View Poll Results: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • All cameras should be abolished

    50 49.50%
  • Abolish red light cameras only

    5 4.95%
  • Abolish speeding cameras only

    7 6.93%
  • Abolish other types of cameras only (specify)

    0 0%
  • Allow all cameras to remain in use

    28 27.72%
  • Other (specify)

    11 10.89%
Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 466

Thread: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

  1. #121
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulvoter View Post
    Are you aware that traffic enforcement cameras are designed primarily to steal people's money rather than enhance safety?

    Did you know that the yellow on many intersections on major highways is set at the minimum legal limit of three seconds--inadequate most of the time?

    Did you know that cameras cause more accidents than they prevent?

    Would you like to abolish any of these?

    Do you have many cameras in your neighborhood?

    Have you received any (or many) tickets from cameras?

    they ain't goin' anywhere... they are great revenue generators with little overhead
    it's just a simple reality that revenue generation is at the top of government's priority list.

    I see the little cameras all the time, I pass a dozen or more when I go into town for shopping (I live in the sticks.)
    we don't have a problem with accidents or "public safety" at these intersections, but we have the cameras nonetheless...there's money to be "made"

  2. #122
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    You are supposed to be slowing down to stop for a yellow light anyway, not going faster. And yes, there is a standard. There is a minimum a light has to remain yellow by law.
    Quote the law that everyone is supposed to "slow down" at every intersection with a traffic light. How slow? 5 mph? 10 mph? It is discrepancies in speed that causes far more accidents than people speeding. Speeding by itself never causes an accident and few people deliberately run a redlight.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Oh, and you apparently have no idea how pedestrian laws work. As long as the walk is up there when you start to cross, they cannot give you a ticket for jaywalking, no matter if the blinking hand or don't walk is up (provided you are not purposely holding up traffic).
    .
    That's why in my scenario one would fight the ticket. They were already 1/4 of the way across the street when the light changed. The cop saw it differently. Maybe it was close to the end of the month and the cop had to make his quota for the month ? Some municipalities police departments do have quotas that their officers must meet.

    Considering all of the problems you have encountered navigating the sidewalks and crossing streets while walking, I suggest you don't start driving a car.

  4. #124
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Do you ever get your facts right? The case was not about red light cameras, as your scource clearly states if you had actually read it. The case was about lab analysis of drug evidence. While the ruling may impact red light camera cases in that those who certify them can be called as witnesses, it is not about them.

    Most of the rest of your hyperbole ridden post is just hilariously stupid. You clearly have no clue as to the motivations of others.
    Your getting hysterical and insulting about facts you don't like is just degrading yourself. In doing so, you enforce one point I am making about people who want control-freak government.

  5. #125
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Every study shows that redlight cameras dramatically increase the number of accidents.

    Red-Light Cameras Increase Accidents: 5 Studies That Prove It

    But some municipal governments would kill and criminal any number of people to get more money for themselves - and people who want control-freak government will always support any thuggery by government.
    And again you get your facts wrong. PolitiFact Florida | Rick Kriseman says red light cameras change driver behavior, reduce most dangerous crashes
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #126
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Your getting hysterical and insulting about facts you don't like is just degrading yourself. In doing so, you enforce one point I am making about people who want control-freak government.
    Pointing out your source is not what you claim makes me a government control freak? Really?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #127
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Quote the law that everyone is supposed to "slow down" at every intersection with a traffic light. How slow? 5 mph? 10 mph? It is discrepancies in speed that causes far more accidents than people speeding. Speeding by itself never causes an accident and few people deliberately run a redlight.
    in Nevada( and other states) it's illegal to run a yellow light, period... the light must be green when you enter the intersection or you are breaking the law... and( in many states) it's illegal to accelerate into an intersection and you can be cited for reckless driving for doing so.

    if you were to accelerate through an intersection Nevada on a yellow light.. you can be cited for up to 4 violations for that simple act( as my old neighbor found out )

  8. #128
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    People getting scared when they see the flashing light?

    People slamming on their brakes to avoid running through the light?
    If they were driving properly, neither would be an issue.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  9. #129
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    in Nevada( and other states) it's illegal to run a yellow light, period... the light must be green when you enter the intersection or you are breaking the law...
    So, suppose you're going, say, ten or fifteen miles per hour, approaching an intersection. You're about a foot or two away from entering the intersection, when the light turns yellow. Not enough time to even react and push the brake pedal, much less to actually bring the car to a stop before you cross the line into the intersection. How can you avoid breaking the law, as you have stated it? What could you have done to avoid being in this position?

    I don't know if the law really is anywhere as you have stated it, but if it is, then it is impossible to obey.
    Last edited by Bob Blaylock; 10-13-13 at 04:15 PM. Reason: May Laurence Tureaud have compassion toward you.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  10. #130
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,045

    Re: Abolish Traffic Enforcement Cameras

    I think that it should be pointed out that those camera looking things at every intersection are not cameras. they are sensors for the lights.

    This below is a sensor that only senses when the light should change.



    here are examples of real red light (and speeding) ticket giving cameras.





    But then you could just get one of these


Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •