View Poll Results: Who Won on the Budget Compromise?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Democrats got a larger share of what they wanted

    54 61.36%
  • Republicans got the larger share of what they wanted

    4 4.55%
  • Both got about the same

    8 9.09%
  • Other/Don't know

    22 25.00%
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 273

Thread: So Who Won?

  1. #161
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Wasn't it nice of the Senate Republicans to do the work specifically outlined in the Constitution for the House to do??
    What would that be specifically?
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  2. #162
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Ambiguous...there was a national referendum on 'Citizens United and Freedom Works'...really? If one were to take a poll questioning folks if they knew what either of these were how do you think that would work out?...Koch brothers 'boogie man'...tired!

    I suspected this type response...
    Yeah, I know what you mean...it's like the conservatives using Soros against liberals for the last 10 or 15 years. The irony is he wasn't really that influential and most liberals had never heard of him.

    However, if the Koch's are the main source of the funding and plotting to get the tea party elected in congress then why should we pretend they aren't? You can dismiss it all you want but that won't change the fact the Koch's are the reason that congress is disfunctional and you can trace their influence right back to the 2010 election and all those organized shout downs at townhalls that preceded it.

  3. #163
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: So Who Won?

    Who voted last tonite??
    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    What would that be specifically?
    Oh, a bill that actually gets 218 votes, any spending bill..
    Isn't that one of the specific functions of the House??
    Ernst, where are you??
    I need your help
    Physics is Phun

  4. #164
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean...it's like the conservatives using Soros against liberals for the last 10 or 15 years. The irony is he wasn't really that influential and most liberals had never heard of him.

    However, if the Koch's are the main source of the funding and plotting to get the tea party elected in congress then why should we pretend they aren't? The Koch's are the reason congress is disfunctional. You can dismiss it all you want but that won't change the facts.
    You mean facts like...the 2010 election (shellacking) was a referendum on PPACA (that has maintained negative support since inception)?...and not the 2012 election (which you claimed...erroneously)?...then shifted attention from your error to Citizens United, Freedom works and Koch bros...typical
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  5. #165
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Wasn't it nice of the Senate Republicans to do the work specifically outlined in the Constitution for the House to do??
    And to think the 'think-tanks' ordered Repubs to vote No again today..
    Rand Paul and his legion will rue this vote, while normal Repubs get TP'd.
    The Heritiage Foundation was founded and is funded by the Kochs. It's actually more of stink tank than a think tank now that DeMint is in charge.

  6. #166
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Who voted last tonite??
    Congress...?

    Oh, a bill that actually gets 218 votes, any spending bill..
    Isn't that one of the specific functions of the House??
    Ernst, where are you??
    I need your help
    You tell me...
    Article 1, section 7
    All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills
    Perhaps you can quote for me the Constitutional section that mandates spending originate in the House...as you claim.

    I'll wait...
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  7. #167
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    From the Brooke Brother riots, to the organized shout downs at townhall meetings, to holding the country hostage because they couldn't get the votes or win the election to undue a law.......sure looks like bullying to me. And when you plot to shut down the government unless it meets a minorities demands....extortions is just a nicer way to say fascism.
    ok, instead of turning to accurate and factual terms, you decide to double down on hyperbole.

    have fun with that.



    The democrats offered over 18X to negotiate in the seven months leading up to the deadline and Republicans said no every time....until a few hours before the deadline to make their outrageous demands or they'd shut down the government. That is not negotiations, that's extortion by definition.
    I see you read the National Journal opinion pages.. or you read the liberal blogs that carried that story.

    good for you, enjoy that confirmation bias.


    I never said the democrats wanted to shut down the government....they weren't really given a choice unless you consider defunding Obamacare a choice...which it wasn't.
    do you not understand how negotiation works?... it's about leverage... funding obamacare was that leverage
    there were lots of things that could have been negotiated over to reach a deal...
    Democrat were never in fear of losing Obamacare funding.. they are complete retards if they believed they were
    what they did was say " well, we're gettin' what we want, and you will get nothing, as usual"... and it worked...again.

    The 2012 election was a referendum on Obamacare and the Democrats won...thats just a fact, too. Why should the Democrats negotiate under the gun, what Republicans couldn't win in an election or get enough votes in congress? The only thing the republicans are going to get out of their underhanded shenagins...is booted out of office. Thats all they deserve.
    sorry, not buying your referendum argument.. the numbers aren't there to support that theory....but i do enjoy yet another lefty loving on single party rule ( that's like 6 or 7 of you just today)

    you,Obama, and Harry Reid all agree .. the GOP should get nothing, and should just go along with what the Democrats want and STFU. and you all believe , somehow, that's good and proper governance....


    I get it, y'all thought that was what the GOP did to you under Bush, so now it's revenge time... and when you are out of power again, it'll be GOP revenge time... and y'all will cry about unfair it is..

    one day, I hope to see adults in congress acting like adults... but that's a pipe dream.. Dems and Reps are anything but adults when it comes to governance.
    none of your leaders, or the GOP, are fit to lead anything bigger than a lemonade stand... not a single one.

  8. #168
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: So Who Won?

    They try and deny that the Koch Conferences began in Vail/Palm Springs in 2009 as the beginning of this know-nothing revolution..
    Even adjudicated by Thomas/Scalia/Alito..
    A who's who of the Repub Bilderbergers..
    All the TEAturd governors like Scott, Perry, McDonnell, Kasich, Corbett, Snyder .
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The Heritiage Foundation was founded and is funded by the Kochs. It's actually more of stink tank than a think tank now that DeMint is in charge.
    Physics is Phun

  9. #169
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The Heritiage Foundation was founded and is funded by the Kochs. It's actually more of stink tank than a think tank now that DeMint is in charge.
    Why do you persist in telling falsehoods?

    The Heritage Foundation was founded in 1973 by Paul Weyrich, Edwin Feulner and Joseph Coors.
    The Heritage Foundation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Perhaps you should seek therapy for your obvious obsession over the Koch brothers...although this seems to be common to those of your ilk.
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  10. #170
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: So Who Won?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Citizens United and Freedom Works. The republicans didn't win the 2010 election.......the Koch's tea party did.
    that's sort of sore loserman nonsense. its like saying Obama won in 2008 due to foreign contributions to him and racist blacks who showed up to vote democrat like mindless robots



Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •