View Poll Results: If there was a national vote on equal rights for gays what would you do?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vote Yes - granting equal rights and the right to legal marriage

    133 76.00%
  • Vote No - denying equal rights and banning them from getting legal marriage

    24 13.71%
  • No vote - you simply dont vote at all

    18 10.29%
Page 36 of 60 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 592

Thread: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do [W:72,96,331

  1. #351
    Student Hiram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Arkansas
    Last Seen
    12-13-13 @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    209

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do [W:72,96

    Gay Marriage has nothing to do with the Constitution unless liberty and happiness of Gay Marriage has a economic or other major toll on taxpayers and their own pursuit of the same liberty? Taxes and subsidizing Gay Marriage is not a decision made by a State in fairness to all unless a vote is taken. You know actually,,,,Marriage itself may be further denigrated by Gay Marriages in the future??? With DOMA knocked down,,how will Marriage fair in the legal future in the Long term? You see it is very complicated without a nationwide consensus by voter approval. The whole issue will become even more complicated by the acceptance of Gay Marriage in the SCOTUS without a definition of what is and is not except able Marriage! Yes,,,,,,I can see some wanting to Marry their Siblings or Brothers etc. I mean leave the deviance out of the argument and for the sake of benefits,,,If two Brothers were elderly and desired to get married so the longer living brother would get his SS,,,,what is the difference?

  2. #352
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do [W:72,96

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Gay Marriage has nothing to do with the Constitution
    It does when you consider that marriage is primarily a religious institution. It's what we call it when people legally live together, as a team. Why? It's just a partnership. Either way, gay people do the same thing. So it's either straight and gay marriage or it's straight and gay partnerships.

    Which do you want?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  3. #353
    Student Hiram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Arkansas
    Last Seen
    12-13-13 @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    209

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72,

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    More states allow cousins to marry than gay couples. Not much of a slippery slope when it's the other way around.
    Well I think for the sake of support you have approved of a the so called slippery slope that will get much slicker and more complicated without definitions of what is except able as far what is a legal union? I mean the list can go on and on of what SHOULD be but the Taxpayer subsidizing the SS system where your argument will lose ground. Regardless of the SCOTUS,,,,Marriage must have a legal definition for the future and Gay Marriage has complicated what Marriage really is from a legal standpoint.

  4. #354
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do [W:72,96

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Gay Marriage has nothing to do with the Constitution unless liberty and happiness of Gay Marriage has a economic or other major toll on taxpayers and their own pursuit of the same liberty? Taxes and subsidizing Gay Marriage is not a decision made by a State in fairness to all unless a vote is taken. You know actually,,,,Marriage itself may be further denigrated by Gay Marriages in the future??? With DOMA knocked down,,how will Marriage fair in the legal future in the Long term? You see it is very complicated without a nationwide consensus by voter approval. The whole issue will become even more complicated by the acceptance of Gay Marriage in the SCOTUS without a definition of what is and is not except able Marriage! Yes,,,,,,I can see some wanting to Marry their Siblings or Brothers etc. I mean leave the deviance out of the argument and for the sake of benefits,,,If two Brothers were elderly and desired to get married so the longer living brother would get his SS,,,,what is the difference?
    What is the difference between that scenario and an infertile, loveless hetero couple marrying for SS? What's to stop brother and sister from doing that? You keep saying it's not about "less than" but there are so many holes that could just as easily apply to a hetero couple, or even a gay guy and lesbian marrying each other for tax benefits. Explain how DOMA allowing 5% of the population to marry will destroy the legal foundation of marriage altogether.

  5. #355
    Student Hiram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Arkansas
    Last Seen
    12-13-13 @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    209

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do [W:72,96

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    It does when you consider that marriage is primarily a religious institution. It's what we call it when people legally live together, as a team. Why? It's just a partnership. Either way, gay people do the same thing. So it's either straight and gay marriage or it's straight and gay partnerships.

    Which do you want?
    I think they want the money and benefits of SS mostly! They call it equal rights but I think that is what they use as an excuse to get the money. I mean really,,,does money define love? I think if it did,,,,,that would be a very superficial union!

  6. #356
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do [W:72,96

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I think they want the money and benefits of SS mostly! They call it equal rights but I think that is what they use as an excuse to get the money. I mean really,,,does money define love? I think if it did,,,,,that would be a very superficial union!
    Okay, then they'll have a superficial union just like lots of hetero couples.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  7. #357
    Student Hiram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Arkansas
    Last Seen
    12-13-13 @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    209

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do [W:72,96

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    What is the difference between that scenario and an infertile, loveless hetero couple marrying for SS? What's to stop brother and sister from doing that? You keep saying it's not about "less than" but there are so many holes that could just as easily apply to a hetero couple, or even a gay guy and lesbian marrying each other for tax benefits. Explain how DOMA allowing 5% of the population to marry will destroy the legal foundation of marriage altogether.
    I think it snowball into more than 5% in the future if allowed to continue. Yes I do see a problem because SS was not intended for Brothers to get married and draw on their Brother,,it was intended for Husband and Wife.

    The whole idea of getting a piece of pie is based on there being a Pie to get a slice from,,with everybody no matter the sex and no matter the Consanguinity eating Pie,,,there will soon none left for anyone,,,,see the perpetual becoming a stop sign?

  8. #358
    Student Hiram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Arkansas
    Last Seen
    12-13-13 @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    209

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do [W:72,96

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Okay, then they'll have a superficial union just like lots of hetero couples.
    But,,,,Marriage is not based on the taxpayer base and legality longevity of superficial love! It is based on how much the two contribute in the form of taxation and wealth distribution to THEIR future. You see with the Gay Marriage SS drain,,,,,,,it will burden an already very weak and likely unsustainable system. I think to the tune of billions added each year for those who have not paid in what the Historical Marriage definition has contributed in the past to sustain it.

  9. #359
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do [W:72,96

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I think they want the money and benefits of SS mostly! They call it equal rights but I think that is what they use as an excuse to get the money. I mean really,,,does money define love? I think if it did,,,,,that would be a very superficial union!
    So why you can't you make the same accusation of hetero couples? They just marry for SS etc.

  10. #360
    Student Hiram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Arkansas
    Last Seen
    12-13-13 @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    209

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do [W:72,96

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    So why you can't you make the same accusation of hetero couples? They just marry for SS etc.
    But,,,,,they have paid yes?

Page 36 of 60 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •