View Poll Results: If there was a national vote on equal rights for gays what would you do?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vote Yes - granting equal rights and the right to legal marriage

    133 76.00%
  • Vote No - denying equal rights and banning them from getting legal marriage

    24 13.71%
  • No vote - you simply dont vote at all

    18 10.29%
Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 592

Thread: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do [W:72,96,331

  1. #311
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72,

    Frankly, I do not find the "because other countries/areas/states are doing it" argument at all telling, on either side of the issue.

    What I do consider important is that I cannot personally think of any reason to prevent it.

    "because we didn't before" is just dumb.
    "because god says no" is unconstitutional.
    "because I don't like it" is bigoted.
    "because marriage isn't same sex" is also dumb...You can't use one current definition of a word/idea to prove the argument for changing that definition wrong. That's just insane.

    In short, while some lingering dislike for the idea exists in my mind, there is no legit reason to prevent it.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #312
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72,

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    what is this a list of?
    Good places to vacation.

    vasuderatorrent

  3. #313
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72,

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Good places to vacation.

    vasuderatorrent
    They seem rather to vie with Turkey for most puritanical developed areas on the planet. Quite an impressive list of enlightened populations.

  4. #314
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72,

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Good places to vacation.

    vasuderatorrent
    thats what i thought because it most certainly wasnt and answer to the question i asked.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #315
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72,

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    thanks for your answer but you don't have to be convinced, on THIS issue those are the facts.

    I question is only about one issue its not a blanket label.
    The problem is that you don't leave room for honest disagreement about the proper roll of marriage in society. There is no fact that suggests that disapproval of gay marriage is an equivalent to disapproval of equal rights.

  6. #316
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72,

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    1.)The problem is that you don't leave room for honest disagreement about the proper roll of marriage in society.
    2.) There is no fact that suggests that disapproval of gay marriage is an equivalent to disapproval of equal rights.
    1.) thats not a problem at all because people subjective opinion of the roll of marriage is meaningless to rights and equality since its a contract.
    tell me why your subjective opinion or my subjective opinion has any meaning what so ever to peoples rights, the law and equality?

    theres no honest disagreement to be had for "LEGAL" marriage

    if you can give me on good reason our opinions matter to others rights ill discuss it

    2.) correct because thats not what i said at all

    "disapproving" of it is absolutely fine by me

    but if you vote to stop it and deny it from others that is factually against equal rights

    please dont put words in my posts thats arent there i have made many many posts saying people are free to preach, teach, feel, say, think its wrong and i would defend thats right but actively STOPPING it is against equal rights, theres no way around that fact.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #317
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72,

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    The problem is that you don't leave room for honest disagreement about the proper roll of marriage in society. There is no fact that suggests that disapproval of gay marriage is an equivalent to disapproval of equal rights.
    IMO, the proper role of marriage in society is to create stable family units mainly for the purpose of raising children in good environments, but secondarily to create more financial stability.

    Letting gay couples marry does not, so far as I can tell, affect this role in any negative way.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #318
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72,

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) thats not a problem at all because people subjective opinion of the roll of marriage is meaningless to rights and equality since its a contract.
    tell me why your subjective opinion or my subjective opinion has any meaning what so ever to peoples rights, the law and equality?

    theres no honest disagreement to be had for "LEGAL" marriage

    2.) correct because thats not what i said at all

    "disapproving" of it is absolutely fine by me

    but if you vote to stop it and deny it from others that is factually against equal rights

    please dont put words in my posts thats arent there i have made many many posts saying people are free to preach, teach, feel, say, think its wrong and i would defend thats right but actively STOPPING it is against equal rights, theres no way around that fact.
    Despite what you may believe, in many states and in many types of contracts, not all parties may legally enter into said contracts. Unequal treatment doesn't always mean a violation of equal rights.

    If you agree that one may disapprove, but may not vote to disapprove. You have removed right of conscience within the vote, not good.

  9. #319
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72,

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    1.)Despite what you may believe, in many states and in many types of contracts, not all parties may legally enter into said contracts. Unequal treatment doesn't always mean a violation of equal rights.

    2.) If you agree that one may disapprove, but may not vote to disapprove. You have removed right of conscience within the vote, not good.
    1.) good thing i never said that then, any other strawmen you want to use?
    2.) wrong again, i didnt question their right TO VOTE i simply identified what the vote factually means. Another failed strawman

    you are totally free to vote to turn all women and blacks in to slaves that doesn't change the fact its racist, misogynistic, discriminatory and not for equal rights

    ALso so you know

    philosophically the roll of marriage is interesting to me and worthy of subjective discussion but not in this thread, its meanignless to legal marriage
    Last edited by AGENT J; 10-22-13 at 12:08 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #320
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72,

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    when the bad guys are losing facts and reality never gets old, its awesome

    most Americans want equal rights for their fellow citizens comrade you are simply not among them and your views support discrimination..
    I am for equal rights to and I believe you already have them....I have said this over and over again but as usual you are not listening and just throwing out you stale homophobe and bigot names when I am neither. Call your hook up whatever you want but don't try and redefine marriage.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •