View Poll Results: If there was a national vote on equal rights for gays what would you do?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vote Yes - granting equal rights and the right to legal marriage

    133 76.00%
  • Vote No - denying equal rights and banning them from getting legal marriage

    24 13.71%
  • No vote - you simply dont vote at all

    18 10.29%
Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 592

Thread: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do [W:72,96,331

  1. #521
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    1.)Oh Jeez...null and void ONLY as far as the government is concerned.
    2.)That does not mean people cannot get married...
    3.)it just means marriage no longer has any meaning to the government.
    4.) Everyone would be legally single.
    5.)People are still free to get married and make any contractual arrangements they want within that marriage.
    6.)You would be able to designate another person (any person) of your choice as your partner for matters of government, military, insurance, next-of-kin...etcetera.
    7.) But you would not have to marry them, just designate them.
    8.) And you could undesignate them any time you wish...like designating a beneficiary in a will or for life insurance.
    9.)So, I will ask again, EXACTLY which Constitutional right is being violated by this?
    1.)which takes away their contract and no longer has the government protecting them which would violate their rights since theres no legal reason to do so.

    what would be your valid legal reason to stop protecting these peoples legals documents?

    2.) good thing I didnt claim that
    3.) and again who protects their marriage contract and all the rights and privileges that come with it?
    4.) so again you would ignore their legal contract. Please see #1
    5.) see #3
    6.) again how would these contracts be protected? who would do this?
    7.) contracts besides marriage already exist. What ones do you plan to make equal to marriage, how and who protects it?
    8.) see #7
    9.) answered muiltiple times now see#1 bold it and highlight it next time wont change the fact it was answered. Trying to add constitutional to it doesnt help either lol

    why do peoples rights not matter to you? what possible justification do you have to violate peoples rights and void their legal contracts?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #522
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.)which takes away their contract and no longer has the government protecting them which would violate their rights since theres no legal reason to do so.

    what would be your valid legal reason to stop protecting these peoples legals documents?

    2.) good thing I didnt claim that
    3.) and again who protects their marriage contract and all the rights and privileges that come with it?
    4.) so again you would ignore their legal contract. Please see #1
    5.) see #3
    6.) again how would these contracts be protected? who would do this?
    7.) contracts besides marriage already exist. What ones do you plan to make equal to marriage, how and who protects it?
    8.) see #7
    9.) answered muiltiple times now see#1 bold it and hilight it next time wont change the fact it was answered.

    why do peoples rights not matter to you? what possible justification do you have to violate peoples rights and void their legal contracts?
    You did not answer the question.

    Which specific right that is in the Constitution/Bill of Rights would be violated.

    Here is the Constitution:

    U.S. Constitution | Constitution | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

    Now please tell me EXACTLY which right would be violated/denied under my plan?


    And who would protect these contracts? The same people that protect any personal contracts between two or more people...civil court.
    You make a contract, set the terms and sign it. If one or both parties violate the contract, take them to civil court.
    Last edited by DA60; 06-16-14 at 03:40 AM.

  3. #523
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    You did not answer the question.

    Which specific right that is in the Constitution/Bill of Rights would be violated.

    Here is the Constitution:

    U.S. Constitution | Constitution | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

    Now please tell me EXACTLY which right would be violated/denied under my plan?
    thats what i thought, facts win again

    YOUR posts are the only ones not answering questions lol

    let us know when you can post answers and let us know when you post support for your strawman.

    already answered you, you have no right to violate their legal contract, ZERO, NONE. If you disagree simply tell us why you can.
    Until you can do his you have nothing.
    can I say your will is void just cause i dont like it? why not?
    cause it violates rights you have no legality to discriminate against them based on your feelings

    your posts can keep dodging this fact but nobody honest and educated will buy it.

    again if you disagree simply teach me a lesson. Prove my statements wrong. Simply point out why you have the right to void their legal contracts and violate their rights.
    Last edited by AGENT J; 06-16-14 at 03:50 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #524
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    And who would protect these contracts? The same people that protect any personal contracts between two or more people...civil court.
    You make a contract, set the terms and sign it. If one or both parties violate the contract, take them to civil court.
    so you want to use the GOVERNMENT in this case but not the government in other cases? why?

    that "solution" is mentally retarded and has no justification or logic to support it. It would create more problems then solve it.

    how do you make a new contract equal to marriage? and why is it ok for GOVERNMENT to be involved in that? lol


    the bottom line is, and everybody sees it, your solution that wouldn't solve anything is just a hidden way to deny gays equal rights.

    Your solution is the adult version of "im taking my ball and going home"
    Last edited by AGENT J; 06-16-14 at 03:51 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #525
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    thats what i thought, facts win again

    YOUR posts are the only one not answering questions lol

    let us know when you are ready to answer and let us know when you can support your strawman.

    already answered you, you have no right to violate their legal contract, ZERO, NONE. If you disagree simply tell us why you can.
    Until you can do his you have nothing.
    can I say you will is void just cause i dont like it? why not? LMAO
    cause it violated their rights you have no legality to discriminate against them based on your feelings

    your posts can keep dodging this fact but nobody honest and educated will buy it.

    again if you disagree simply teach me a lesson. Prove my statements wrong. Simply point out why you have the right to void their legal contracts and violate their rights.
    You typed:

    'so instead of granting equal rights and protecting rights you would choose to further violate peoples rights.'

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1063409194. (Post #515)

    Yet, when pressed, you fail to point out exactly which right from the US Constitution that my idea violates.

    So, your statement is totally baseless and will be treated (by me) accordingly until such time as you find this right that my idea would supposedly violate.

    Please let me know when/if you do.

    Until then, we are done as I have not nearly enough respect for your (IMO) childish debating style to waste my time with you on this...no offense intended.


    Good day.

  6. #526
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    so you want to use the GOVERNMENT in this case but not the government in other cases? why?

    that "solution" is mentally retarded and has no justification or logic to support it. It would create more problems then solve it.

    how do you make a new contract equal to marriage? and why is it ok for GOVERNMENT to be involved in that? lol


    the bottom line is, and everybody sees it, your solution that wouldn't solve anything is just a hidden way to deny gays equal rights.

    Your solution is the adult version of "im taking my ball and going home"
    For the record, I am 100% for gay marriage (under the present system).

    Gays are equal in every way to 'straight' people...why not in marriage?

    And my idea instantly grants them that equality.


    Now....we are done here, for now.


    Good day.

  7. #527
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    You typed:
    1.)'so instead of granting equal rights and protecting rights you would choose to further violate peoples rights.'

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1063409194. (Post #515)

    2.)Yet, when pressed, you fail to point out exactly which right from the US Constitution that my idea violates.
    3.)So, your statement is totally baseless and will be treated (by me) accordingly until such time as you find this right that my idea would supposedly violate.
    4.)Please let me know when/if you do.
    5.)Until then, we are done as I have not nearly enough respect for your (IMO) childish debating style to waste my time with you on this...no offense intended.
    6.)Good day.
    1.) yep i sure did and that fact stands
    2.) because nobody is dumb enough to fall for your strawmen. Quote me saying its in the constitution.
    according to your failed logic and starwman women have no right to not be rapes. I mean I dont read it in the constitution where it sayd women have the right to be free from rape LOL
    Keep trying but the dishonesty in your post will continue to fail and be destroyed lol
    3.) sorry this lie and deflection wont be bought by anybody honest and educated, continuing to dodge the fact will only further expose the failure of your solution and posts
    4.) already did this fact wont change neither will posting lies about it help
    5.) another failed deflection and failed insult instead of supporting your failed claim with any facts
    6.) its a great day because facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #528
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Oh Jeez...null and void ONLY as far as the government is concerned.

    That does not mean people cannot get married...it just means marriage no longer has any meaning to the government. Everyone would be legally single.

    People are still free to get married and make any contractual arrangements they want within that marriage.

    You would be able to designate another person (any person) of your choice as your partner for matters of government, military, insurance, next-of-kin...etcetera.
    But you would not have to marry them, just designate them.
    And you could undesignate them any time you wish...like designating a beneficiary in a will or for life insurance.

    So, I will ask again, EXACTLY which Constitutional right is being violated by this?


    And, to 3)...their marriage 'contract' is strictly that...contractual. It is only legal in a contractual way (like a rent agreement or a employment contract). A personal agreement between two parties.
    The problem is that government has reason to encourage marriage, which is why they added tax breaks for married persons in the first place.

    Eliminating the legal part of it doesn't account for that.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #529
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    1.)For the record, I am 100% for gay marriage (under the present system).
    2.)Gays are equal in every way to 'straight' people...why not in marriage?
    3.)and my idea instantly grants them that equality.
    4.)Now....we are done here, for now.
    5.)Good day.
    1.) NOTHING in your posts supports this statements
    2.) correct this is why they are being granted equal rights
    3.) factually false as already proven. your "idea" would violate their rights and others
    4.) this will always be the case until you can support your failed idea of violating rights
    5.) yes in deed because equality is winning and failed ideas like in your posts are losing.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #530
    Lean Mean Meme Machine
    Jesse Booth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    https://www.debatepolitics.com
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,749

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    One of the biggest arguments against gay marriage is that marriage is a sacred tradition that is supposed to only be between a man and a woman.

    First off, even if that's how marriage was intended to work, it sure as hell isn't sacred any more. Half of all marriages end in divorce, and half of all couples living together are unmarried. Also, there are countless different variations of marriages, with the only common characteristic between them being a government-recognized contract. As marriage can be based on any religion, or even be a purely secular contract, I really don't see the big deal in letting gender no longer apply to the terms.
    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    Pepe Booth strikes again.

Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •