View Poll Results: What is the future of the Republican Party?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Tea Party and the GOP will officially become seperate.

    1 3.70%
  • The GOP will remain as one, but be plauged by infighting.

    16 59.26%
  • The Tea Party will eclipse the GOP and become the norm

    2 7.41%
  • Other (Please explain)

    5 18.52%
  • Cheeseburger apocalypse.

    3 11.11%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: Right Wingers-What is the future of the Republican Party?

  1. #11
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Right Wingers-What is the future of the Republican Party?

    I think the infighting will continue. There really isn't any difference in Republicans and Democrats these days other than the fact that they are fiscally irresponsible with different portions of our gov't. As long as this continues, there will still be a sect of the country that supports the Tea Party. However, the Tea Party can't survive without the money placing that (R) next to their name gets them. So they are kind of stuck together. Regardless of how much press the Tea Party gets it's still a grass roots, district by district movement that needs some sort of financial support. The Republican Party is the only group that can do that for them. In other words, we're screwed.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  2. #12
    Student Hiram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Arkansas
    Last Seen
    12-13-13 @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    209

    Re: Right Wingers-What is the future of the Republican Party?

    O and the left do not govern by the rule of law,,they break the Law to get what they want. O broke the law every time he changed the ACA,,,and he has done it several times with all the exemptions , "He has broken the very Law he stands on!, several times!

    If the Law is broken without any punitive action to reverse it,,,has the system of Democracy not been perverted? Yes! The Grand Lady has been over weighted to one side,,,,,The rule of Law has been negated!

    When the power balance is swayed so far to one side,,,expect an uprising. That uprising is the Tea Party. The Tea Party is the Balance against the Secular Socialist agenda!

  3. #13
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,993

    Re: Right Wingers-What is the future of the Republican Party?

    There will continue to be infighting. There won't be any "split", or more to the point...there won't be any "split" that has any real national relevance. Which side will win out...the "tea party" mentality or the more "establishment" mentality? It's hard ot say. We'll likely see this fight continue for at least the next two to three election cycles before we see a clear progression in one direction or the other.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Right Wingers-What is the future of the Republican Party?

    OTHER: The Republican Party will cease to exist. The Moderate/Centrist members along with many of the Libertarians will end up joining the Democratic Party. A new party, not directly associated with the Tea Party, but instead with actual Conservative Values will spring up, possibly by a combination of some Tea Party members, members of groups like the Constitution Party and other smaller organizations. The new "Conservative" Party will rule itself internally with an iron fist.

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,293

    Re: Right Wingers-What is the future of the Republican Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    There will continue to be infighting. There won't be any "split", or more to the point...there won't be any "split" that has any real national relevance. Which side will win out...the "tea party" mentality or the more "establishment" mentality? It's hard ot say. We'll likely see this fight continue for at least the next two to three election cycles before we see a clear progression in one direction or the other.
    I have to tell ya ... I'm mystified that the Republican Party honchos in the Senate, some in the House, and the talkheads on TV acted like they didn't realize that they were being played by Obama and the Democrats.
    The Dems are scared shtless of Cruz, Lee, the TP, etc. so they had to demonize, demoralize, & neuter them before the 2014 elections.
    Once they got the Pubs to likewise slam their own people the Dems were home free ... now and in the near future.
    You'd think after all this time the Republican Party as a whole would realize that trashing their own and agreeing with the Dems just to get a taste of loving approbation from the media is counterproductive.
    What good is a Party that looks just like other one?

  6. #16
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: Right Wingers-What is the future of the Republican Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    I have to tell ya ... I'm mystified that the Republican Party honchos in the Senate, some in the House, and the talkheads on TV acted like they didn't realize that they were being played by Obama and the Democrats.
    The Dems are scared shtless of Cruz, Lee, the TP, etc. so they had to demonize, demoralize, & neuter them before the 2014 elections.
    Once they got the Pubs to likewise slam their own people the Dems were home free ... now and in the near future.
    You'd think after all this time the Republican Party as a whole would realize that trashing their own and agreeing with the Dems just to get a taste of loving approbation from the media is counterproductive.
    What good is a Party that looks just like other one?
    Very good point! The Pubs act like "babes in the woods" who have no clue about the real world! We know they're not "down and dirty," but now is not the time to eat our own! Dirty politics can also be played with class and humor...Reagan did it!

    Good morning, Bubba.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Right Wingers-What is the future of the Republican Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAdonis View Post
    Gradual slide into irrelevancy as the demographics become more diverse and the populace wises up.
    At which point they stop considering ballots and instead turn to bullets to make themselves heard.

  8. #18
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,993

    Re: Right Wingers-What is the future of the Republican Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    OTHER: The Republican Party will cease to exist. The Moderate/Centrist members along with many of the Libertarians will end up joining the Democratic Party. A new party, not directly associated with the Tea Party, but instead with actual Conservative Values will spring up, possibly by a combination of some Tea Party members, members of groups like the Constitution Party and other smaller organizations. The new "Conservative" Party will rule itself internally with an iron fist.
    Shockingly, someone made a mug depicting the moment this revelation came to Tigger



    I appreciate the "iron fist" comment at the end to give a clear indication of the seriousness of the post. The oppertunity was too good to pass up though

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Right Wingers-What is the future of the Republican Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Shockingly, someone made a mug depicting the moment this revelation came to Tigger
    That revelation came to me a long time ago, Zyphlin. Long before the Tea Party even existed. The Republican Party hasn't had any value in nearly a century.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I appreciate the "iron fist" comment at the end to give a clear indication of the seriousness of the post. The oppertunity was too good to pass up though
    The "iron fist" comment was simply an indication that this new party will be one where principle is expected and not taken lightly.

  10. #20
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,169

    Re: Right Wingers-What is the future of the Republican Party?

    In this "Cheeseburger Apocalypse," will they be bacon cheeseburgers or not?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •