View Poll Results: Will you sign up for obamacare

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • I voted for obama and will sign up

    5 31.25%
  • I voted for obama and will pay the fine

    1 6.25%
  • I didn't vote for obama but will sign up

    2 12.50%
  • I didn't vote for obama and will pay the fine

    8 50.00%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 80

Thread: For the under 30 crowd in here [W:38]

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    For the under 30 crowd in here [W:38]

    I know you can't really sign up for obamacare yet because his site is so screwed up but I am wondering how many of you under 30 people in here will sign up when you can. Most of you voted for him so I expect you to go along with his agenda but we shall see.

  2. #2
    Professor
    Un biased's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    05-30-16 @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,642

    re: For the under 30 crowd in here [W:38]

    Depends on the cost . I'm hopping the largest kinks in the system will be fixed before I have to make the decision . If it is not fixed I might as well pay the fine . Hope for the best prepare for the worst . Sick of all this democrat and republican nonsense it seems as if people these days are voting for the least of two evils and are stuck between a rock and hard place when it comes to elections .
    Guinea pigs are amazing furry creatures !!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    re: For the under 30 crowd in here [W:38]

    Quote Originally Posted by Un biased View Post
    Depends on the cost . I'm hopping the largest kinks in the system will be fixed before I have to make the decision . If it is not fixed I might as well pay the fine . Hope for the best prepare for the worst . Sick of all this democrat and republican nonsense it seems as if people these days are voting for the least of two evils and are stuck between a rock and hard place when it comes to elections .
    From what I hear the cost is doubling for people in their 20s so I will put you in the pay the fine column.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,529

    re: For the under 30 crowd in here [W:38]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    From what I hear the cost is doubling for people in their 20s so I will put you in the pay the fine column.
    seems like you've posted "from what I hear" before. Only believe 10% of what you hear.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    re: For the under 30 crowd in here [W:38]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    seems like you've posted "from what I hear" before. Only believe 10% of what you hear.
    That's why I started this poll. I wanted to see if what I'm hearing holds up in here. I'm sure these politically active "youts" in here have looked into this.

  6. #6
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    re: For the under 30 crowd in here [W:38]

    The punishment really starts in 2016. If you don't like premiums today, just wait.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  7. #7
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,474

    re: For the under 30 crowd in here [W:38]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I know you can't really sign up for obamacare yet because his site is so screwed up but I am wondering how many of you under 30 people in here will sign up when you can. Most of you voted for him so I expect you to go along with his agenda but we shall see.
    I imagine it will be the same percentage of young people taking self responsibility as the percentage of baby boomers who have taken the self responsibilty of wisely put away for a realistic retirement.

  8. #8
    Advisor Nynaeve Meara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Malkier
    Last Seen
    11-05-13 @ 04:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    325

    re: For the under 30 crowd in here [W:38]

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    I imagine it will be the same percentage of young people taking self responsibility as the percentage of baby boomers who have taken the self responsibilty of wisely put away for a realistic retirement.
    So none.
    "I can't abide women who poke their noses into other people's business."
    “Men are strange. I think it has something to do with the hair on their chins.”

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    re: For the under 30 crowd in here [W:38]

    Quote Originally Posted by Nynaeve Meara View Post
    So none.


    There's a larger number than you might expect. Some of us listened to our parents who were raised during the depression and believed what they said.

    There used to be a pyramid of investment that started with insurance and savings and then moved on to clearing the debts and then on to investments.

    It's all pretty common sense stuff, but, unfortunately, the get rich quick schemes that were too good to be true attracted many.

    As WC Fields said in his role as Lardon E. Whipsnade, "You can't cheat on honest man."
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  10. #10
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    re: For the under 30 crowd in here [W:38]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    The punishment really starts in 2016. If you don't like premiums today, just wait.
    I think you're probably right. Premiums today are actuaries' best guesses on sign-up numbers. If their best guesses are wrong, we're going to see dramatic price increases as early as next year.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •