View Poll Results: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Economic Detriment Argument

    18 36.00%
  • Moral Argument

    10 20.00%
  • Hardship Argument

    9 18.00%
  • I Said So Argument

    1 2.00%
  • Waste Encouragement Argument

    10 20.00%
  • I don't agree with any of these arguments.

    21 42.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 134

Thread: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    socialists always want to claim its immoral for those who can provide for themselves to not want to be forced to provide for those who are unable-or in many cases-unwilling-to provide for themselves when the real immorality is for politicians to buy the votes of their supporters with the money taken from others
    Yeah ... I'm sure Jesus taught us that lesson.

  2. #72
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Yeah ... I'm sure Jesus taught us that lesson.
    Jesus has no relevance to this argument. Parasitic politicians basking in phony altruism that others are forced to pay for are a cancer on society. So are the greedy parasites who whine about NEEDING handouts and damn those of us who are net tax payers for not wanting to pay even more.



  3. #73
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    That is the function of the market place in society, not the motivation.


    Do you think that is what motivates the Walton family or the Koch brothers?
    No, that is just what you've been taught to believe. The motivation is is to survive and prosper. Such a basic human quality takes many forms. It's obvious which form it takes in Progressives.

    As to the Waltons on the Kochs, I absolutely think this is what motivates them. Why wouldn't it?

    What do you think motivates Peter Lewis? How about George Soros? What of Drummond Pike, or Wallis Annnennberg? What do you think motivates these billionaires who live exclusive lives, and whos actions have harmed so many? Do they get a pass because they head your movement?

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    progressives never deal with the pandering angle. the left wins elections by promising people goodies paid for by other people. The left has absolutely no incentive to cut spending because that cuts their ability to win elections.
    republicons never deal with the pandering angle. the right wins elections by promising corporations goodies paid for by other people. The right has absolutely no incentive to cut spending because that cuts their ability to win elections.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    No, that is just what you've been taught to believe. The motivation is is to survive and prosper. Such a basic human quality takes many forms. It's obvious which form it takes in Progressives.

    As to the Waltons on the Kochs, I absolutely think this is what motivates them. Why wouldn't it?

    What do you think motivates Peter Lewis? How about George Soros? What of Drummond Pike, or Wallis Annnennberg? What do you think motivates these billionaires who live exclusive lives, and whos actions have harmed so many? Do they get a pass because they head your movement?
    Self interested financial gain and altruistic concerns are not necessarily mutually exclusive character attributes. They obviously CAN be exclusive of one another when we examine the actions of the Kochs or the Waltons...But people like Bill and Melinda Gates show us that the motivation of greed and the motivation of altruism can, and do, exist within the same personality. No one in the market place has ever been more ruthless than Bill Gates and very very few have been so giving to mankind.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Jesus has no relevance to this argument. Parasitic politicians basking in phony altruism that others are forced to pay for are a cancer on society. So are the greedy parasites who whine about NEEDING handouts and damn those of us who are net tax payers for not wanting to pay even more.
    Yeah sure ... compartmentalize your morality when it is expediente to your political greed. No relevance ...say that again.

  7. #77
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Self interested financial gain and altruistic concerns are not necessarily mutually exclusive character attributes. They obviously CAN be exclusive of one another when we examine the actions of the Kochs or the Waltons...But people like Bill and Melinda Gates show us that the motivation of greed and the motivation of altruism can, and do, exist within the same personality. No one in the market place has ever been more ruthless than Bill Gates and very very few have been so giving to mankind.
    Good tax planning can be packaged to look many different ways. What is the motivation of the billionaires who have re-manufactured the Progressive Movement?

  8. #78
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Yeah sure ... compartmentalize your morality when it is expediente to your political greed. No relevance ...say that again.
    You think actively taking what someone else has made is not greed but wanting to keep what one has made is

    that is the rationalization that the parasitic leftwing banks on

    to you subjecting the unwilling and the unable to benign neglect is evil but looting the wealth of those who work hard is acceptable since it is how your political masters win elections



  9. #79
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    No. Morality is a sense of what is right and what is wrong.
    "The sense" may lead to realization that we need a system of rules, morality. Just as empathy leads there. But to rely on intuition is to invite disaster. Heart is blind.

  10. #80
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Good tax planning can be packaged to look many different ways. What is the motivation of the billionaires who have re-manufactured the Progressive Movement?
    I heard Arthur Laffer explain why so many uber rich were "liberals". he said there were two basic reasons

    1) billionaires gain wealth trading with other wealthy entities. a government that has more and more money is such an entity

    2) the more common and sinister explanation is that the mega rich think they can run the government and a leftwing government is more controlling than a libertarian or decentralized federal government. In other words, billionaires figure they will have more controls over others if government is bigger



Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •