View Poll Results: Should Obamacare be eliminated?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, Obamacare is great and more important than everything else combined

    10 12.05%
  • Yes, dump the lemon before it causes more suffering.

    38 45.78%
  • No, but it needs MAJOR serious changes.

    7 8.43%
  • Yes, replace it with real universal health care.

    28 33.73%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 115 of 115

Thread: Do you support Obamacare?

  1. #111
    Student Hiram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Arkansas
    Last Seen
    12-13-13 @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    209

    Re: Do you support Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    I think it should be dumped and replaced with UHC.


    That said I believe as Obama said himself the ACA is only a step toward UHC. I suspect they made a mess of it intentionally knowing that it would get their foot in the door but end in catastrophe. They will claim that the ACA simply did not achieve all that is needed and we need to move to UHC to truly accomplished what they set out to do.

    However I believe the US government lacks the backbone to make a UHC system work here. They will largely keep our current system in place and use government funding to pay for it. This scenario in my opinion is doomed to fail. It would simply be to expensive and bankrupt our country quickly. I feel to make health care truly affordable and acceptable to everyone we are going to have to non privatize the entire system from education to clinics and hospitals. Our system being a for profit system has so many hands in play every step of the way all taking a profit. This for profit system is one of the main reason costs are so high here. Compare the cost to educate a doctor in our country and compare it to the UK, the difference is astounding. Every part of our system from start to finish is way more expensive then it need to be due to profit taking. But I just cannot imagine that our government or the people of the US would go for a government takeover of the entire system not to mention the upfront cost that it entails, trillions I am sure. I just cannot see a likely scenario where the US could have a UCH system that was affordable and acceptable to the people in my lifetime.
    I see your point but with Capitalism,,,,,,,we make break throughs in medicine with monetary gains for research. The UK model is total generics

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Ok, so now of the people who stated that they liked Obamcare, how many of you actually pay for your own insurance?
    Excellent point! If you were paying $0.00 for insurance before Obamacare and now you are required to pay $50 a month you should be pissed off.

    vasuderatorrent

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Why not get insurance now that you can and stop gambling that you won't be bankrupted by some accident. It is childish to think that you are immune from harm.
    At least find out what you can qualify for at your income level before you ride bareback thru life.
    What's wrong with paying $250,000 out of pocket for quality medical care? An insurance policy could cost $168,000 over the course of 40 years. It's not quite break even but I'd rather give my money to a doctor than an insurance salesman. An insurance salesman is scum of the earth. A doctor saves lives. I would be willing to go bankrupt in order to ensure the hospital stays in business. It is much smarter than living bankrupt all the time because you gave 1/3 of your income to an insurance salesman.

    vasuderatorrent

  4. #114
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Do you support Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    They gave nothing. Now we will see how their agenda pans out in the future with immigration reform etc......a brick wall!
    Besides the fact a short term CR and sequester level spending both they did not want and now social security is on the chopping block. So please dont act like "they gave nothing"


  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Do you support Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Excellent point! If you were paying $0.00 for insurance before Obamacare and now you are required to pay $50 a month you should be pissed off.

    vasuderatorrent
    What gets me is that we now have a off size fits all insurance structure. It makes no sense for my policy to include child birth and prenatal care. There are three of us on the plan and none of up have a uterus. It doesn't make any sense for my office manager to pay for it either, in addition to the coverage she has for prostate exams. She is 60 years old and had a historectomy decades ago. It's like charging someone with no teeth for dental coverage, or a Democrat for brain cancer scans. But hey, "fair" has to mean all things for all people whether you need them or not, and you will pay for it because Obama knows best.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •