View Poll Results: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • As soon as possible. There are many people that shouldn't be having kids.

    11 57.89%
  • Within 50 years. We're not quite ready but we are almost there.

    2 10.53%
  • 51-200 years. Some people are so stupid that they think aborition is wrong.

    0 0%
  • 201-1000 years. This is the most advanced dream of abortionist. It takes lots of time.

    6 31.58%
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 166

Thread: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

  1. #41
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    It would be better off for the pro-death advocates. I'm not sure how the pro-life group would benefit from this strategy. Are you sure everybody would be better off or just your side?

    vasuderatorrent
    Case in point.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #42
    Educator Grendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-02-13 @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    704

    Re: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    That's because this isn't a choice. Elitist are in charge and want to make America stronger. [ . . . ] This is a vision of the smartest people in our country.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Now that the elitist have convinced the American public to accept abortion as a morally reasonable thing to do, the next step is to implement mandatory abortions to those who are unfit to be parents.
    Who are these "elitists" that you believe are planning mandatory abortions, and what have they said or done that make you think they are going to force people to have abortions? Or is this just more hysterical nonsense?
    "All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell [the bible] teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society." Rep. Paul Broun (R)

  3. #43
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,875

    Re: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

    As soon as we change women and children into community property. You can't just pull selective abortion out of Plato's ideal State and expect it to work in our society.

    Edit: I must assume that there will be some difficulty in telling women that they will be slaves.

  4. #44
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,010

    Re: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

    The only time that an abortion should ever be "mandatory", i.e. without the woman's express consent, is when she in incapable of both giving and refusing consent (coma or other similar conditions) and the legal next of kin makes the decision.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Who are these "elitists" that you believe are planning mandatory abortions, and what have they said or done that make you think they are going to force people to have abortions? Or is this just more hysterical nonsense?
    Philosophers. The higher ups in universities. Once a woman is convinced by these eggheads to have an abortion she is a soldier for life for the cause of pro-death. She has to be. She killed her baby and it causes great emotional pain and self doubt. When she makes up silly arguments to justify her own guilt this helps the cause of the egghead. She becomes a pawn in their big game. Some people pick up the fight just because they hear a convincing argument by one of these murdering moms that tugs at their heart string. Most of the population isn't affected by abortion one way or the other. It's really odd that so many fight so hard to have the right to kill a baby when most of them never will. It's very bizarre. What theory do you have?

    vasuderatorrent

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Who are these "elitists" that you believe are planning mandatory abortions, and what have they said or done that make you think they are going to force people to have abortions? Or is this just more hysterical nonsense?
    "The men who are not interested in philosophy absorb it's principles from the cultural atmosphere around them - from schools, colleges, books, magazines, newspapers, movies, televisions, etc. Who sets the tone of a culture? A small handful of men: the philosophers. Others follow their lead,either by conviction or default. For some 200 years, under the influence of Immanuel Kant, the dominant trend of philosophy has been directed to a single goal: the destruction of man's mind, of his confidence in the power of reason. Today, we are seeing the climax of that trend."

    Rand, Ayn. Philosophy: Who Needs It. New York. New American Library, 1982. Page 8

    978-0451138934

    Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Philosophy: Who Needs It (The Ayn Rand Library Vol. 1)

    vasuderatorrent

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Philosophers. The higher ups in universities. Once a woman is convinced by these eggheads to have an abortion she is a soldier for life for the cause of pro-death. She has to be. She killed her baby and it causes great emotional pain and self doubt. When she makes up silly arguments to justify her own guilt this helps the cause of the egghead. She becomes a pawn in their big game. Some people pick up the fight just because they hear a convincing argument by one of these murdering moms that tugs at their heart string. Most of the population isn't affected by abortion one way or the other. It's really odd that so many fight so hard to have the right to kill a baby when most of them never will. It's very bizarre. What theory do you have?

    vasuderatorrent
    Don't feel bad though. Have you ever seen a conservative fight for the benefit of the extremely wealthy businessman at their own expense? Most of us are helpless victims to the intellectual class. Humans are social creatures. We crave acceptance and a sense of belonging. It's in our genes to be trusting of authorities. It has a survival function.

  8. #48
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

    I'm going to ignore the obvious ridiculousness of the OP and actually try to crazily address it in a serious way...

    If we reach such a point in the United States that overcrowding is leading to significant health and living issues that result in a high mortality rate for all ages due to sickness, lack of resources, and lawlessness running rampant then I could see an attempt to make having additional children a reasonable on to make within the given scope of society.

    That said, such a situation is about as likely to occur as a unicorn leaping out of my ass leaving a rainbow trail

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    The only time that an abortion should ever be "mandatory", i.e. without the woman's express consent, is when she in incapable of both giving and refusing consent (coma or other similar conditions) and the legal next of kin makes the decision.
    You should probably pick the last option. 201-1000 years.

    vasuderatorrent

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: When Should Mandatory Abortions be implemented in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I'm going to ignore the obvious ridiculousness of the OP and actually try to crazily address it in a serious way...

    If we reach such a point in the United States that overcrowding is leading to significant health and living issues that result in a high mortality rate for all ages due to sickness, lack of resources, and lawlessness running rampant then I could see an attempt to make having additional children a reasonable on to make within the given scope of society.

    That said, such a situation is about as likely to occur as a unicorn leaping out of my ass leaving a rainbow trail
    China had an one child only policy for several decades. Abortions were mandatory in China. It might still be that way. This isn't far fetched at all. We already think abortion is ok. It wouldn't be that difficult to implement without controversy. When I say controversy I mean rioting and violence. I am not referring to massive blog post and people holding signs in front of the White House. Government treats this type of protesting as no protesting at all.

    vasuderatorrent

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •