View Poll Results: Which US Ally is the Most Untrustworthy?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Afghanistan

    8 8.42%
  • Pakistan

    47 49.47%
  • Egypt

    3 3.16%
  • Saudi Arabia

    15 15.79%
  • Iraq

    0 0%
  • Israel

    13 13.68%
  • France

    1 1.05%
  • South Korea

    1 1.05%
  • Other

    7 7.37%
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 190

Thread: Which US Ally is the Most Untrustworthy?[W:184:189]

  1. #121
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    re: Which US Ally is the Most Untrustworthy?[W:184:189]

    I think our least trustworthy ally is Burkina Faso (12 20′ 0″ N, 1 40′ 0″ W).

    I don't know how much of allies they are anyway (vicariously, by the way of Paris?), but come on, how can you ever actually trust the bosses of a country whose name means "The Country of Men of Integrity"?!

  2. #122
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,572

    re: Which US Ally is the Most Untrustworthy?[W:184:189]

    Quote Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
    They have numbers and discipline. Their equipment is all post soviet from the cold war. However like the Japanese in WW2 they are brainwashed to the point where they will fight to the death...all because they we're told to. Numbers matter. For example the US military is the strongest in the world ranging in at 313,847,465 personnel (2012) but China who has outdated equipment and recently embarrassed themselves with a copy of the F-35 Lightning that couldn't even fly....has 1,344,130,00 (2012) members of the military. You read that right...1 billion. Stalin's grand plan to defeat Hitler was to throw his forces at Hitler's, no retreat, no quarter, no taking of prisoners, and Stalin won the Eastern Front. The battle of Stalingrad is a classic example where soviet forces just kept sending more and more men until the Germans starved and then we're weak...and then they pulled off a pintzer movement and defeating them. So there's definitely strength in numbers.
    The NK military is a joke. Most of its equipment is from the cold war era, and even ranges back to WWII.
    Considering that the Chinese population is something around 14 billion, I'm slightly disinclined the believe that 1 billion figure.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  3. #123
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,322

    re: Which US Ally is the Most Untrustworthy?[W:184:189]

    Quote Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
    They have numbers and discipline. Their equipment is all post soviet from the cold war. However like the Japanese in WW2 they are brainwashed to the point where they will fight to the death...all because they we're told to. Numbers matter. For example the US military is the strongest in the world ranging in at 313,847,465 personnel (2012) but China who has outdated equipment and recently embarrassed themselves with a copy of the F-35 Lightning that couldn't even fly....has 1,344,130,00 (2012) members of the military. You read that right...1 billion. Stalin's grand plan to defeat Hitler was to throw his forces at Hitler's, no retreat, no quarter, no taking of prisoners, and Stalin won the Eastern Front. The battle of Stalingrad is a classic example where soviet forces just kept sending more and more men until the Germans starved and then we're weak...and then they pulled off a pintzer movement and defeating them. So there's definitely strength in numbers.
    Yeah, whatever. I was gonna respond until I saw this little gem. So almost every person, children, elderly, crippled, etc are in the military in China?

    with a population of over 1.35 billion.

    China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    ...and the entire world saw what our 200,000 US and UK forces did to Saddam's 375,000 Iraqi Army, 50,000 Republican Guard, 44,000 paramilitary, 650,000 reserves.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of_Iraq
    Last edited by Bodhisattva; 11-03-13 at 11:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #124
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,322

    re: Which US Ally is the Most Untrustworthy?[W:184:189]

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    The NK military is a joke. Most of its equipment is from the cold war era, and even ranges back to WWII.
    Considering that the Chinese population is something around 14 billion, I'm slightly disinclined the believe that 1 billion figure.
    It is a joke on both accounts... their military AND that figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #125
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: Which US Ally is the Most Untrustworthy?[W:184:189]

    Quote Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
    For example the US military is the strongest in the world ranging in at 313,847,465 personnel (2012) but China who has outdated equipment and recently embarrassed themselves with a copy of the F-35 Lightning that couldn't even fly....has 1,344,130,00 (2012) members of the military. You read that right...1 billion.
    lol what the ****? You're in the Air Force and you say that? WHAT
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  6. #126
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,572

    re: Which US Ally is the Most Untrustworthy?[W:184:189]

    Quote Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
    They have numbers and discipline. Their equipment is all post soviet from the cold war. However like the Japanese in WW2 they are brainwashed to the point where they will fight to the death...all because they we're told to. Numbers matter. For example the US military is the strongest in the world ranging in at 313,847,465 personnel (2012) but China who has outdated equipment and recently embarrassed themselves with a copy of the F-35 Lightning that couldn't even fly....has 1,344,130,00 (2012) members of the military. You read that right...1 billion. Stalin's grand plan to defeat Hitler was to throw his forces at Hitler's, no retreat, no quarter, no taking of prisoners, and Stalin won the Eastern Front. The battle of Stalingrad is a classic example where soviet forces just kept sending more and more men until the Germans starved and then we're weak...and then they pulled off a pintzer movement and defeating them. So there's definitely strength in numbers.
    For a more thorough annihilation of your post:
    1) Even North Korea which is the heavily militarized country in the world has a military of 1 million out of a population of about 35 million. 1/35 of the total population, and it's an unsustainable model. However, your claim of 1 billion soldiers out of a Chinese population of 14 billion is simply laughable. Even a quick review of Wikipedia shows only about 2 million. I wonder what reality you live in.
    2) The much-believed historical myth of Stalingrad. The battle of Stalingrad was no struggle for the Soviets. They fed the least number of men needed to hold the city while slowly draining German manpower. They used most of their resources and men for a massive encirclement, not for a pitched street-to-street battle. For more info, see Operation Uranus. So now you're not only wrong about the present, but about the past also.
    3) As for a war between North and South Korea, your claim that the South will easily be beaten. It is of course, absurd. Although NK outnumbers SK about 2:1 in men, we have far more superior weaponry with larger reserves and a far better economy to sustain a war. As for the NK military, not much needs to be said about its condition when it uses WWII and cold war-era weaponry, is so ill-supplied and underfed that a soldier who defected weighed only 26kg and there are regular reports of stationed troops pillaging the villages which they are supposed to guard out of hunger. Numbers matter not, whether they are well-equipped, well-trained, and well-supplied matters. You show a poor grasp considering you're in the military.

    P.S: I recommend Zhuge Liang instead of Sun Tzu. Although Westerners have heard of Sun Tzu and often quotes him, Zhuge Liang is far better known in the East and regarded as better.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  7. #127
    Student Constantine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    04-11-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    286
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Which US Ally is the Most Untrustworthy?[W:184:189]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    lol what the ****? You're in the Air Force and you say that? WHAT
    These are all readily available on the internet and public knowledge....

    https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/ch.html
    http://www.globalfirepower.com/count...untry_id=China

    I said the F-35 but I meant the F-22. However the Chinese J-31 is supposed to be a copy of the F-22.

    http://theaviationist.com/2012/09/16/j-31/#.Une7ZfnUnfI
    http://thediplomat.com/flashpoints-b...-35-for-sales/
    http://www.wantchinatimes.com/news-s...00144&cid=1101
    Last edited by Constantine; 11-04-13 at 11:23 AM.


  8. #128
    Student Constantine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    04-11-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    286
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Which US Ally is the Most Untrustworthy?[W:184:189]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Yeah, whatever. I was gonna respond until I saw this little gem. So almost every person, children, elderly, crippled, etc are in the military in China?

    with a population of over 1.35 billion.

    China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    ...and the entire world saw what our 200,000 US and UK forces did to Saddam's 375,000 Iraqi Army, 50,000 Republican Guard, 44,000 paramilitary, 650,000 reserves.

    2003 invasion of Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Research military numbers. That little Gem came from research. You may want to try it some time. It's an invaluable skill.

    https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/ch.html
    http://www.globalfirepower.com/count...untry_id=China

    Suddam's forces we're demoralized and didn't want to fight us. An entire division gave up at once during the war. It's hardly comparable or even relevant to a topic that addresses a psychological hold over a people. Suddam was a leader, to the North Koreans....the little Kim is a god king.
    Last edited by Constantine; 11-04-13 at 11:24 AM.


  9. #129
    Student Constantine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    04-11-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    286
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Which US Ally is the Most Untrustworthy?[W:184:189]

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    For a more thorough annihilation of your post:
    1) Even North Korea which is the heavily militarized country in the world has a military of 1 million out of a population of about 35 million. 1/35 of the total population, and it's an unsustainable model. However, your claim of 1 billion soldiers out of a Chinese population of 14 billion is simply laughable. Even a quick review of Wikipedia shows only about 2 million. I wonder what reality you live in.
    2) The much-believed historical myth of Stalingrad. The battle of Stalingrad was no struggle for the Soviets. They fed the least number of men needed to hold the city while slowly draining German manpower. They used most of their resources and men for a massive encirclement, not for a pitched street-to-street battle. For more info, see Operation Uranus. So now you're not only wrong about the present, but about the past also.
    3) As for a war between North and South Korea, your claim that the South will easily be beaten. It is of course, absurd. Although NK outnumbers SK about 2:1 in men, we have far more superior weaponry with larger reserves and a far better economy to sustain a war. As for the NK military, not much needs to be said about its condition when it uses WWII and cold war-era weaponry, is so ill-supplied and underfed that a soldier who defected weighed only 26kg and there are regular reports of stationed troops pillaging the villages which they are supposed to guard out of hunger. Numbers matter not, whether they are well-equipped, well-trained, and well-supplied matters. You show a poor grasp considering you're in the military.

    P.S: I recommend Zhuge Liang instead of Sun Tzu. Although Westerners have heard of Sun Tzu and often quotes him, Zhuge Liang is far better known in the East and regarded as better.
    Annihilation? Your post better be good then because the two that tried didn't even pose a challenge. If annihilation can be compared to tickling someone with a feather...then yeah I suppose you could use that term. However in it's actual sense...annihilation....I ROFL'ed.

    1. Wiklipedia is not a viable source. Middle schoolers are taught this. Yet you are going to counter with wikipedia. Stunning. Hurry up and go quick review another source before that one bites you in the butt lol.

    2. I've studied history in college because at one time I was going to be a history teacher. Nothing I said about Stalingrad was wrong...at all. Again research would do you wonders. In fact I have quite a few books on the matter because that was one of my favorite battles of the Eastern front. Ironically your attempt to claim I don't know anything about the past just fell flat on it's face.

    3. You seem to fail and understanding military power. North Korea has a psychological hold over their people. They'll pose a threat for the same reason the Japanese did in WW2 and the same reason Iran poses a threat now. Numbers do matter and always have mattered. Viet Nam....you think those guerrillas we're better than the US forces? Nope....but they knew their land, they had their numbers, and they knew guerrilla tactics better. That's why the US lost Viet Nam. The US was better equipped, better trained, better moral....they lost. So no offense to your nation but I believe if the US left you....the North would BULLDOZE you...not invade...complete bull doze through your nation.

    God. If this was annihilation....then count me tickled. You guys are pussies.

    When there is a suitable reason for me to take you 3 seriously...let me know...because those "annihilation" we're as sad as they we're pathetic. Study, research, try harder, come back to me with a real challenge.
    Last edited by Constantine; 11-04-13 at 11:18 AM.


  10. #130
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,292

    re: Which US Ally is the Most Untrustworthy?[W:184:189]

    I could be missing something here, but I don't consider anyone on the list in the poll to actually be an ally of the US. In all cases, these countries are only "friendly" and/or supportive of America's interests in their region when those interests gel with their own self interest. That's not being an ally, that's being pragmatic.

    True allies of the US are countries like Canada and Britain - countries who have repeatedly and almost unfailingly stepped in to help America when asked and when needed and often when there is no apparent self-interest involved.

    Friends (allies) help friends even when they think the friend is being foolish or rash or on the wrong course because the friendship means more to them than the actually outcome.

    It is foolish, in my view, to look at any country but a very select few as 100% allied with you - most alliances are circumstantial and short term - NATO is the closest that America has to allies, other than Canada and Britain, as I mentioned above.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •