View Poll Results: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • All cameras should be abolished

    50 49.50%
  • Abolish red light cameras only

    5 4.95%
  • Abolish speeding cameras only

    7 6.93%
  • Abolish other types of cameras only (specify)

    0 0%
  • Allow all cameras to remain in use

    28 27.72%
  • Other (specify)

    11 10.89%
Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 466

Thread: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

  1. #161
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Not going to play that game. The highways in this country were designed to safely handle 70 MPH traffic. Decreasing speeds are based on revenue or in the time of Ford, "fuel conservation"
    Interstates were built specifically to the standard that military vehicles could travel 100 mph on them. That was the initial design parameter and military defense was the justification used by Eisenhower for the Interstate system.

  2. #162
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

    For a car my wife bought me for my birthday that she is having modified in various ways, the laser jammer and radar detector system also has a redlight and speeding camera warning system. It will sound an alert for such cameras. (She also is having a "license plate flipper" installed.)

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulvoter View Post
    Are you aware that traffic enforcement cameras are designed primarily to steal people's money rather than enhance safety?

    Did you know that the yellow on many intersections on major highways is set at the minimum legal limit of three seconds--inadequate most of the time?

    Did you know that cameras cause more accidents than they prevent?

    Would you like to abolish any of these?

    Do you have many cameras in your neighborhood?

    Have you received any (or many) tickets from cameras?
    When did you get a ticket? How about just pay it.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Interstates were built specifically to the standard that military vehicles could travel 100 mph on them. That was the initial design parameter and military defense was the justification used by Eisenhower for the Interstate system.
    As well as use as alternate landing strips.

  5. #165
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

    Such cameras have no method of asking a person if there is a true emergency reason for driving fast.

  6. #166
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

    A politician making a statement does not consitute a fact.

    From your own link:

    "But the lengthy report omitted facts later reported by the Tampa Bay Times, such as the fact that rear-end wrecks at intersections with red light cameras jumped 44 percent and overall crashes at those intersections increased 10 percent compared to the previous year."

    The "report" he cites in your link was from a "consultant."

  7. #167
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    DC made quite a bit of money off of us on our last trip. We had several tickets in the mailbox awaiting our arrival home. All were done with cameras (they showed the shots) done in the wee hours in the morning as we were arriving. I think we had a few bad turns due to being unfamiliar with the roads. One was saying we went over the speed limit which was 35 miles an hour (we were going 43) because there were virtually no cars out on the road at 3 am. I won't be going back again if I can help it. A little common sense would be nice.
    Sorry to hear that. Will the tickets go on your driving record?

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Such cameras have no method of asking a person if there is a true emergency reason for driving fast.
    If you have a true emergency you pull over and dial 911.

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    DC made quite a bit of money off of us on our last trip. We had several tickets in the mailbox awaiting our arrival home. All were done with cameras (they showed the shots) done in the wee hours in the morning as we were arriving. I think we had a few bad turns due to being unfamiliar with the roads. One was saying we went over the speed limit which was 35 miles an hour (we were going 43) because there were virtually no cars out on the road at 3 am. I won't be going back again if I can help it. A little common sense would be nice.
    So you got to DC and forgot how to drive?

  10. #170
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    If you have a true emergency you pull over and dial 911.
    Yeah, pull over and call 911 to send a car to take someone's body to the morgue dying while waiting for anyone to arrive in the middle of nowhere. You're another person who believes in the duty to die for government control ideologies. I would imagine by your messages on about any topic that you curse the 4th of July.

Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •