View Poll Results: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • As soon as possible. There are many people that shouldn't be having kids.

    11 57.89%
  • Within 50 years. We're not quite ready but we are almost there.

    2 10.53%
  • 51-200 years. Some people are so stupid that they think aborition is wrong.

    0 0%
  • 201-1000 years. This is the most advanced dream of abortionist. It takes lots of time.

    6 31.58%
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 166

Thread: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

  1. #51
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

    I think attempting to compare the general social structure and what the public finds "acceptable" in the United States and China is a bit ridiculous, not to mention the processes in each country in which this would have to come to pass. Not to mention your ridiculously hyperbolic take on comparing the level of controversy and support for mandatory abortions, thus occuring against the INDIVIDUALS will, as it'd relate to the support for allowing abortions to be legal. In part because you, in an obvious fashion, purposefully ignore any sense of logic or reason or intellectual honesty regarding the reasons why many of those who support abortion being legal do...because they feel that the individual should have a choice of what they do to their body. FORCING abortions onto folks would actually result in a coilition of "pro-life" and "pro-choice" individuals joining together in opposition to it..."pro-life" folks opposing it because it still is taking the life of a child in their opinion, and "pro-choice" folk opposing it because it removes the ability of a woman to chose what is done to her body.

    Your question isn't honest, your argument isn't intelligent, your premise is ridiculous...all this is is you being annoyed about people being pro-life and trying to put forth a retarded and over the top hypothetical and pretending that somehow it's in any way likely while ignoring the overwhelming amount of actual evidence and reason that suggests the exact opposite.

  2. #52
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    And there's a comment so over the top or under a rock that there's no justification for a serious response. My apologies for pointing out your stunning hypocrisy and touching such a sensitive nerve.
    I accept your retreat.

  3. #53
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

    Mandatory abortions is the exact opposite of pro-choice.

  4. #54
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,010

    Re: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    You should probably pick the last option. 201-1000 years.

    vasuderatorrent
    That makes no sense and does not in any way address or respond to what I said. I have only noted that a woman should only be "forced" when she in incapable of making a choice, such as being in a coma or other similar condition. If the woman is conscious then she has the choice of what, if any, procedures are performed upon her. Now in a potential future where the transplant of a ZEF to an artificial or separate incubation environment is equal, trauma wise, to an abortion, then her choices should be limited within the scope of the father as well. But until then it rest solely on the woman.

  5. #55
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:56 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,415

    Re: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

    The Germans got a bad name because the resorted to euthanasia. I do not think we should.

  6. #56
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:56 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,415

    Re: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Now that the elitist have convinced the American public to accept abortion as a morally reasonable thing to do, the next step is to implement mandatory abortions to those who are unfit to be parents. This was envisioned by Plato as a way to improve the quality of the human species much in the same way that cattle are bred to improve the heard.

    The question I have to ask is: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

    vasuderatorrent

    Below is a quote from Book V of Plato's Republic
    Unsolicited Commentary: Platos Republic: Book Five

    "The second wave regarded the communal rearing of children, closely linked to the breeding of the females by only the best men. Socrates was intent upon destroying any bond that might develop except the bonds of a person to their community. The greatest evil was that which caused factions (462b). To this end he erased the family from the lives of the guardians and auxiliaries. No marriages were to be allowed. The best warriors would be directed to mate periodically with the women and the children of those unions would be raised collectively. Not even the mother would know who her offspring were. Socrates goes so far as to insist that this is the most natural way for our best men and women to procreate and exist together. It is not unlike the fighting dogs or game cocks which Glaucon raises at his home 459a).

    It is hard to imagine how this relates to the soul of a human except that, perhaps, we should look closely at the relationships to which we cling. In this light, the argument that the offspring of unwarranted intercourse should be aborted is not quite so hideous."
    As you rightly point out, there have been arguments to practice euthanasia and human breeding since way back. That is because it seems to make sense in every way, until you wonder, if you really want the government deciding on who is fit for further life.

  7. #57
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Actually, this is not exactly true. There is a very common pro abortion argument that outright says that abortion is the preferred option and usually it shows up in the form of arguing that unplanned children are "unwanted" and are sure to be abandoned/abused, and would therefore be better off if they had been aborted. There are other variations.

    As far as it being mandated, I have seen that argument before but that won't ever have popular support. I do admit though, when some of the same people who call the unborn baby all sorts of awful things claim they would argue as vehemently against mandatory abortion, I'm dubious.
    It all boils down to choice.
    The statist says the choice should be made by the state, either in the form of attempting to outlaw abortion, or attempting to mandate abortion. We don't yet have a powerful enough state to impose such a rule, but we could have one day.

    The libertarian says that the choice should be made by the individual, and not the state.

    It's quite clear: Pro choice, or anti choice, more accurately, anti individual choice and pro government choice.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #58
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,205

    Re: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I accept your retreat.
    It's hardly surprising that someone who posts such idiocies would confuse someone deciding to ignore your idiocy going forward as some kind of retreat - retreat from idiocy? - you're right, I'm guilty as charged.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    I have only noted that a woman should only be "forced" when she in incapable of making a choice, such as being in a coma or other similar condition.
    Oh my!

    vasuderatorrent

  10. #60
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    here in the US, eugenics has been a leftist notion.. so i wouldn't worry too much about the right suddenly adopting it to eradicate "da gayz".
    Not really true. It was both embraced by the political left and the political right in the United States, but often for different reasons and to different degrees. There are many kinds of eugenics.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •