View Poll Results: If there was a national vote on equal rights for gays what would you do?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vote Yes - granting equal rights and the right to legal marriage

    133 76.00%
  • Vote No - denying equal rights and banning them from getting legal marriage

    24 13.71%
  • No vote - you simply dont vote at all

    18 10.29%
Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 592

Thread: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do [W:72,96,331

  1. #41
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Kind of weighted the poll choices there, J. Might as well have added "because you're a homophobic douchebag" to the second option.
    If the shoe fits.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #42
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    What would happen if a white guy born in the Congo referred to himself as an African American?
    he would get some funny looks but he would be totally accurate.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #43
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    not sure what you think i implied? its accurate for what would be the case

    but to try and answer you, the third option gives you the way out

    for people that simply find themselves in a moral dilemma they simply dont vote which is the right thing to do in this case especially as an american.
    So people should not vote their conscience to be "good Americans"? You know what, people's political actions are always influenced by there own system of morality. You don't think environmentalists try to get laws passed forcing their morality onto others? Happens all the time. I'm curious what makes you the arbiter of which beliefs are valid to act on and which aren't.

  4. #44
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    1.)I honestly think it's possible based on recent cases, so call me whatever name you want.
    2.) I don't think any of that is a strong enough reason to deny SSM rights, but I'd like you all to stop acting like nobody rational would have that concern, but obviously that's not possible.
    3.) I believe in freedom of religion .
    4.) So fvcking sue me.
    1.) theres no logic that supports that.

    the recent cases you are referring to are night and day, apples and oranges. Hell its apples and coconuts. they arent even in the same galaxy as law, rights and precedence.

    in the cases you are talkgin about it was a public access business breakign the law and illegal discriminating.

    none of that fits the CHURCH and they church already does this every day.

    SO yes on that one issue id have to label you a conspiracy theorist. If you can give me one, just ONE logical reason why you think it could happen ill but it.

    2.) IMO i dont think its a rational concern, but i woulnd use it as a tool to deem one an irrational person in general, those are two very different things.

    3.) me too and its something id fight for just as hard as equal right and thats the point. Equal rights for gays doesnt put freedom of religion in danger any more than anything else.

    4.) nah you havent broken any laws or violated any rights
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #45
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    If the shoe fits.
    Thank you. That's added so much. I totally see now why even giving the issue some thought is completely wrong.

  6. #46
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I disagree that to be a good Christian (or whatever) religion should have absolutely zero impact on your life or way of thinking.

    thats good because i didnt say that at all, not even close
    i never said ZERO or referred to "life" and "way of thinking"

    please focuse on what i said
    i said

    the best citizens and politicians can separate their morals/religion from issues like these. Especially americans should be able to if they understand the country.

    as in voting for equal rights
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #47
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) theres no logic that supports that.

    the recent cases you are referring to are night and day, apples and oranges. Hell its apples and coconuts. they arent even in the same galaxy as law, rights and precedence.

    in the cases you are talkgin about it was a public access business breakign the law and illegal discriminating.

    none of that fits the CHURCH and they church already does this every day.

    SO yes on that one issue id have to label you a conspiracy theorist. If you can give me one, just ONE logical reason why you think it could happen ill but it.

    2.) IMO i dont think its a rational concern, but i woulnd use it as a tool to deem one an irrational person in general, those are two very different things.

    3.) me too and its something id fight for just as hard as equal right and thats the point. Equal rights for gays doesnt put freedom of religion in danger any more than anything else.

    4.) nah you havent broken any laws or violated any rights
    Really don't know if I give a **** about what you think of me any more.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Obviously you understood my point so I'll address this to you. I've seen it said a number of times that people opposed to gay marriage should simply not participate in one (which, btw, I think is a fair statement). How is it justifiable to then support actually legally forcing someone who doesn't want to, to participate?
    It's just public accommodations logic. They feel that if you get a certain kind of business license that you lose all rights to association, labor, property, and religious rights. They don't really care that people don't consent to do business with certain people because apparently those business owners don't have any human rights. They don't find anything wrong with forced association and forced fraternity. They think that is how you actually protect the rights of people.
    Last edited by Henrin; 10-18-13 at 02:23 AM.

  9. #49
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    1.)So people should not vote their conscience to be "good Americans"?
    2.) You know what, people's political actions are always influenced by there own system of morality.
    3.) You don't think environmentalists try to get laws passed forcing their morality onto others? Happens all the time.
    4.) I'm curious what makes you the arbiter of which beliefs are valid to act on and which aren't.
    1.) no if it violates rights and deny others the same freedoms and rights they have
    if i think blacks, women and jews are evil, NO i should not vote based on that.

    if they do they are completely ignorant hypocrites who totally dont get what this county is about.

    2.) "influenced" yes
    but should never be ruled by especially if the direction goes agaisnt the law, rights, freedom and constitution etc

    3.) im sure they do but do those things violate the legal, human and civil rights of others? do they go against the law? do they empower bigotry and discrimination?
    if so they are wrong too and should do it that way

    4.) already given you what makes it valid or at least a general "guide" and it has nothing to do with me and you keep ignoring them.
    laws, freedoms, rights, (human, legal and civil) the constitution etc. How do you even come to the conclusion it has to do with me? or its me deciding?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #50
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Really don't know if I give a **** about what you think of me any more.
    thats fine if you feel this way not sure why you feel so judge, i still have nothing but good things to think about you, do you some how think differently? Not askign if you care im asking how you come to the conclusion that i think bad of you?

    just because i think you think its possible for a church to be forced is illogical doesnt mean anything but that

    You have a though that i think is illogical, so what, im sure you could say the same about me and even people you love/family? what does that mean?

    why is this such an emotional thing for you? where do you think i am judging "you" at? and that its offensive?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •