulatory incrementalism. When the massive public employee pension plans along with private 401k type plans began to dictate returns on investment through their dominating positions in hedge funds, big publicly traded corporations had no choice but to push profits harder. The combination of regulatory incrementalism, and demand for profits pushed jobs offshore.

    The Progressive Machine has no interest in the middle class, that's just the carrot used to keep the indoctrinated interested in the machines shiney objects, and not their results.

    All a person has to do to see what is really going on with Progressivism is to look at California over the last 15 years. It will take 2 - 3 generations to fix the damage.

    How is it possible to have a state with everything California has going for it, and end up with the highest state taxes in the country, one third of the nations welfare cases, and among the highest unemployment of any state in the Country?

    Well, just put Progressives in charge.

  8. #78
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    Apparently we DO have a right to buy crap - in this case, ideological crap. And fwiw, I totally support your right to buy it.
    You say that untill your kid loses both kidneys and dies because of the milk mans profits. (like happened in China- unlimited capitalism paradise)
    Free Trade Doesn't Work: What Should Replace It and Why,
    Ian Fletcher

    https://www.numbersusa.org/

  9. #79
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    The question really doesn't apply to healthcare because if you do buy a crap policy and then need care that you're not covered for and can't afford you go to the ER, which by law can't turn you away, and someone else - taxpayers, owners of the hospital - pay for your care, and ER's are a horribly expensive way to dispense healthcare. If you want to do away with that requirement then I'm good with it. Buy a policy that doesn't meet your needs and live with the consequences. Otherwise I don't have a huge problem with mandating minimum standards for health insurance.

    Doesn't necessarily mean I agree with Obamacare btw. I really don't. In the case of Obamacare the point of the minimum standards are more to artifically inflate the policyholder pool to spread costs around to people who aren't liable to use particular coverages and thus subsidize the cost for other policyholders.
    How many times are people going to repeat the same misinformation about ER visits? The ER can, and does turn people away. If it's not classed a medical emergency and you can't pay - you can be (and often are) turned away. This lie that the ER is some sort of catchall has got to stop.

  10. #80
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Is this bull**** thread still going on? The administration lied about being able to keep your insurance and now their cover response is "well...so what if we lied, the policies that are being cancelled were all crap anyway"...which is...bull****. Any excuse, anything to cover the lie. Toss it out there and the muppets will spread the gospel.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •