View Poll Results: Which one is the most dishonest active politician?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • President Obama

    38 44.71%
  • Joe Biden

    0 0%
  • John Boehner

    7 8.24%
  • Harry Reid

    7 8.24%
  • Nancy Peloisi

    2 2.35%
  • Mitch McConnell

    2 2.35%
  • Governor Christie

    1 1.18%
  • Rand Paul

    2 2.35%
  • Ted Cruz

    12 14.12%
  • OTHER

    14 16.47%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 123

Thread: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

  1. #111
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Yes, and children always do as their fathers do Mussolini denounced socialism and started something that is close to the opposite of socialism, fascism. Do not get me wrong, fascist and communist dictators are about the same thing when it comes to the misdeeds they do but the do it out of 2 differing ideologies. Fascism is the ideology of right wing policies jumbled together with some left wing political elements in order to form a totalitarian, ultra-nationalist, anti-democratic, highly militaristic order which revels in anti revolutionary tactics like war, inequality, superiority principle of certain individuals, violence and worship of the state. Fascist are known as the opposite end of the spectrum towards communism.

    Hitler might have used populist policies that communists often also use as a lure for the poor of Germany to rally around him, his policies have been shown to be the opposite of communism.

    But as said, revisionist right wing individuals are not too happy with the filth at their end of the political spectrum and try to revise it so that it is the fault of the leftists (like they do with just about everything else in the universe that is not approved by them) instead of realizing that this filth of fascism and nazi might be right wing but that it has nothing to do with right wing policies as a whole. Own your black sheep (the nazi's and fascist) just like we of the left have to own our black sheep (the commies and their decades of terror and death) and be happy that we are no longer like that.

    Someone from the right should feel sad that one time there was an extreme right but also be aware that it has nothing to do with a democratic right wing person of the here and now. You have no responsibility for the dark history that fascists and nazi perpetrated in the name of right wing ideology, it has nothing to do with right wing people of today. Learn from the mistakes of the past and move forward into a brighter future for right wing and conservative politics. And the same goes for left wing people, we should feel sad that there once was communism like Stalin and Mao etc. perpetrated but also be aware that it has nothing to do with democratic left wing person of the here and now. We have no responsibility for the dark history that communists perpetrated in the name of left wing ideology, it has nothing to do with left wing people of today. Learn from the mistakes of the past and move forward into a brighter future in the name of left wing and progressive politics.
    Peter, you are going to have to be a lot more specific than just throwing the word "filth" over in our, the conservative's, direction. Maybe over there, on your side of the Atlantic, right wing might be what your vision is of what you are talking about, though I doubt that.

    The "filth" is all leftist styled filth. Without trying to be overly simplistic, the main difference between a Stalin and a Mussolini or Hitler/Schicklgruber, would be the internationalism of communism originating from Moscow versus the nationalism of the Italian Fascist and the Germanic Fascist/Nazi. All three had the state in a supreme role, not at all like the individualism of rights as promoted by the Classical Liberalism of our founding fathers/framers, the conservatism to which we harken back and which has continuously been upheld by the American right.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  2. #112
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You might want to read some original works by Mussolini. He was the "father" of modern fascism, and he stated that fascism is completely opposed to socialism and liberalism. Apparently YOU didn't know this particular fact. Here are some quotes from The Doctrine of Fascism by Benito Mussolini:

    "Fascism is therefore opposed to Socialism"
    "Fascism is definitely and absolutely opposed to the doctrines of liberalism, both in the political and economic sphere."
    "The Fascist negation of socialism, democracy, liberalism"

    Mussolini* - THE DOCTRINE OF FASCISM

    I always enjoy watching right wingers attempt to paint fascism as a left wing ideology... and have that erroneous belief blown apart by the guy who developed the ideology in the 20th Century.
    As always, nice try (sic) there Cap'n.

    You can avoid it all you want, but Fascism [ you can read my recent posts to others ] most definitely comes out of the left, not the right. So strain or contort as much as you may desire, facts are facts, history is there to be referenced. Beware of the mental hernia from pushing too hard.

    The main reason that the Fascists/Nazis hated the Communists so much is that they were trying to recruit from basically the same base of the ideologically lost/stupid... both wanting to remake man, the "New Man", the incessant liberal vision, the constant mantra, for achieving their idea of a utopia here on earth.

    Yes, they were against, diametrically opposed to [Classical] liberalism, the idea of individual rights, free markets, the idea of limited government. Certainly.

    Right wing/conservatism in the United States, and that is what we are referencing here, is all about democracy, principally the representative style of democracy, republicanism, as proposed/practiced by our founders/framers.

    Please know your terms so as not to keep stepping on your own arguments.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  3. #113
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    As always, nice try (sic) there Cap'n.
    And, as usual, you failed... so you attempt to place an e-smirk on your face to hide this failure.

    You can avoid it all you want, but Fascism [ you can read my recent posts to others ] most definitely comes out of the left, not the right. So strain or contort as much as you may desire, facts are facts, history is there to be referenced. Beware of the mental hernia from pushing too hard.
    Facts are facts. And facts are precisely what I posted... from Mussolini himself. I never stated that Mussolini's fascism came from the right. What I claimed was that Mussolini's fascism was anti-liberal and anti-socialist. It was, just as he stated. So, as usual, your mental gymnastics to attempt to be correct fall flat.

    The main reason that the Fascists/Nazis hated the Communists so much is that they were trying to recruit from basically the same base of the ideologically lost/stupid... both wanting to remake man, the "New Man", the incessant liberal vision, the constant mantra, for achieving their idea of a utopia here on earth.
    Actually, the main reason the Fascists/ Nazis hated the Communists was because in pure communism, there is no hierarchy; in fascism few have the power over the many. This is such a basic distinction, I am surprised that you didn't know it.

    Yes, they were against, diametrically opposed to [Classical] liberalism, the idea of individual rights, free markets, the idea of limited government. Certainly.
    They were diametrically opposed to democracy, liberalism, and socialism. Mussolini said it himself. Just because you refuse to acknowledge it doesn't make it any less true.

    Right wing/conservatism in the United States, and that is what we are referencing here, is all about democracy, principally the representative style of democracy, republicanism, as proposed/practiced by our founders/framers.
    Our founders practiced a variety of philosophies ranging from the liberal to the conservative. Only someone who reads history with blinders on would not see that.

    Please know your terms so as not to keep stepping on your own arguments.
    Well, since you did absolutely nothing to refute a word I said (typical of you), I would suggest that you go back and read up on fascism and nazism so you have a better understanding of things. That way, I won't have to correct you... as I always do.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #114
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:41 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,231

    Re: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Naming is more marketing than anything else. The "Democratic People's Republic of Korea" (North Korea) is hardly democratic nor a 'people's' government, regardless what the name says.
    True. And I like what you say there as a general rule. But in the case of the Nazis they did install systems to benefit the laborers, control prices, rents, medical care and so forth. They aimed for an egalitarian society under the Party, though, they were realistic enough to know they could not rock the boat before winning the war. Luckily for Quandt, Flick etc they did not win and went on to bring us BMW and Mercedes.

  5. #115
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And, as usual, you failed... so you attempt to place an e-smirk on your face to hide this failure. Truly, the only failures are those pronouncing them in others without this being so. I won't, and cannot, take those failures away from you Cap'n, this is what you do, always do, anyhow. But does start getting tired and haggard rather quickly. Makes it rather a drudge for which I can only waste so much of my time. This is it.

    Facts are facts. And facts are precisely what I posted... from Mussolini himself. I never stated that Mussolini's fascism came from the right. What I claimed was that Mussolini's fascism was anti-liberal and anti-socialist. It was, just as he stated. So, as usual, your mental gymnastics to attempt to be correct fall flat. First of all, you were countering what I said which was exactly that Fascism comes from the left. And, just like Obama saying "If you want to keep your health care plan, you can keep it. Period", you cannot, should not, believe what those from the left tell you... they are not, in fact, facts... but often carefully manipulated lies. Obama also tries to say he is not a Socialist and yet in almost every action, including the lying, shows himself to be a major redistributionist.

    Did you actually read what Mussolini said, by the way... or just take someone's word for it? You do not see the obvious statist, stated anti-individual rights stance which in the first instance all limited-government conservatism fights so constantly against, the later sentiment regarding individual rights being just what right wing conservatives fight so hard to retain:


    Directly, in red, from the article you posted Mussolini* - THE DOCTRINE OF FASCISM

    "There can be no conception of the State which is not fundamentally a conception of life" That is hardly an American right wing concept...it is, however, a liberal, definitely a left wing concept.

    "Fascism sees in the world not only those superficial, material aspects in which man appears as an individual, standing by himself, self-centered, subject to natural law, which instinctively urges him toward a life of selfish momentary pleasure; it sees not only the individual but the nation and the country;" or... this, which builds on what I was saying in my other posts which, I am sure even tho I encouraged you to do so, you probably did not read "Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State, which stands for the conscience and the universal, will of man as a historic entity. It is opposed to classical liberalism which arose as a reaction to absolutism and exhausted its historical function when the State became the expression of the conscience and will of the people. Liberalism denied the State in the name of the individual; Fascism reasserts "


    Actually, the main reason the Fascists/ Nazis hated the Communists was because in pure communism, there is no hierarchy; in fascism few have the power over the many. This is such a basic distinction, I am surprised that you didn't know it.
    Well, as you know, or should know, there is not now, has never been and will never be [ and I use such absolutes rarely] PURE COMMUNISM. So, there was no reason whatsoever to fear the communists for that silliness. That proposed view of what went on is almost a sixth grader's and it is absolutely absurd to propound such.


    They were diametrically opposed to democracy, liberalism, and socialism. Mussolini said it himself. Just because you refuse to acknowledge it doesn't make it any less true. And as I stated previously, just because a leftist says its true usually makes it otherwise. Mussolini may have been, probably indeed was, against socialism in the Leninist form, Benito's socialism had more of a nationalistic bent...but it was socialism and it was from the left. Deny it all you want, bang your head against the wall all you want, makes no never mind as regards what Benito really was and from where Fascism comes and what it is.



    Our founders practiced a variety of philosophies ranging from the liberal to the conservative. Only someone who reads history with blinders on would not see that. Well, I am not going to write a book here on the founding... but what we have with our Declaration of Independence and our Constitution, which are two of the main documents upon which the right, the conservatives harken back, those to which we try to preserve [ conserve ] which presupposes individual rights and limited government. And there is nobody that really posits, at least not credibly, that our founders were, and the right wing continues the tradition, what is now known as Classical Liberals. Of course, this flies directly in the face of what Mussolini was stating in the article you referenced and from which I took just a few of the representative of his thoughts, above.



    Well, since you did absolutely nothing to refute a word I said (typical of you), I would suggest that you go back and read up on fascism and nazism so you have a better understanding of things. That way, I won't have to correct you... as I always do.
    You have only proven that you really have no idea what you are talking about with regards to this specific topic. I am not going to continue going round and round with you, tho, as you never have any inkling as to when you are completely outflanked and beaten, you just keep going like an Everyready Bunny.

    But mainly though, as per usual, you have no real concept of what it is you are going on about.

    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  6. #116
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    True. And I like what you say there as a general rule. But in the case of the Nazis they did install systems to benefit the laborers, control prices, rents, medical care and so forth. They aimed for an egalitarian society under the Party, though, they were realistic enough to know they could not rock the boat before winning the war. Luckily for Quandt, Flick etc they did not win and went on to bring us BMW and Mercedes.
    You bet. They did things to help and appeal to the average worker and citizen. But, they also understood that a richer business/manufacturing class was necessary as well.

    I read a term in a book just recently about their goal. It was "consensus dictatorship", if I recall correctly. Basically, yes, they wanted to rule dictatorially, but they wanted it to be legitimately popular at the same time.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #117
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    You bet. They did things to help and appeal to the average worker and citizen. But, they also understood that a richer business/manufacturing class was necessary as well.

    I read a term in a book just recently about their goal. It was "consensus dictatorship", if I recall correctly. Basically, yes, they wanted to rule dictatorially, but they wanted it to be legitimately popular at the same time.
    Sorry if jumping in, but would agree with that being a plausible premise. More the state direction of industry/business through subtle persuasion, from the powerful sidelines, being the government, having the power of the purse, a history of not taking brutality off the table, a very popular "leader", one who, like FDR and Churchill, knew how to use his voice... using the more distant levers of government to control the state.

    Popular leader with the stick and carrot game. Tricky, but what isn't?
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  8. #118
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,014

    Re: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Peter, you are going to have to be a lot more specific than just throwing the word "filth" over in our, the conservative's, direction. Maybe over there, on your side of the Atlantic, right wing might be what your vision is of what you are talking about, though I doubt that.

    The "filth" is all leftist styled filth. Without trying to be overly simplistic, the main difference between a Stalin and a Mussolini or Hitler/Schicklgruber, would be the internationalism of communism originating from Moscow versus the nationalism of the Italian Fascist and the Germanic Fascist/Nazi. All three had the state in a supreme role, not at all like the individualism of rights as promoted by the Classical Liberalism of our founding fathers/framers, the conservatism to which we harken back and which has continuously been upheld by the American right.
    Filth, with filth I mean the right wing racist groups and right wing terrorists and no other groups. I may dislike anti-women anti-gay and just about anti-anything conservatives but that is just on ideological differences not because I think they are filth.

    Filth like the Right wing ideologies of the Nazi's, Fascists and Neo-nazi's. Filth like left wing ideologies like Stalin/Mao/North Korea like communism and left wing terrorist organizations. That is what I think is filth.

    And I am sorry, but there is a lot more differences with Stalinist like communists (leftist filth) and Nazi/fascists (right wing filth).

    You are the one who is talking about conservatism and that is not what I am including in the right wing filth. And more ideologies other than conservatism uphold the rights of individuals.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  9. #119
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Filth, with filth I mean the right wing racist groups and right wing terrorists and no other groups. I may dislike anti-women anti-gay and just about anti-anything conservatives but that is just on ideological differences not because I think they are filth.

    Filth like the Right wing ideologies of the Nazi's, Fascists and Neo-nazi's. Filth like left wing ideologies like Stalin/Mao/North Korea like communism and left wing terrorist organizations. That is what I think is filth.

    And I am sorry, but there is a lot more differences with Stalinist like communists (leftist filth) and Nazi/fascists (right wing filth).

    You are the one who is talking about conservatism and that is not what I am including in the right wing filth. And more ideologies other than conservatism uphold the rights of individuals.
    I ll put forth the same offer as I made to Cardinal, lets see who can match their claims to the reality....so, how do you define right wing? How do you define left wing?

    American conservatism/right-wing is not your Euro right-wingedness.

    and...

    Mainly, you throw a lot of name association with bad things, I see not one thing persuasive that you are using to score any real/substantive points, much less to win, from your point of view. Lets start at the baseline and work forward, see who can flesh out the argument best assessing which side is which, what is actually left and what is actually right.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  10. #120
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,014

    Re: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    I ll put forth the same offer as I made to Cardinal, lets see who can match their claims to the reality....so, how do you define right wing? How do you define left wing?

    American conservatism/right-wing is not your Euro right-wingedness.

    and...

    Mainly, you throw a lot of name association with bad things, I see not one thing persuasive that you are using to score any real/substantive points, much less to win, from your point of view. Lets start at the baseline and work forward, see who can flesh out the argument best assessing which side is which, what is actually left and what is actually right.
    Far right, nazi

    Far left, communism


    You may not like it but only revisionists try to distort reality are into re-branding what is right wing filth into left wing filth. We on the left have our own filth/dark past to understand and never repeat and we are not going to take the blame because some on the right are trying to revise history for dishonest or worse reasons. Sorry, not going to play that game.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •