View Poll Results: Do you boycott particular businesses?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Social issues

    19 41.30%
  • Political issues

    21 45.65%
  • Treatment issues

    28 60.87%
  • Other

    16 34.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 190

Thread: Do you boycott particular businesses?

  1. #151
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Do you boycott particular businesses?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    That's what I've already said, I don't like their behavior and their contracts so I don't buy their products. It's not about the legality, it's about the fact that they're doing it. If they had put in every EULA that Steve Jobs is allowed to bang your wife whenever he wants, it might have a chance of holding up in court, but it's a super sleezy dirtbag thing to do, and people should boycott them for it.

    I've been hard pressed to find a company I find more sinister than Apple.
    You've got to watch out for what they put in that ULA lest you find yourself in an unfortunate situation


  2. #152
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,355

    Re: Do you boycott particular businesses?

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    If Chick-fil-A's food is orgasmic, I'll be eating lunch there today.
    Hey, why not? [Radcen is never going to live that typo down!]

    Greetings, humbolt.

  3. #153
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,266

    Re: Do you boycott particular businesses?

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Hey, why not? [Radcen is never going to live that typo down!]

    Greetings, humbolt.
    Good morning to you, as well. I admit, I haven't read past the OP. I just couldn't get past that typo, and I'm certain many others stopped there as well. Sometimes the spell checker just can't help you. I feel a little sorry for Radcen for missing that because it's completely understandable, but pretty funny none the less. A saucy little chicken for lunch? As you say, why not? I may have to reconsider my aversion to fast food.

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Do you boycott particular businesses?

    There are much better chicken sandwiches out there then Chick Fil a. That said, I admire their standing up for what THEY believe in.

  5. #155
    Professor
    Dirt Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    02-19-16 @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,747

    Re: Do you boycott particular businesses?

    I have and do boycott businesses I do not agree with. Although not usually for social issues, I do however boycott for political or treatment issues.

    I do buy Apple products because they last. I have had terrible luck with other electronics but my Apple equip continues to perform.
    I do not shop at Walmart for a couple of reasons. 1. being they have driven most of the small business out of my area 2. Most of the people that shop there in my area are complete trash and I simply refuse to be around them if I can help it.
    I have boycotted restaurants for political and treatment issues and most I have never returned to.

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do you boycott particular businesses?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Dont eat at Chick-Filla because of Gay rights. Dont shop at hobby lobby over gay rights issues. Dont shop at Walmart for obvious reasons. Dont buy nikes because of sweat shop labor.
    Once you get older, that cross is going to feel heavier. Friendly advice.

  7. #157
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Do you boycott particular businesses?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Not only did they want people who jailbroke their phones to pay a fine, they wanted their asses in jail.

    Apple Wants To Make Jailbreaking Worthy Of Jail Time, $2500 Fine

    Luckily it didn't hold up in court.

    U.S. Declares iPhone Jailbreaking Legal, Over Apple

    They were already on my blacklist for their anti-competitive linking to AT&T and for their insanely locked down hardware that without major hacking (back in the day anyway) won't let you use your own device with anything other itunes, but the lawsuit got them a permanent place on it.

    If I buy a product, it's my ****ing product. If I buy a toaster and hack it to somehow play DVDs that's my perogative, and frankly neither the toaster company's or the dvd company's business.
    Hear hear! I almost stood up from my chair and clapped.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #158
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Do you boycott particular businesses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Any time I've ever made the choice to no longer shop / visit / dine in an establishment, they knew why. It's kind of silly to walk away from a business because you are trying to make a point, yet you are not even making the point. If you don't let them know, they'll never know why you left. May not matter anyway but a very strongly worded letter, or phone call, always made me feel better, if nothing else.
    I completely agree with this. I do it sometimes, but not as often as I should.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #159
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Do you boycott particular businesses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Just so you know

    The reason stores will have a minimum charge is to allow the store to make money on the transaction. They have to pay a fee to the card company for every transaction, Small purchases that are bought using cards most likely are loss makers on the store
    What they're doing is micromanaging every single individual transaction... and as a result are being short-sighted and shooting themselves in the foot. Study after study has concluded that people... OVERALL... spend more money when they use a credit card than when they use cash. If they'd relax and look at the long-term picture they'd understand that... in spite of the relative few who will be a small loss... they'd make more money by not being so anal. Essentially, by wearing blinders they're stepping over dollars to pick up pennies.


    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    I like Chick Fil a. They had the balls to stand up for their beliefs. Rare in todays PC world. Same with Hobby Lobby.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    There are much better chicken sandwiches out there then Chick Fil a. That said, I admire their standing up for what THEY believe in.
    I do not agree with Chik-fil-A's stance on gays, but I do respect them having the backbone to stand up and say what they believe in. I don't eat there very often, but not over the gay issue. I just think their food is only of slightly average quality. As far as fast food goes, Wendy's does a much tastier chicken sandwich, IMO.


    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Hey, why not? [Radcen is never going to live that typo down!]
    Greetings, humbolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Good morning to you, as well. I admit, I haven't read past the OP. I just couldn't get past that typo, and I'm certain many others stopped there as well. Sometimes the spell checker just can't help you. I feel a little sorry for Radcen for missing that because it's completely understandable, but pretty funny none the less. A saucy little chicken for lunch? As you say, why not? I may have to reconsider my aversion to fast food.
    Actually, I meant 'orgasmic'. That was intended.

    I know many people, primarily women for whatever that's worth, that constantly gush about how great CfA's food is... to the point that it has become a private joke of mine that they think it is 'orgasmic'.

    Last edited by radcen; 10-28-13 at 02:00 PM.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #160
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,266

    Re: Do you boycott particular businesses?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post




    Actually, I meant 'orgasmic'. That was intended.

    I know many people, primarily women for whatever that's worth, that constantly gush about how great CfA's food is... to the point that it has become a private joke of mine they they think it is 'orgasmic'.




    I stand corrected. I wasn't aware any food was described as orgasmic. However, good choice. I like it. As a rule I don't eat fast food, so I really don't know anything about Chick-fil-A's chicken sandwiches, and probably never will.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •