View Poll Results: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    46 90.20%
  • No

    5 9.80%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 114

Thread: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

  1. #51
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    And why is it that some see "slippery slopes" where there are none? Not going bankrupt because you get sick is not Govt. interference it is govt. doing its job. Who do you think pays those medical bills when someone declares bankruptcy?
    The better question is, why is it that some who are sliding down the slope, still think they are on level ground?

    Think about it. Should there be a financial means test for people who chose to wander out in public? I mean what happens if they do something that causes harm to ohers? If they get sued and can't pay, and then declare bankruptcy, who pays? Should the government step in and demand people carry personal liability insurance if they chose to go out in public?

    The slope you're ignoring is getting steeper and steeper, and it seems clear there are people counting on you not noticing.

  2. #52
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Lots of idiots on this poll I see.

    you have no right to buy (and therefore sell):

    diseased meatí
    unpasteurized milk
    bad liquor
    use lead in soldier
    Use human waste on food crops (just looking at the 101 worms you can get makes your skin crawl)
    Put Cocaine in food or drink.
    or any other deadly product.


    Of course the GOP types jsut want to kill everyone and profit form these kinds of things...........
    Free Trade Doesn't Work: What Should Replace It and Why,
    Ian Fletcher

    https://www.numbersusa.org/

  3. #53
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,363

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    The better question is, why is it that some who are sliding down the slope, still think they are on level ground?

    Think about it. Should there be a financial means test for people who chose to wander out in public? I mean what happens if they do something that causes harm to ohers? If they get sued and can't pay, and then declare bankruptcy, who pays? Should the government step in and demand people carry personal liability insurance if they chose to go out in public?

    The slope you're ignoring is getting steeper and steeper, and it seems clear there are people counting on you not noticing.
    There is no law requiring the Govt. to pay lawsuits so I don't see your point. There is a law requiring hospitals to treat the sick or injured though.
    There is no slope. There is just the same security that Americans have in their old age, and the same that most all western nations already have for their citizens. It's like you don't know about our trajectory since WWII. How can anybody live is such a vacuum? You need to get out more.
    Last edited by iguanaman; 11-06-13 at 04:01 PM.

  4. #54
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    There is no law requiring the Govt. to pay lawsuits so I don't see your point. There is a law requiring hospitals to treat the sick or injured though.
    There is no slope. There is just the same security that Americans have in their old age, and the same that most all western nations already have for their citizens. It's like you don't know about our trajectory since WWII. How can anybody live is such a vacuum? You need to get out more.
    Of course you can't see the point. It's above the slippery slope your on.

    The trajectory you're rooting for is failing from the ignorance trying to support it. Numbers don't lie.

    That's all right though, as the evidence shows, solutions are not a liberal strength. Too much dependance on others to achieve.

  5. #55
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,363

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Of course you can't see the point. It's above the slippery slope your on.

    The trajectory you're rooting for is failing from the ignorance trying to support it. Numbers don't lie.

    That's all right though, as the evidence shows, solutions are not a liberal strength. Too much dependance on others to achieve.
    LOL We just installed another plank from FDR's New Bill of Rights to go alongside Social Security and Medicare so I would say that progressives are doing just fine with solutions. Your side can go along happy or kicking and screaming into the future. It is up to you. The end will be the same.

  6. #56
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    LOL We just installed another plank from FDR's New Bill of Rights to go alongside Social Security and Medicare so I would say that progressives are doing just fine with solutions. Your side can go along happy or kicking and screaming into the future. It is up to you. The end will be the same.
    Oh sure they are. LOL.

    Hey, at one point you folks managed to change the Constitution and ban alcohol. Your solutions have been epic.

    California is certainly providing everyone a chance to see how you do things when you control the whole enchilada.

    Should we review the Progressives accomplishments over the last 15 year in California?

    Hey, your biggest problem is your scheme requires the rich to stay rich, and get richer. Of course your obession with trying to remove their wealth creates a bit of a long term strategy challenge in that area.

    Too funny.

  7. #57
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,363

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Oh sure they are. LOL.

    Hey, at one point you folks managed to change the Constitution and ban alcohol. Your solutions have been epic.

    California is certainly providing everyone a chance to see how you do things when you control the whole enchilada.

    Should we review the Progressives accomplishments over the last 15 year in California?

    Hey, your biggest problem is your scheme requires the rich to stay rich, and get richer. Of course your obession with trying to remove their wealth creates a bit of a long term strategy challenge in that area.

    Too funny.
    What the "scheme" requires besides GDP growth is growth in wages across the board, not like it's been under the supply side BS of the last 30 years. The incredible wage growth of the 1% is unsustainable anyway, and taxing some of that away is not going to hurt anything. The good news is that you will still have a place here in a growing middle class again. That might not be true in the archaic world you envision.

  8. #58
    Sage
    JumpinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-12-17 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,628

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    I was reading this article on CBC form their Washington correspondent and I found it rather interesting. It talks about Obamacare and Obama saying if you like your policy you can keep it. People are complaining that their old policies are being cancelled by Obamacare because they are substandard, while the reason they are substandard is that they are crap and provide no real protection from healthcare costs.

    THis quote illustatres the point very nicely:




    All Obamacare does is prevent people from being screwed by insurance companies because then everyone else has to pick up the tab. He goes on to say how is it different than requiring car insurance or banks having to have insurance to protect themselves form bad loans. After all the banks chose to finance sub-prime mortgages it is their fault, but we ended up having to pay for it the end same happens with healthcare.
    The policy I can buy at $318/month (Blue Cross Saver plan) for 2013 is NOT crap. The cheapest PPO plan I can buy for 2014 is $515/month (Blue Cross) is, IMO, crap. That's because it provides no coverage until I fork over $6,000 in deductible, for an exorbitant amount. A catastrophic plan is fine. But that warrants a catastrophic PRICE.

    It is NOT TRUE that the plans that people bought for less money were crap or substandard. It's simply not true. That's what the administration is trying to convince everyone of. People who haven't checked out specific plans will fall for that nonsense. Those of us who had such plans know better.

    The reason the admin didn't want everyone going onto healthcare.gov without creating an account and applying for a subsidy FIRST is to try to hide the costs of the new plans. On every page, while browsing the plans, there is a message at the time in bold font something like, "THE PRICES YOU SEE FOR THE PREMIUMS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY QUALIFY FOR A SUBSIDY OR TAX CREDIT, WHICH WILL MAKE THE PREMIUMS LOWER." The reason for that statement? They KNEW the policies were SIGNIFICANTLY higher for millions.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Just hope they don't find you obsolete at some point and cancel you for a better version available represented by some other citizen.

  10. #60
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?

    "Do You Have A Right To Buy Crap?"

    Yes, I absolutely do have a right to buy what you think is crap. Because I am not you. Maybe I would be better, smarter, prettier etc if I were you, but I am not. Just didn't happen, my rotten luck. I am someone else. And I have the right - and the duty, actually - to decide for myself what I buy, what I say, what I do, and how I live. Is it a concept to arcane to comprehend?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •