View Poll Results: Which one is the most dishonest active politician?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • President Obama

    38 44.71%
  • Joe Biden

    0 0%
  • John Boehner

    7 8.24%
  • Harry Reid

    7 8.24%
  • Nancy Peloisi

    2 2.35%
  • Mitch McConnell

    2 2.35%
  • Governor Christie

    1 1.18%
  • Rand Paul

    2 2.35%
  • Ted Cruz

    12 14.12%
  • OTHER

    14 16.47%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 123

Thread: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

  1. #101
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,265

    Re: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You might want to read some original works by Mussolini. He was the "father" of modern fascism, and he stated that fascism is completely opposed to socialism and liberalism. Apparently YOU didn't know this particular fact. Here are some quotes from The Doctrine of Fascism by Benito Mussolini:

    "Fascism is therefore opposed to Socialism"
    "Fascism is definitely and absolutely opposed to the doctrines of liberalism, both in the political and economic sphere."
    "The Fascist negation of socialism, democracy, liberalism"

    Mussolini* - THE DOCTRINE OF FASCISM

    I always enjoy watching right wingers attempt to paint fascism as a left wing ideology... and have that erroneous belief blown apart by the guy who developed the ideology in the 20th Century.
    While I would not want to disagree totally, seeing that Fascism is certainly the opposite of liberal. But the Nazis were Fascists and they were socialistic right down to the name. But then Liberalism and Socialism are mutually exclusive also.

  2. #102
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,265

    Re: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    You can only vote for one and it would be nice if it came with an explanation.
    I don't think the most dishonest politician is in the US.

    But it looks as if some people distrust Obama and that he, at least, takes that cookie.

  3. #103
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    While I would not want to disagree totally, seeing that Fascism is certainly the opposite of liberal. But the Nazis were Fascists and they were socialistic right down to the name. But then Liberalism and Socialism are mutually exclusive also.
    Just because they used the word socialist in their name doesn't mean they stuck to socialist ideals. Some believe that the use of the term "socialist" was a misnomer to attract popularity of the movement. Remember... socialism was against private ownership... nazism had no issue with private ownership. Socialism has a classless society... nazism is anything but classless... there is always a hierarchy. The only commonality that socialism and nazism have is government ownership and administration. However, pretty much everything else is different.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #104
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,265

    Re: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Just because they used the word socialist in their name doesn't mean they stuck to socialist ideals. Some believe that the use of the term "socialist" was a misnomer to attract popularity of the movement. Remember... socialism was against private ownership... nazism had no issue with private ownership. Socialism has a classless society... nazism is anything but classless... there is always a hierarchy. The only commonality that socialism and nazism have is government ownership and administration. However, pretty much everything else is different.
    I do not know that I would go along that route with you. Socialism puts the collective ahead of the individual as the leading principal of organisation. And that is exactly, what fascism does. It defines who is part of the collective, what is best for the members and how to do it. This is the opposite to liberal philosophy, though, there is some confusion in the States, as liberal has assumed the meaning of fiscal largess. Actually that is not liberal in the meaning outside the US and originally.

  5. #105
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,308

    Re: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    For example, how he was the first republican governor to endorse Romney. He made that claim for the first time in August of 2012. He endorsed Romney on October 11 in 2011 when he traveled to New Hampshire to endorse Romney as presidential nominee for the republican party. He might have been one of the first but governor David Heineman of Nebraska had endorsed Romney 4 months earlier than Christie had done and Idaho governor Butch Otter was also earlier than Christie to endorse Romney for President/nominee. It may not be a big lie but it is untrue nevertheless.

    Another example in which Christie boasted he cut 360 million from the budget by using line item vetoes was also ruled as false PolitiFact New Jersey | Chris Christie claims he cut $360 million from the state Legislature

    He lied when he stated in a video posted on youtube that the democrats that year "are opposed to ANY tax cuts". The democrats might have been against his plan but had also put forward a plan to lower taxes but had only wanted to cut them for people making less than 250,000 dollars. That seems to mean that they were willing to cut taxes after all, something Christie said the democrats did not want to cut ANY taxes, making his statement completely false. PolitiFact New Jersey | Chris Christie claims Democrats

    This one is also a lie/false claim that Christie loves to repeat (even though it has been proven wrong more than once by politifact) PolitiFact New Jersey | Chris Christie repeats misleading statistic on Newark
    Okay, so a bunch of irrelevant bull****.

    In other words, a politician being a politician.

    Yawn...
    “Now it is not good for the Christian’s health to hustle the Aryan brown,
    For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down;
    And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased,
    And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”

  6. #106
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,014

    Re: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post
    Okay, so a bunch of irrelevant bull****.

    In other words, a politician being a politician.

    Yawn...
    Asked was if he had lied and he has lied. And I just gave a few examples, there were plenty more there. Sure, he does not tel lies like Bachmann does but that does not change the fact that he does lie.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  7. #107
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,308

    Re: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Asked was if he had lied and he has lied. And I just gave a few examples, there were plenty more there. Sure, he does not tel lies like Bachmann does but that does not change the fact that he does lie.
    Of course he's lied.

    He's a politician, that's what they do.

    I never suggested that he didn't lie.

    I just asked what lies he's told because, frankly, as a NJ resident and habitual Christie voter I've never head of him lying in any kind of outrageous manner.

    I was afraid (?) that there was some vast conspiracy theory circulating throughout the far right wing idiotsphere that I hadn't heard about.

    But his BIG LIE is that he personally only cut the budget by about 1/4 as much as he claimed?

    Like I said, yawn.

    In NJ, I'm grateful we've got a governor cutting the budget at all.
    “Now it is not good for the Christian’s health to hustle the Aryan brown,
    For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down;
    And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased,
    And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”

  8. #108
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    While I would not want to disagree totally, seeing that Fascism is certainly the opposite of liberal. But the Nazis were Fascists and they were socialistic right down to the name. But then Liberalism and Socialism are mutually exclusive also.
    Naming is more marketing than anything else. The "Democratic People's Republic of Korea" (North Korea) is hardly democratic nor a 'people's' government, regardless what the name says.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    You are absolutely within your right to think Obama sucks and to a point I will agree with you, he will not go into the history books as a great president but guess what, neither will his predecessor go into those history books as a great president. Some might actually call him an even worse president than Obama (I would be one of them) but that does not mean that I think Obama is that great a president.

    It all comes down however in this poll is whether Obama is the most dishonest active politician and that is not the case IMHO, there are people way worse (like Bachmann) who qualify for that title.
    Fortunately for me Bush allowed me to double down on income so even a bad President like Obama could not **** it up.

  10. #110
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Which one is the most dishonest active Politician?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Fact of the matter is, that Fascism has a lot of different definitions, it has been, and no doubt will continue to be, greatly argued… However, Fascism, as I originally premised, hardly comes from the right… it comes, initially, from Mussolini who previously held the very prestigious position as the vaunted editor of Avanti!, the most prominent Socialist paper in Italy, while simultaneously being considered one of the most foremost Socialists in Italy prior to WW1… and he is also considered the Father of Fascism, more narrowly Italian Fascism, so you cannot deny, in the face of the facts, that he came out of the left. Where is evidence of right wing influence in the formation of fascism?


    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Fascism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (there's a whole slew of definitions there, actually, but anti-marxist and anti-left principles are predominant
    Here you have many conflicting values involved.

    Should you really want to debate this, if you feel confident in what you believe to be the truth, first you will need to define your terms… after which we can discuss where on the political spectrum lies Fascism...left or right.

    So I ask you, what is it that you consider left wing/liberal … and what do you consider right wing/conservative?

    I would suggest there might be considerable overlap and so we need to dispense with those values as they are not specifically determinative of either. I would also suggest that there is a cosmic variance between right wing/conservative this side of the Atlantic contrasted with the other. When we are talking right wing on this side, that is of what I am speaking.



    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    source: my apple computer's on board dictionary (take that as you will)
    Nahhh, no thanks.


    You see, this, along with much in the other definitions, is where revisionism/error has frequently occurred. If we break down each part of the definition, you could redirect it at those aspects of communism/socialism, which is leftist and from which fascism originally came, far more than you could right wing out of which what is considered American conservatism springs.

    So, lets start with what you consider to be left wing and what you think is right wing… establish a baseline and see where the argument actually falls.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •