View Poll Results: If there was a national vote on equal rights for gays what would you do?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vote Yes - granting equal rights and the right to legal marriage

    133 76.00%
  • Vote No - denying equal rights and banning them from getting legal marriage

    24 13.71%
  • No vote - you simply dont vote at all

    18 10.29%
Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 592

Thread: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do [W:72,96,331

  1. #101
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Yes, with this issue, the shoe fits. A political position that is rooted in hate and bigotry is just that.
    X-factor's political positions are not based on hatred or bigotry,and he is certainly not a douchebag.

    I am as outspoken against homophobia as anybody, but I am able to distinguish between homophobic bigotry and differences of opinions as to particulars. Perhaps you should learn this as well.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    there needs to be a third option and it is to have government stop recognizing marriage all together.
    have everyone gay or straight sign a contract of civil union and that contract and only that contract is recognized under the eyes of the law
    let the title of marriage be in the hands of the religious institutions to decide who it applies to

  3. #103
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Food for thought.

    Gay couple to sue Church over gay marriage opt-out | Trending Central

    Yes, I know, it's England and nothing that happens in England would ever occur in the US.
    well not only that their government, rights and laws are a different system AND and this is the most important part, many people have already tried to sue "churches" for discrimination and already failed. Until the constitution goes away theres just about no danger in "churches" being forced
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #104
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    X-factor's political positions are not based on hatred or bigotry,and he is certainly not a douchebag.

    I am as outspoken against homophobia as anybody, but I am able to distinguish between homophobic bigotry and differences of opinions as to particulars. Perhaps you should learn this as well.
    this part i have to agree with
    not to mention he is fine with equal rights o he didnt vote that way anyway
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #105
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Food for thought.

    Gay couple to sue Church over gay marriage opt-out | Trending Central

    Yes, I know, it's England and nothing that happens in England would ever occur in the US.
    I can ruin your argument simply and with ease. I support same sex marriage. I do not support forcing churches to perform same sex marriages. Supporting same sex marriage does not mean supporting churches being forced to marry those couples.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #106
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    1.)there needs to be a third option and it is to have government stop recognizing marriage all together.
    have everyone gay or straight sign a contract of civil union and that contract and only that contract is recognized under the eyes of the law
    let the title of marriage be in the hands of the religious institutions to decide who it applies to
    translation: you have ZERO problem with government just the word marriage

    there are about 1200 federal rights and protections im granted along based on the marriage contract and government factually needs to protect those, government will always be involved one way or another, if its not this ONE contract it will be 20 others trying to equate to it and falling short making less protection for me and my family.

    civil unions are factually not equal and legal marriage has nothing to do with religion, bringing up religion on this topic is meaningless.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #107
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    there needs to be a third option and it is to have government stop recognizing marriage all together.
    have everyone gay or straight sign a contract of civil union and that contract and only that contract is recognized under the eyes of the law
    let the title of marriage be in the hands of the religious institutions to decide who it applies to

    So "Civil Unions" apply to everyone.

    Anyone can then go to a religious organization and get "married".

    There are religious organizations that marry same-sex couples and there are religious organizations that marry only different-sex couples.

    In the end everyone still has the option for the title Civil Union and Religious Marriage.




    Don't see the difference.

    (But then Civil Marriage and Religious Marriage aren't the same thing.)



    >>>>

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: you have ZERO problem with government just the word marriage

    there are about 1200 federal rights and protections im granted along based on the marriage contract and government factually needs to protect those, government will always be involved one way or another, if its not this ONE contract it will be 20 others trying to equate to it and falling short making less protection for me and my family.

    civil unions are factually not equal and legal marriage has nothing to do with religion, bringing up religion on this topic is meaningless.
    and have those 1200 federal rights that where applied to the title of marriage only apply to the contract of civil union

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    So "Civil Unions" apply to everyone.

    Anyone can then go to a religious organization and get "married".

    There are religious organizations that marry same-sex couples and there are religious organizations that marry only different-sex couples.

    In the end everyone still has the option for the title Civil Union and Religious Marriage.




    Don't see the difference.

    (But then Civil Marriage and Religious Marriage aren't the same thing.)



    >>>>
    it solves the problem from both sides
    gays get the rights they want and the anti-gay marriage crowd are not forced by law to recognize the title of marriage on same sex couples because now there is no legal recognition of the title of marriage

  10. #110
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: If there was a National Vote on Equal rights for gays, what would you do. [W:72,

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Ok for some fantasy reason there's going to be a national vote on equal rights for gays.

    Save me all the failed arguments that its not equal rights or it should be left to the states or the government should be out of it all together blah blah blah nonsense, thats in other threads. This is simply about how YOU would vote if this happened.

    and yes for the conspiracy theorist out there we will waste time and double down on the first amendment and say of course churches cant be forced to do these legal marriages, even though it has nothing to do with them anyway and this already cant happen.

    so there it is, its voting time, what do you do.

    Yes - you think gays should have equal rights and the right to legal marriage
    No - you dont think they should have equal rights and you want them banned from getting legal marriage.
    No vote - you stay home and dont vote at all
    Define equal rights.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •