View Poll Results: What does disability mean and who should get it?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • It means unmanagable pain and those people should get it

    9 25.00%
  • It means one might get a chance to retire early and play

    2 5.56%
  • It is another way to fleece taxpayers and no one should get it

    2 5.56%
  • who cares, it is unmanagable

    0 0%
  • who cares, it is insignificant expenditure for the US

    1 2.78%
  • It should be completely overhauled, re-written, and inspected for cheaters

    26 72.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 580

Thread: What does disability mean to you and who qualifies?

  1. #31
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: What does disability mean to you and who qualifies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Was he by himself or possibly have a disable passenger. It doesn't have to be the driver that disabled.
    Wasn't it Larry the Cable Guy that had a joke about that?

    It is like someone complaining because someone like my aunt is loading stuff into her van parked in a handicap spot about how she's not disabled, and then behind her comes my uncle, a quadriplegic in a wheelchair or perhaps she was dropping him off somewhere (for being quadriplegic, he's pretty independent) while she "runs" errands in the area. It's like people simply assume they are seeing the whole picture just because they see a snapshot.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #32
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: What does disability mean to you and who qualifies?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Wasn't it Larry the Cable Guy that had a joke about that?

    It is like someone complaining because someone like my aunt is loading stuff into her van parked in a handicap spot about how she's not disabled, and then behind her comes my uncle, a quadriplegic in a wheelchair or perhaps she was dropping him off somewhere (for being quadriplegic, he's pretty independent) while she "runs" errands in the area. It's like people simply assume they are seeing the whole picture just because they see a snapshot.
    Okay but if she's running errands while he's not with her, hence his mobility isn't an issue, she should, imo, park normally.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  3. #33
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What does disability mean to you and who qualifies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    no it is correct, they are milking the system
    Are you a doctor who has examined the person? If not your uneducated opinion is irrelevant.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: What does disability mean to you and who qualifies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Not really relevant, since I wasn't talking about you or anything you learned in college.

    We're talking about some guy who isn't going to able to retrain as The Computer Guy, and who is too physically limited to do those jobs he's qualified for.
    why should people only be considered good for one career? That right there is one of the higher cost of business when a union is involved. Some of the contracts state that they can home if the machine they are assigned goes down and can't be fixed in an hour. There is NO logical reason someone can't learn a new job. It would be cheaper to retrain that pay them to sit at home and drain our already fragile economy

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: What does disability mean to you and who qualifies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Are you a doctor who has examined the person? If not your uneducated opinion is irrelevant.
    I guess it doesn't, I have turned two in so far this year and both lost their benefits, there will be more

  6. #36
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: What does disability mean to you and who qualifies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Okay but if she's running errands while he's not with her, hence his mobility isn't an issue, she should, imo, park normally.
    I'm saying more along the lines of she leaves him at a Starbucks or other restaurant while she grocery shops and does other things in that same place/area. That's what I was trying to say with the quotes around run. Basically, not moving the car, just returning to it because she has many things going on. She shouldn't have to move it just because she might be coming back to it without my uncle.

    I agree that if they don't have someone with them when they drive to park, then they shouldn't park there. But then it would also depend on whether the person will be picking the handicapped person up too.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: What does disability mean to you and who qualifies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Except to me, you'd just be some non-disabled yahoo who came across a newsletter once some years ago and thinks they know what they are talking about. There's no shortage of local morons who think they actually know something. It's happened to me quite often.

    You haven't access to my medical records, you have no expertise, no professional qualifications, and you run up in people's business telling them they aren't disabled when most of the time they are. They don't have to explain themselves to you, but you think they do, because you read something once.
    If you are biking, boating, and mowing your yard while working cash jobs and drawing disability, you are a ****ing fraud......PERIOD.

  8. #38
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,693

    Re: What does disability mean to you and who qualifies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    why should people only be considered good for one career? That right there is one of the higher cost of business when a union is involved. Some of the contracts state that they can home if the machine they are assigned goes down and can't be fixed in an hour. There is NO logical reason someone can't learn a new job. It would be cheaper to retrain that pay them to sit at home and drain our already fragile economy
    Vocational Rehabilitation.......
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #39
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,693

    Re: What does disability mean to you and who qualifies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    If you are biking, boating, and mowing your yard while working cash jobs and drawing disability, you are a ****ing fraud......PERIOD.
    Ah, no. Period.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: What does disability mean to you and who qualifies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Ah, no. Period.
    yes you would be and should be called out on it

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •