View Poll Results: Who Won on the Budget Compromise?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Democrats got a larger share of what they wanted

    54 61.36%
  • Republicans got the larger share of what they wanted

    4 4.55%
  • Both got about the same

    8 9.09%
  • Other/Don't know

    22 25.00%
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 273

Thread: So Who Won?

  1. #191
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    You quoted me the section already dickie boy..
    Yeah, about REVENUE...not spending which was your claim.

    still waiting...
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  2. #192
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    You mean facts like the Constitution doesn't state spending must originate in the House?...

    still waiting...
    this bill did originate in the House.....

    of course it doesn't contain any of the same text, but somehow it's allowable for the Senate to strip the House text and completely replace it with whatever they want.... as long as they keep the numeric title.

  3. #193
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: So Who Won?

    You don't
    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    You mean facts like the Constitution doesn't state spending must originate in the House?...
    You don't like the 'meaning' from the Annenberg classroom??
    Quibbling over interpretations after the ***-whooping you guys so richly deserve with this pile of disengenious slushy manure
    Physics is Phun

  4. #194
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    AH...classic

    “When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.” ― Socrates

    You have yet to provide any FACT to support the varied suppositions...carry on
    Excuse me, but Socrates was talking about you. You did dismiss my arguement and call it conspiracy theory, which is a slanderous and cheap attempt to avoid the debate that you have obviously lost because the facts aren't on your side and neither is history. Now go ahead and post in caps and post all your little smiley's and pretend you know more than you really do....we've all seen your act before.

  5. #195
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    You don't like the 'meaning' from the Annenberg classroom??
    Quibbling over interpretations after the ***-whooping you guys so richly deserve with this pile of disengenious slushy manure
    The Annenberg classroom defines 'spending' as 'revenue'? If so no, I don't.

    Yep, ass-whooping...relish in it! As to YOUR ass-whooping in this thread, yeah I would be trying desperately to change the subject too...
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  6. #196
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    this bill did originate in the House
    and it was promptly assigned to the recyle bin
    of course it doesn't contain any of the same text
    nor should it
    somehow it's allowable for the Senate to strip the House text
    How would that be as dickie boy would ask??
    and completely replace it with whatever they want
    thank goodness the Senate did!!The House really doesn't need to come back since they've trashed their own Speaker's bills all year
    Physics is Phun

  7. #197
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Excuse me, but Socrates was talking about you. You did dismiss my arguement and call it conspiracy theory, which is a slanderous and cheap attempt to avoid the debate that you have obviously lost because the facts aren't on your side and neither is history. Now go ahead and post in caps and post all your little smiley's and pretend you know more than you really do....we've all seen your act before.
    Which facts are those? Didn't the GOP win in the 2010 election? Didn't the President describe it as a 'shellacking'? My conspiracy theory assertion was after you brought out a list of unrelated topics (Freedomworks, Heritage, etc.) even claiming erroneously that Kock's founded it...and now you claim I don't have facts on my side...yeah the 'act' is obvious to anyone willing to see.
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  8. #198
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    The Annenberg classroom defines 'spending' as 'revenue'? If so no, I don't.

    Yep, ass-whooping...relish in it! As to YOUR ass-whooping in this thread, yeah I would be trying desperately to change the subject too...
    spending on a budget is not defined as collecting revenue..you lose in your image of overtime..
    to others, you were 40-pointed and there was a rolling clock
    Physics is Phun

  9. #199
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    ...How would that be as dickie boy would ask??...
    You still don't get it...it was YOUR assertion that spending bills must start in the House. I stated that only REVENUE bills must begin there and substantiated it with the USC article/section. What passed tonight was a SPENDING bill which, as stated previously, can originate in either house. It is currently YOUR challenge to prove that SPENDING bills must originate in the House.

    still waiting...
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  10. #200
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    spending on a budget is not defined as collecting revenue..
    True...which is why this bill can/could originate in either house...

    you lose in your image of overtime..
    to others, you were 40-pointed and there was a rolling clock
    WTF does this mean?
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •