View Poll Results: If there was a national vote on equal rights for gays what would you do?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vote Yes - granting equal rights and the right to legal marriage

    133 76.00%
  • Vote No - denying equal rights and banning them from getting legal marriage

    24 13.71%
  • No vote - you simply dont vote at all

    18 10.29%
Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 592

Thread: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do [W:72,96,331

  1. #151
    Guru
    brothern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,175
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72,

    ... is someone deleting poll results? Holy crap, it's a LANDSLIDE in favor of allowing gay men and women to marry their significant others.

  2. #152
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Yes, it does. And the truth needs to be told: opposition to gay rights is bigotry.

    It is moral cowardice to shy away from speaking the truth in this matter simply to be diplomatic. The opponents of gay rights do not deserve to be treated with kid gloves. Their anti-gay attitudes are not worthy of respect.
    You don't have to respect them but it depends on your goal. If you go around calling them all bigots, it's not likely to win them over. Of course, you might not care to convince them of anything since gay rights is pretty inevitable at this point and some are just not at all open to convincing.

  3. #153
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,937
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72,

    I have been military all my life, 20 years active, 26 working for the army as a civilian. Those folks from Mississippi would be astounded to walk into any PX and see all the interracial married folks and then a lot of their kids also marrying inter-racially. I would say those in the military or who have served, especially overseas are not as hung up on this racial thing as civilians as a whole. But that may need a caveat. I'd say civilians who stay close to home all their lives and never been out to see the real world. Mississippi folks ought to visit Atlanta. I like Atlanta's motto before they changed it last year or the year before last. The city too busy to hate. I live about 30 miles south of Atlanta.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  4. #154
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72,

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Ok for some fantasy reason there's going to be a national vote on equal rights for gays.

    Save me all the failed arguments that its not equal rights or it should be left to the states or the government should be out of it all together blah blah blah nonsense, thats in other threads. This is simply about how YOU would vote if this happened.

    and yes for the conspiracy theorist out there we will waste time and double down on the first amendment and say of course churches cant be forced to do these legal marriages, even though it has nothing to do with them anyway and this already cant happen.

    so there it is, its voting time, what do you do.

    Yes - you think gays should have equal rights and the right to legal marriage
    No - you dont think they should have equal rights and you want them banned from getting legal marriage.
    No vote - you stay home and dont vote at all
    I voted yes, because as another poster pointed out, why should heterosexuals be the only ones who are miserable?

    Greetings, Agent J.

  5. #155
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    1.)The poll questions are biased and misleading.
    2.) Voting against SSM ins't voting against equal rights.
    3.) Voting for a federal overhaul on marriage invalidating the state constitutions that do not recognize SSM is the violation of equality with the rights of those states and voters being stomped on.
    4.) I would vote no for a national vote on "equal rights" as far as "equal rights" meaning forcing a definition of marriage upon everyone and among states that do not recognize that definition.
    5.) I am voting for equal rights, not against them.
    1.) nope they are based on facts, court cases, laws, rights and precedence.
    2.) yes it factually is, again based on laws, rights (legal, human and civil), court cases and precedence
    3.) see #2 this argument always fails, it gets destroyed but all the other like cases before it and the cases being decided now, voters arent being stomped on in any way what so ever this strawman fallacy always loses the same way voters werent stomped on for minority/womens rights and interracial marriage and the defeated argument that this is different also never wins.
    4.) nothing is being "forced" equality will is being granted and protected
    5.) you are free to tell yourself this cute fantasy story if you like but all the facts are against you.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #156
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Food for thought.

    Gay couple to sue Church over gay marriage opt-out | Trending Central

    Yes, I know, it's England and nothing that happens in England would ever occur in the US.
    It says right in the article the church and state are linked in England...is there even any other way to marry but thru the church, or can they go to the local clerk's office? That might have something to do with it.

  7. #157
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72,

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    1.)I voted yes, because as another poster pointed out, why should heterosexuals be the only ones who are miserable?

    2.)Greetings, Agent J.
    1.) good point lol
    2.)greetings
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #158
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72,

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    If this was a national I would probably stay home because of the views on the subject.
    If this was just Georgia and did not effect any other state, I would vote yes.

    Although I have no problem with gays marrying one another, I also feel the national or federal government should not be in the business of determining, telling everyone in the U.S. who can or who can"t be married. that should be between the two who get married. Georgia right does not allow it, but any gay couple in the state of Georgia can go to one of what, 13 or there about states and get married. As time goes by more and more states are recognizing gay marriage.
    So you would be totally fine with re-instating state bans on interracial marriage?

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72,

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    So you would be totally fine with re-instating state bans on interracial marriage?
    I have no problem with interracial marriage, but that's mostly because most women who marry black men are very much not my type.

  10. #160
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,937
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72,

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    So you would be totally fine with re-instating state bans on interracial marriage?
    Must be living in the 50's here or earlier. Can you name me one state that would vote to re-institute interracial marriages? As Agent J just pointed out probably the only state that might come close to doing that is Mississippi and it would fail there. Good luck on trying to interracial marriages brought back.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •