View Poll Results: Koch Brothers...

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Serious threat to American society?

    14 50.00%
  • Big bad made-up boogeyman by the left?

    10 35.71%
  • Other

    4 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Koch Brothers...

  1. #1
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Koch Brothers...

    Koch Brothers...

    - Serious threat to American society?
    - Big bad made-up boogeyman by the left?

    When I say "made up" I'm referring to the threat they allegedly pose, not their physical existence.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #2
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,313

    Re: Koch Brothers...

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Koch Brothers...

    - Serious threat to American society?
    - Big bad made-up boogeyman by the left?
    I will not single them out, but I think in general big money (either private, through corporations, or unions) influences politicians in a way that is just a little shy of bribery and buying votes. (oh, yeah.....I think that is a very very bad thing)

  3. #3
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: Koch Brothers...

    Other...the serious threat to American society is the fact that individuals that amass fortunes have way to much of an impact on dialogue in DC or with the parties. You can control think tanks, influence elections, and have the ear of important people. The Koch Brothers aren't anything special...they are just an example of dysfunctional political system. Ask someone on the right and George Soros is the problem.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  4. #4
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Koch Brothers...

    They should only have two votes, not control millions of far right wing voters minds.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  5. #5
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Koch Brothers...

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Other...the serious threat to American society is the fact that individuals that amass fortunes have way to much of an impact on dialogue in DC or with the parties. You can control think tanks, influence elections, and have the ear of important people. The Koch Brothers aren't anything special...they are just an example of dysfunctional political system. Ask someone on the right and George Soros is the problem.
    Exactly.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,960
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Koch Brothers...

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Other...the serious threat to American society is the fact that individuals that amass fortunes have way to much of an impact on dialogue in DC or with the parties. You can control think tanks, influence elections, and have the ear of important people. The Koch Brothers aren't anything special...they are just an example of dysfunctional political system. Ask someone on the right and George Soros is the problem.
    Exactly and my sentiments are with you. It is the same with the media, those on the left would like to get FOX shut down and those on the right want MSNBC shut down. I wonder what both think of CNN and its overhaul that happen there over the last few years.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  7. #7
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Koch Brothers...

    I dont want to see Fox shut down, I just want them to quit lying and saying they are fair and balanced. They aint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Exactly and my sentiments are with you. It is the same with the media, those on the left would like to get FOX shut down and those on the right want MSNBC shut down. I wonder what both think of CNN and its overhaul that happen there over the last few years.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  8. #8
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Koch Brothers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Exactly and my sentiments are with you. It is the same with the media, those on the left would like to get FOX shut down and those on the right want MSNBC shut down. I wonder what both think of CNN and its overhaul that happen there over the last few years.
    I don't want Fox shut down, I don't mind that they are a conservative network, I just wish they would be honest with who they are and more honest with their content. When they mix real news with dishonest opinion it gets muddled in the stew.

  9. #9
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Koch Brothers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Exactly and my sentiments are with you. It is the same with the media, those on the left would like to get FOX shut down and those on the right want MSNBC shut down. I wonder what both think of CNN and its overhaul that happen there over the last few years.
    I find out new things I believe that I did not know I believed every day here. When did I decide I wanted FOX shut down? Did I have a good reason?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #10
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: Koch Brothers...

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I don't want Fox shut down, I don't mind that they are a conservative network, I just wish they would be honest with who they are and more honest with their content. When they mix real news with dishonest opinion it gets muddled in the stew.
    I guess it might be a problem for those too stupid to understand the difference.

    .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •