View Poll Results: Should Obamacare be eliminated?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, Obamacare is great and more important than everything else combined

    10 12.05%
  • Yes, dump the lemon before it causes more suffering.

    38 45.78%
  • No, but it needs MAJOR serious changes.

    7 8.43%
  • Yes, replace it with real universal health care.

    28 33.73%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 115

Thread: Do you support Obamacare?

  1. #61
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you support ObamaCare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    What, do they surgically remove your sense of humour when you join the Teabagger Party?
    Is it that you hate the previous American generations? Or that you hate everyone who doesn't agree with you?

  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,400

    Re: Do you support Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    It would seem any agree with you that we really should pay 4 times as much for half as much as now.
    It anything even approaching that happens because of the AHC act you should jump for joy because it will be repealed. But it won't and you will eat crow for the rest of your life, especially if you get sick.

  3. #63
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,511
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support ObamaCare?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Is it that you hate the previous American generations? Or that you hate everyone who doesn't agree with you?
    ??????
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  4. #64
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you support Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    It anything even approaching that happens because of the AHC act you should jump for joy because it will be repealed. But it won't and you will eat crow for the rest of your life, especially if you get sick.
    ^ A pointless message.

    There is NOTHING in Obamacare that reduces total medical care costs. It shifts indigent and employee medical care costs from wealthy property owners, corporations and the government, to working people and seniors' retirements. What in Obamacare reduces total medical costs?
    Last edited by joko104; 10-16-13 at 01:02 AM.

  5. #65
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you support ObamaCare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    ??????
    The Tea Party is old folks who like their country as it was. Using an obscene smear against them means either you hate old folks or just hate people who disagree with you.

  6. #66
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you support Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    Because some kind of public good is beneficial for everyone. Marginalized and forgotten people are dangerous.
    SO what you are saying is you personally give money to every beggar at every corner to make them safer, right?

  7. #67
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,511
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support ObamaCare?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The Tea Party is old folks who like their country as it was. Using an obscene smear against them means either you hate old folks or just hate people who disagree with you.
    Remember any Latin from parochial school? Non sequitur.
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,400

    Re: Do you support Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    ^ A pointless message.

    There is NOTHING in Obamacare that reduces total medical care costs. It shifts indigent and employee medical care costs from wealthy property owners, corporations and the government, to working people and seniors' retirements. What in Obamacare reduces total medical costs?
    Millions of dollars in overpaid premiums have already been refunded to customers because of the AHC act and is limit 15% overhead for insurers.
    Drug companies have agreed to price reductions amounting to $800 billion in Medicare and Medicaid savings over 10 years
    These are 2 but there are many more cost limiting measures. The AHC act was not written primarily for cost control though. It was written to enable 25 million Americans without insurance a chance to purchase it at a price they can afford. I know that is what you hate....you already have insurance don't you?
    Last edited by iguanaman; 10-16-13 at 03:03 AM.

  9. #69
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you support Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Millions of dollars in overpaid premiums have already been refunded to customers because of the AHC act and its 15% limit on "overhead" for insurers. No more keeping 25% or more of premiums just for cutting some checks.
    Drug companies have agreed to price reductions amounting to $800 billion in Medicare and Medicaid savings over 10 years
    These are 2 but there are many more cost limiting measures. The AHC act was not written primarily for cost control though. It was written to enable 25 million Americans without insurance a chance to purchase it at a price they can afford. I know that is what you hate....you already have insurance don't you?
    Prove what you claim.

    No, we do not have insurance. Don't plan to get it. We prefer the best medical care, not gambling large sums of $$ mostly to pay for other people as we seeking the potential of some day waiting in line for inferior medical care paid for by an insurance company. We are none so foolish as to think we can get something for nothing or come out money ahead by paying for the 90% of medical costs of other people.

    Besides, why get it now anyway? Why not wait until one of us needs it and then use we can't be turned down for a pre-existing condition?
    Last edited by joko104; 10-16-13 at 03:03 AM.

  10. #70
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you support ObamaCare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    Remember any Latin from parochial school? Non sequitur.
    Naw, you understood exactly what I posted.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •