View Poll Results: Who Won on the Budget Compromise?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Democrats got a larger share of what they wanted

    54 61.36%
  • Republicans got the larger share of what they wanted

    4 4.55%
  • Both got about the same

    8 9.09%
  • Other/Don't know

    22 25.00%
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 273

Thread: So Who Won?

  1. #201
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    37,328

    Re: So Who Won?

    What is the MO of this clown?
    Does he always play loose with, not facts, but the reality of the idea of what facts mean..
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Excuse me, but Socrates was talking about you. You did dismiss my arguement and call it conspiracy theory, which is a slanderous and cheap attempt to avoid the debate that you have obviously lost because the facts aren't on your side and neither is history. Now go ahead and post in caps and post all your little smiley's and pretend you know more than you really do....we've all seen your act before.
    I'm trying to figure out why I took d-boy off of ......!
    Physics is Phun; Chemists Have Solutions

  2. #202
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    37,328

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    True...which is why this bill can/could originate in either house...
    except for the true, this post is unrelated to mine..
    WTF does this mean?
    I agree, you are clueless.
    Physics is Phun; Chemists Have Solutions

  3. #203
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    37,328

    Re: So Who Won?

    Present Moment Awareness--not your forte d-boy..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    it was YOUR assertion that spending bills must start in the House.
    and I would be correct..
    I stated that only REVENUE bills must begin there
    and you would be wrong..
    What passed tonight was a SPENDING bill which, as stated previously, can originate in either house.
    Oh my--are you saying there were no taxes in this CR??no tax-collecting until mid-Jan.??I guess Repubs really did win then, since they are tax scofflaws..
    It is currently YOUR challenge to prove that SPENDING bills must originate in the House.
    still waiting...
    You present no challenge/challenges .
    Physics is Phun; Chemists Have Solutions

  4. #204
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    01-14-18 @ 02:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,475

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Which facts are those?
    The fact that the GOP didn't have enough votes to pass a bill to defund Obamacare.

    Didn't the GOP win in the 2010 election?
    Didn't Obama and Harry Reid win the 2012 election?

    Didn't the President describe it as a 'shellacking'?
    What was he referring to?

    My conspiracy theory assertion was after you brought out a list of unrelated topics (Freedomworks, Heritage, etc.) even claiming erroneously that Kock's founded it...and now you claim I don't have facts on my side...yeah the 'act' is obvious to anyone willing to see.
    You just keep proving my assertion....


    Meet one of the conservative advocacy groups behind the GOP's government shutdown strategy


    '"....The activists at Heritage Action, one of the conservative groups that successfully persuaded enough Republicans to refuse to fund the government unless the federal health care law is defunded, is not sorry about the shutdown.

    And Michael Needham, CEO of Heritage Action, thinks that if this goes on long enough, Democrats will have no choice but to back down.

    More than a week into the first government shutdown since the Bill Clinton era, groups such as Heritage Action on the right continue to urge lawmakers not to negotiate a measure to fully fund the government unless they include riders to effectively dismantle the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare.

    “The only acceptable way out of this is some sort of deal that funds the federal government without funding Obamacare,” Needham told reporters at a breakfast on Wednesday sponsored by the Christian Science Monitor. “This is a fight about Obamacare, and the attention of Republicans and conservatives needs to be back on Obamacare and not on other ways out of this situation.”

    The group’s doggedness about the GOP strategy, combined with muscle on the inside from dozens of conservative House members and Republican Sens. Ted Cruz of Texas and Mike Lee of Utah, puts Republicans in a tough position going into negotiations to resolve the impasse with Democrats. The group’s regularly updated legislative scorecard, which tracks votes and issues it believes help separate the conservatives from the RINOS (Republicans In Name Only), serves as a public shaming mechanism for Republicans that wander astray.

    In August, the group ramped up the pressure by joining with its sister organization, the Heritage Foundation, for a nine-city town-hall tour that drummed up support in the states for the plan to link Obamacare defunding to must-pass legislation like the bill to fund the government.
    I was mistaken....Heritage Foundation was founded by the Coors....however......


    Heritage Foundation is also a part of the Koch Foundation Associate Program.....

    Partner Organizations | Charles Koch Institute

  5. #205
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,521

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    because it was just as much to show the public who where the republicans rinos who were not willing to fight to save them from the train wreck


    You're trying way too hard to save face. This was never about an conscientious battle of ideas within the GOP. It was from the onset a GOP v. Democrat battle. The Tea Party overplayed its hand and hoped the GOP would follow them on it. Cooler heads prevailed. The savages lost.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #206
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Which is a painfully ignorant thing to do. The repercussions from a prolonged shutdown are unknown for sure, but potentially devastating.
    Redress, you are a smart guy. Haven't you figured out that's what the Far Right wants? They want to destroy this President, and if it means destroying the economy of this country in the process and collapsing the stock market, that's fine with them.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  7. #207
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    01-14-18 @ 02:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,475

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    What is the MO of this clown?
    Does he always play loose with, not facts, but the reality of the idea of what facts mean..

    I'm trying to figure out why I took d-boy off of ......!
    His MO is the same as all the clowns. Meh, when will I ever learn not to feed the....clowns? I think I'll stop with this one. lol

  8. #208
    User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    12-17-15 @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    82

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Redress, you are a smart guy. Haven't you figured out that's what the Far Right wants? They want to destroy this President, and if it means destroying the economy of this country in the process and collapsing the stock market, that's fine with them.
    No, they just want to make $$$, and being the ones who make the most sensational claims drives ratings through the roof.

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Haven't you figured out that's what the Far Right wants?
    Revenues - expenses = surplus/deficit

    Surplus/deficit x 237 = national debt

    The far right wants to reduce the expenses in calculation one in order to reduce the national debt in calculation two.

    In most families people get mad when the family decides to spend less money. In all non-profit organizations people get mad when they decide to spend less money. In all businesses the employees get mad when they decide to spend less money. The same human element is involved in government. We have to elect a bunch of meany heads to solve this problem. Meany heads have a hard time getting elected because well.......... they're meany heads. aka doody heads.

    vasuderatorrent

  10. #210
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    583

    Re: So Who Won?

    Republicans won - hands down.

    They cost the Government over 40 million dollars trying to repeal the ACA.
    They cost the Government hundreds of millions with the shutdown.
    They cost the economy hundreds of millions.
    And they cost us a ton of credibility in the eyes of the world.

    America has been severely damaged. And that is a Republican win.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •