View Poll Results: What is the best way to run an insurance company?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Charge the highest premiums possible. Pay out the least possible.

    13 59.09%
  • Charge the lowest premiums possible. Pay our the most possible.

    7 31.82%
  • Do what is best for the world even if it loses you money.

    2 9.09%
  • Close it down so that everyone will be screwed.

    0 0%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 88

Thread: What is the best way to run an insurance company?

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What is the best way to run an insurance company?

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    depends on what "possible" means, but in general those that said charge the most and pay the least wouldn't last long in a competitive market....
    very interesting. I didn't have enough space in the polls to enter every single variable. What I meant was make good judgements, hire wise employees to make good judgements and make the largest profit possible.

    The second option means. Be as nice as possible, hire the nicest employees possible to do the most good for people, never do any mathematical calculations whatsoever.

    I'm sure you understand the spirit of the poll. It isn't necessary to be so ridiculous.

  2. #32
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: What is the best way to run an insurance company?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    very interesting. I didn't have enough space in the polls to enter every single variable. What I meant was make good judgements, hire wise employees to make good judgements and make the largest profit possible.

    The second option means. Be as nice as possible, hire the nicest employees possible to do the most good for people, never do any mathematical calculations whatsoever.

    I'm sure you understand the spirit of the poll. It isn't necessary to be so ridiculous.
    No I was being serious. "possible" to me means sufficient profit to satisfy investors expectations, while providing the lowest premium and highest payout for competitive reasons. High premiums = few customers. Low payouts = few customers. Few customers = no profits.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What is the best way to run an insurance company?

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    No I was being serious. "possible" to me means sufficient profit to satisfy investors expectations, while providing the lowest premium and highest payout for competitive reasons. High premiums = few customers. Low payouts = few customers. Few customers = no profits.
    I am a poor communicator.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: What is the best way to run an insurance company?

    Convince the POTUS to make it illegal not to have me.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What is the best way to run an insurance company?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Convince the POTUS to make it illegal not to have me.
    Does this mean something?

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: What is the best way to run an insurance company?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    What is the best way to run an insurance company?

    vasuderatorrent
    the same as ALL BUSINESS, make sure revenues exceed costs

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What is the best way to run an insurance company?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    the same as ALL BUSINESS, make sure revenues exceed costs
    Some people don't think this should apply to Health Insurance companies.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: What is the best way to run an insurance company?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Some people don't think this should apply to Health Insurance companies.
    Most of them have never been held accountable for profit

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What is the best way to run an insurance company?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Most of them have never been held accountable for profit
    6 out of 8 participants in this poll understand how the world works.

  10. #40
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: What is the best way to run an insurance company?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    What is the best way to run an insurance company?

    vasuderatorrent
    Hire a competent CEO.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •