View Poll Results: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Economic Detriment Argument

    18 36.00%
  • Moral Argument

    10 20.00%
  • Hardship Argument

    9 18.00%
  • I Said So Argument

    1 2.00%
  • Waste Encouragement Argument

    10 20.00%
  • I don't agree with any of these arguments.

    21 42.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 134

Thread: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Yes, fewer essential services. What "babies" are you referring to?
    I'm beginning to think you may be drunk.
    Drunk? No. Annoyed? Yes. Your arguments are annoying and frankly fallacious. You are considering things as essential that are not.

  2. #52
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    I didn't vote. I'm not against higher taxes. Where I live the 'no taxes' mantra has led to kids selling chocolates in the neighbourhood so they can have band instruments in their school and to hours-long waits in local hospital ER's.
    Ummm, those things have been happening for 30-40 years now.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Makes no difference. The service provided is the same and therefore valued the same across the board. You can't just make up your own rules for government as if it's consistent and meaningful. There is no reason prices should be regressive in the market and not in government. It's services provided and services paid for in both places and therefore warrants the same treatment. The world is regressive and it's actually fair that way.



    So the civic responsibilities should be unequal? Do you even realize that is what you just said?

    Btw, you do realize profits are taxed, right?
    The government is not the market place. The market place is based on uncivilized greed. The government is not a business.
    Government is civilization. Civilization is for the benefit of all ... including the wealthy.
    Until you realize that fact, your greed will always make more sense to you.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    I didn't vote. I'm not against higher taxes. Where I live the 'no taxes' mantra has led to kids selling chocolates in the neighbourhood so they can have band instruments in their school and to hours-long waits in local hospital ER's.
    I see nothing wrong with kids doing some work to pay for their band instruments. All I ask is that they don't try to sell me popcorn like the scouts. Ewww. I'm an eagle scout, so I buy the stuff, but damn, really?
    Last edited by Henrin; 10-27-13 at 10:22 AM.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    The government is not the market place. The market place is based on uncivilized greed. The government is not a business.
    Government is civilization. Civilization is for the benefit of all ... including the wealthy.
    Until you realize that fact, your greed will always make more sense to you.
    The market is not based on uncivilized greed. I thought you understand the basics of economics.

    Having the government treat people equally is to the benefit of all citizens.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You are considering things as essential that are not.
    That talks more about your point of view than reality. If you have three cars in your driveway the bus service is always going to be non-essential to you. If you have the ability to buy good health insurance the free clinic or the ACA is non-essential to you . If you have never been hungry or had to make a choice between paying rent and buying food, then food assistance programs are non-essential. If you can afford to send your kids to private school then public education looks pretty non-essential. If you have a great IRA stashed away then social security and medicare will always be non-essential to your retirement.
    I guess it comes down to how "civilized" you want the country you live in to be... regardless of your point of view.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    That talks more about your point of view than reality. If you have three cars in your driveway the bus service is always going to be non-essential to you. If you have the ability to buy good health insurance the free clinic or the ACA is non-essential to you . If you have never been hungry or had to make a choice between paying rent and buying food, then food assistance programs are non-essential. If you can afford to send your kids to private school then public education looks pretty non-essential. If you have a great IRA stashed away then social security and medicare will always be non-essential to your retirement.
    I guess it comes down to how "civilized" you want the country you live in to be... regardless of your point of view.
    None of which are essential to be provided and all of which make the country uncivilized.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The market is not based on uncivilized greed. I thought you understand the basics of economics.
    .
    If the market place is not motivated by greed, then you tell me what does motivate it?
    Altruism? Fair play? Love of mankind? Peace love and understanding? Brotherhood?
    HA!

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    If the market place is not motivated by greed, then you tell me what does motivate it?
    Altruism? Fair play? Love of mankind? Peace love and understanding? Brotherhood?
    HA!
    What people are motivated by and what the market itself is based on are different things.

  10. #60
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: What is your favorite argument against higher taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    If the market place is not motivated by greed, then you tell me what does motivate it?
    Altruism? Fair play? Love of mankind? Peace love and understanding? Brotherhood?
    HA!

    Unbelieveable.

    Non-victims understand the market place is motivated by a desire to survive and prosper.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •