View Poll Results: If there was a national vote on equal rights for gays what would you do?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vote Yes - granting equal rights and the right to legal marriage

    133 76.00%
  • Vote No - denying equal rights and banning them from getting legal marriage

    24 13.71%
  • No vote - you simply dont vote at all

    18 10.29%
Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 592

Thread: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do [W:72,96,331

  1. #31
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Are illegal alien homosexuals who were married in Mexico before illegally crossing the US border recognized in case law as well?

    only if they are nonbiological step cousins, twice removed who are white, were born in africa and then gain citizenship here technically making them African americans.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #32
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,017

    re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    only if they are nonbiological step cousins, twice removed who are white, were born in africa and then gain citizenship here technically making them African americans.
    What would happen if a white guy born in the Congo referred to himself as an African American?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #33
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) well first that has nothign to do with the first amendment and churches, 2nd the same thing has happened with many other forms of illegal discriminaiton. if gays did exist those people breaking the law and violating rights would still happen.

    2.) they mean plenty until you break the law or violate the rights of others just like ever other right

    3.) again the constitution make it so and again if gays never excists churches ALREADY discriminate and its legal to do as a church. They already turn away straight couples, interracial couples, minority couples and couples simply not religious enough now. They have that right and i support it.

    so if you have any fears about that, you should already have them NOW, because nothing would change. Church is not a public business.
    Religion only goes so far, its the same reason st lukes hospital cant deny me spouse rights or visitation if i was married under jewish religion or by a singing Elvis, their right to religion and discrimination only goes so far. In the public realm you have to play by public rules.

    4.) of course not, "asking" is fine lol
    and i dont really believe you think that a CHURCH will get sued and be forced to do a marriage.
    if you do i have to ask WHY? theres absolutely no logic behind it. Heck it was just this summer that church denied a black couple and that was they church they go to. Nothing happened but a news story because there is no legal ground to force a church to marry anybody.

    if but to answer your question if you honestly think its possible then yes on THIS issue i would have to label you that.

    also be clear, in not saying retards might not TRY lol but like the others they will fail.
    I honestly think it's possible based on recent cases, so call me whatever name you want. I don't think any of that is a strong enough reason to deny SSM rights, but I'd like you all to stop acting like nobody rational would have that concern, but obviously that's not possible. I believe in freedom of religion . So fvcking sue me.

  4. #34
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,369

    re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    If two gay people want to marry, it has zero impact on your day to day life.

    Really...it does not affect you, unless you are the type of person that lets someones happiness make you unhappy.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  5. #35
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    For most people who are in opposition, it is a matter of sincerely held religious beliefs. You might have difficulty understanding that since most of your positions do not seem all that sincere.
    yep, you are correct

    this is way i said his definition definitely needs expanded on.

    but the the best citizens and politicians can separate their morals/religion from issues like these. Especially americans should be able to if they understand the country.

    My religion could never lead me to stop others from having the same rights as me. Its basically like the Pope said. He doesnt endorse gays getting "religiously" married but he certainly doest think they should be denied the same human, legal and civil rights as others.

    If theres an religious issue at hand its between them and god.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    WOW

    thank you for making a completely failed post so fast, i thought it go at least to page two

    translation: you are deflecting and cant read the OP
    also the fact is there are currently laws and case precedence court rulings that make marriage and gay marriage a right.
    SCOTUS as determined it to be a right 14 times.

    now instead of deflecting, going off topic and ignoring facts feel free to vote or continue exposing your failed post.
    can you please give a link showing that a court or law has said marriage is a right ive looked and the cases ive read about marriage was about equal treatment under the law and anti discrimination

  7. #37
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    No, I have no doubt that opponents of gay rights are sincere in their bigotry.
    even when you almost get it right you get it wrong guy, your posting record is stunning
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #38
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    I've looked only thing I have found is equal treatment under the law but nothing saying marriage is a right granted under the law
    so until some one can give a link showing there is a law giving the right to marriage this thread is pointless
    another failure, please keep the streak going
    fact remains its a right and its a law many places
    fact also remains in the OP i said fantasy and i said not to wast time using failed arguments.
    your post is like a quadruple failure.
    you lose to facts again, your mistake.


    lets use a similar mentally retard failed argument, until somebody can show me where it says you have the right not to be raped i say it pointless charging people with that crime. i have a right to happiness, rape makes me happy and theres not right saying you cant be raped! <end sarcasm>
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #39
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    yep, you are correct

    this is way i said his definition definitely needs expanded on.

    but the the best citizens and politicians can separate their morals/religion from issues like these. Especially americans should be able to if they understand the country.

    My religion could never lead me to stop others from having the same rights as me. Its basically like the Pope said. He doesnt endorse gays getting "religiously" married but he certainly doest think they should be denied the same human, legal and civil rights as others.

    If theres an religious issue at hand its between them and god.
    I disagree that to be a good Christian (or whatever) religion should have absolutely zero impact on your life or way of thinking.

  10. #40
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    How did adding the third option change what you implied in the second?
    not sure what you think i implied? its accurate for what would be the case

    but to try and answer you, the third option gives you the way out

    for people that simply find themselves in a moral dilemma they simply dont vote which is the right thing to do in this case especially as an american.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •