View Poll Results: If there was a national vote on equal rights for gays what would you do?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vote Yes - granting equal rights and the right to legal marriage

    133 76.00%
  • Vote No - denying equal rights and banning them from getting legal marriage

    24 13.71%
  • No vote - you simply dont vote at all

    18 10.29%
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 592

Thread: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do [W:72,96,331

  1. #581
    Lean Mean Meme Machine
    Jesse Booth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    https://www.debatepolitics.com
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,759

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) respect is earned. A basic level is given but after that its earned
    2.) well if we were talking about "disagreeing" I guess that would matter but we are not. and in no way was i a jackass lol unless stating facts make me one then i'm guilty as charged
    3.) again thats not why his opinions are meanignless, also notice i called my own meanignless because this isnt about "agreeing" its about facts and what he said was factually wrong and his opinions are 100% meaningless to rights. they dont matter. He is free to have them but they dont matter
    4.) no thanks im good its funny seeing people get upset over facts that prove them wrong because its a trait i simply don't understand since its illogical

    please stay on topic, failed insults wont change his post from being factually wrong, thanks in advance
    I have to say, that's a better comeback than what I expected. Well done. Still full of errors, but we can't be perfect, now can we?
    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    Pepe Booth strikes again.

  2. #582
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Booth View Post
    I have to say, that's a better comeback than what I expected. Well done. Still full of errors, but we can't be perfect, now can we?
    another posts and nothing but deflections and failed insults. Thats what i thought.
    Let us know when you have anythign that matters thanks.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #583
    Lean Mean Meme Machine
    Jesse Booth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    https://www.debatepolitics.com
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,759

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    another posts and nothing but deflections and failed insults. Thats what i thought.
    Let us know when you have anythign that matters thanks.
    You do realize that we're now on a tangent about each others' manners, right? We're on the same side on gay marriage!

    Also, if all I do is deflect the questions, then how come peeka chaka no wookiee boonawa tweepie Solo? Ho ho hoooo.



    Pro SSM: 0
    Anti SSM: 0
    Jabba: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    Pepe Booth strikes again.

  4. #584
    Advisor Tothian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Last Seen
    06-10-17 @ 04:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    553

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    This isn't a matter of rights. This is a matter of belief of definition.

  5. #585
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    1.)This isn't a matter of rights.
    2.)This is a matter of belief of definition.
    1.) false as court cases, rights, and laws already prove
    2.) subjective beliefs dont matter to equal rights
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #586
    Civil Libertarian
    DashingAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    08-31-17 @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,357

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    I don't think marriage should have any legal standing whatsoever.
    If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

  7. #587
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by DashingAmerican View Post
    I don't think marriage should have any legal standing whatsoever.
    What do people not understand about the fact that marriage is the only method of creating the legal family relationship of "spouse", and by extension "inlaws". These legal relationships only exist because the government recognizes them. Heck, "in-laws" even says it right there. It is very little different than a birth certificate or adoption papers establishing the relationships of "parent and child", which is where we get much of our legal relationships from.

    The government providing the marriage license allows easy tracking of spouses and efficient recognition, especially given the laws that allow for many things that would require a whole lot of other costly legal paperwork to already be taken care of automatically (as most who want to be someone else's spouse want) with just that single document. Plus, without marriage, there would be a whole lot more legal cases because so few things would be established by law that each individual case would need to be heard to determine who should get what. It would be a mess. Legal marriage recognition helps to clear that mess up to procedure and established laws.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #588
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    This isn't a matter of rights. This is a matter of belief of definition.
    What kind of 'weight' should that carry in our society? Enough to deprive other people of the benefits and legal protections provided to others by the govt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #589
    Civil Libertarian
    DashingAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    08-31-17 @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,357

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    What do people not understand about the fact that marriage is the only method of creating the legal family relationship of "spouse", and by extension "inlaws". These legal relationships only exist because the government recognizes them. Heck, "in-laws" even says it right there. It is very little different than a birth certificate or adoption papers establishing the relationships of "parent and child", which is where we get much of our legal relationships from.

    The government providing the marriage license allows easy tracking of spouses and efficient recognition, especially given the laws that allow for many things that would require a whole lot of other costly legal paperwork to already be taken care of automatically (as most who want to be someone else's spouse want) with just that single document. Plus, without marriage, there would be a whole lot more legal cases because so few things would be established by law that each individual case would need to be heard to determine who should get what. It would be a mess. Legal marriage recognition helps to clear that mess up to procedure and established laws.
    I'm not saying don't have anything of the sort, but marriage should be a wholly religious thing. I understand what being married legally entails. They should just call it something else. Call it a civil union when people are married legally. I'm saying people should be able to be married religiously without being married legally and be able to be married legally but not necessarily religiously.
    If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

  10. #590
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by DashingAmerican View Post
    I'm not saying don't have anything of the sort, but marriage should be a wholly religious thing. I understand what being married legally entails. They should just call it something else. Call it a civil union when people are married legally. I'm saying people should be able to be married religiously without being married legally and be able to be married legally but not necessarily religiously.
    This is already true hence no need to change anything

    religious marriage and legal marriage have nothing to do with eachother unless the people involved want them too.

    they are completely separate things, religion in fact is meaningless to this topic, its holds zero weight and barring on the discussion of equal rights.
    Last edited by AGENT J; 06-21-14 at 06:40 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •