Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 58 of 58

Thread: should the president enforce an exective order to pay us bills before oct 17

  1. #51
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,152

    Re: should the president enforce an exective order to pay us bills before oct 17

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Thats comical...I bet your keyboard burst into flames the second you typed "fiscally responsible"

    This is why conversations are getting impossible on this website.

    You have to waste so much time going through Conservative bull**** or "truths" to actually have a conversation.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  2. #52
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: should the president enforce an exective order to pay us bills before oct 17

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    This is why conversations are getting impossible on this website.

    You have to waste so much time going through Conservative bull**** or "truths" to actually have a conversation.
    The truth is you believe we shouldnt have any limits to spending, are of the same mindset of those that have put us 17 trillion in debt and counting, would gladly heap double that on the future generations without a second thought, and actually believe you are 'fiscally responsible'. Thats laughable. Your position is laughable. And yet...horribly horribly tragic as well. Do you have kids? Grandkids? If so...you should make sure you laugh at them as you tell them about the mountain of **** you are anxious to dump on them. if not...well...that might explain why you dont give a **** about them.

  3. #53
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,152

    Re: should the president enforce an exective order to pay us bills before oct 17

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The truth is you believe we shouldnt have any limits to spending, are of the same mindset of those that have put us 17 trillion in debt and counting, would gladly heap double that on the future generations without a second thought, and actually believe you are 'fiscally responsible'. Thats laughable. Your position is laughable. And yet...horribly horribly tragic as well. Do you have kids? Grandkids? If so...you should make sure you laugh at them as you tell them about the mountain of **** you are anxious to dump on them. if not...well...that might explain why you dont give a **** about them.
    Yet Conservative were either cheering or silent when we put two wars and multiple tax cuts on the charge card.

    The truth is nobody except for Obama has busted the US budget like Reagan and Bush Jr. The only true fiscally conservative republican (in the past 3 or so decades) was Bush Sr. who was turned on because raising taxes was part of how he helped closed deficit spending.

    Conservatives are by far the worst offenders when it comes to adding to the national debt.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  4. #54
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: should the president enforce an exective order to pay us bills before oct 17

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Again, the 14th amendment, section 4 is only PART of the whole. Section 5 tells us how and more importantly in this case WHO can enforce section 4. And section 5 does not mention the exectutive branch of our government. You are wanting Obama (along with any other President) to ignore part of the Constitution just so you can push an ideaology. The President must uphold ALL of the Constitution...not just the parts the furthers his/her/your aims. So, in order to enforce section 4 Obama (along with any other President) MUST allow Congress to enforce it their own way and not his.
    no. i want Obama to fulfill his fiduciary obligation to the nation by following the oath of office he took. he agreed to defend the Constitution. and he ca enforce provision 4 of amendment 14. he is unable to enforce section 5 of that amendment. he cannot be expected to do that which is beyond his ability. if the congress will not fulfill its obligation to the nation, Obama should step in and pay the ust debts of the federal government with an XO to treasury
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #55
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: should the president enforce an exective order to pay us bills before oct 17

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Yet Conservative were either cheering or silent when we put two wars and multiple tax cuts on the charge card.

    The truth is nobody except for Obama has busted the US budget like Reagan and Bush Jr. The only true fiscally conservative republican (in the past 3 or so decades) was Bush Sr. who was turned on because raising taxes was part of how he helped closed deficit spending.

    Conservatives are by far the worst offenders when it comes to adding to the national debt.
    No they werent...conservatives left the party in droves over George Bush's spending. That was the root and cause of many of us becoming libertarians. His spending and the bank bailouts were the rot cause of the formation of the Tea Party. Liberals ont he other hand...how did THEY respond to raising the debt ceiling? What was Obamas direct words on raising the debt ceiling? Obama has only matched Bush's debt he has in 5 years doubled it. And its comical that you want to double down on stupid and think that is somehow "fiscally responsible."

    Again...laughable you want to blame 'conservatives' Democrats controlled the House and senate since the elections of 2006 til 2010. they held the house, senate AND WH following the election of 2008. But you are still stuck on GWB.

    FM

  6. #56
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,152

    Re: should the president enforce an exective order to pay us bills before oct 17

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    No they werent...conservatives left the party in droves over George Bush's spending. That was the root and cause of many of us becoming libertarians. His spending and the bank bailouts were the rot cause of the formation of the Tea Party. Liberals ont he other hand...how did THEY respond to raising the debt ceiling? What was Obamas direct words on raising the debt ceiling? Obama has only matched Bush's debt he has in 5 years doubled it. And its comical that you want to double down on stupid and think that is somehow "fiscally responsible."
    FM
    Nobody left the party in droves. The 2004 election was all about getting the base out. Bush won because Republicans and Conservatives showed up to vote for him. I guess they "left in droves" as even conservative were embarrassed by the catastrophe known as the Bush administration. Same people they just wear tri-corner hats now.

    Again...laughable you want to blame 'conservatives' Democrats controlled the House and senate since the elections of 2006 til 2010. they held the house, senate AND WH following the election of 2008. But you are still stuck on GWB.
    I wasn't "stuck on Bush"....I pointed out the fact that Reagan effectively tripled the national debt in 8 years. Prior to Reagan there were about 40 years of Democratically controlled Congresses.....and the debt didn't balloon until ol Small gov Reagan stepped in the picture.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  7. #57
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: should the president enforce an exective order to pay us bills before oct 17

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Nobody left the party in droves. The 2004 election was all about getting the base out. Bush won because Republicans and Conservatives showed up to vote for him. I guess they "left in droves" as even conservative were embarrassed by the catastrophe known as the Bush administration. Same people they just wear tri-corner hats now.



    I wasn't "stuck on Bush"....I pointed out the fact that Reagan effectively tripled the national debt in 8 years. Prior to Reagan there were about 40 years of Democratically controlled Congresses.....and the debt didn't balloon until ol Small gov Reagan stepped in the picture.
    Holy ****...its worse than just being stuck on Bush. Regardless of the fact that Obama has been president for 5 years, the senate has been in the democrat hands since 2006 and the house for 4 of those years and regardless of the doubling of the Bush debt in 5 years, hell, you are stuck on REAGAN...

    FM usually means we are done...but I had to make an exception for that one. Thats a special kind of...

  8. #58
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,152

    Re: should the president enforce an exective order to pay us bills before oct 17

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Holy ****...its worse than just being stuck on Bush. Regardless of the fact that Obama has been president for 5 years, the senate has been in the democrat hands since 2006 and the house for 4 of those years and regardless of the doubling of the Bush debt in 5 years, hell, you are stuck on REAGAN...

    FM usually means we are done...but I had to make an exception for that one. Thats a special kind of...
    I'm not "stuck on Bush"....I guess that's the Republican response in order to pretend that budget deficits appeared in 2008.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •