View Poll Results: Could George W Bush Mediate the Impasse?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 19.57%
  • No

    31 67.39%
  • Maybe

    4 8.70%
  • IDK

    2 4.35%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 109

Thread: Could George W Bush Mediate the Impasse?[W:93]

  1. #81
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    re: Could George W Bush Mediate the Impasse?[W:93]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I have always said the three smartest presidents in the modern era are GHWB (top of class at Yale), Richard Nixon (top of his class at Duke Law School) and Clinton (Top of his class at Georgetown).
    Interesting but I asked you to back-up your claims on what the military entrance test scores were. You claim something as if you have the scores handy, though you incorrectly call the GT score an IQ score- I'd like to see the numbers.

    Not sure your claims about Kerry are accurate- I find he graduated Yale in the standard 4 years and was chosen to give the class oration at graduation. As for BushII I find he was a cheerleader and president of his frat house, but nothing of note academically.

  2. #82
    Advisor aberrant85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Last Seen
    10-04-15 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    594

    re: Could George W Bush Mediate the Impasse?[W:93]

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    The problem is that the US does not need more debt. It needs less.
    I guess this has to be pointed out over and over again, but the debt ceiling does not add to the debt. We will have the debt whether it is raised or not because Congress has already spent the money.
    "Obamacare delenda est"

  3. #83
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    re: Could George W Bush Mediate the Impasse?[W:93]

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Interesting but I asked you to back-up your claims on what the military entrance test scores were. You claim something as if you have the scores handy, though you incorrectly call the GT score an IQ score- I'd like to see the numbers.

    Not sure your claims about Kerry are accurate- I find he graduated Yale in the standard 4 years and was chosen to give the class oration at graduation. As for BushII I find he was a cheerleader and president of his frat house, but nothing of note academically.

    I guess you must have slept through the entire 2004 election. Kerry refused to release his grades for months and finally someone found them and it turned out that Bush has a slightly higher GPA despite all the claims he was less intelligent than Kerry. He also got into the top B school in the country while Kerry-who had an equally high pedigree, had to settle for a much lower ranked law school



  4. #84
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,289

    re: Could George W Bush Mediate the Impasse?[W:93]

    Quote Originally Posted by aberrant85 View Post
    I guess this has to be pointed out over and over again, but the debt ceiling does not add to the debt. We will have the debt whether it is raised or not because Congress has already spent the money.
    I have always wondered who spent all the Money under the ceiling. And you really think that we will have more debt with a higher ceiling or a lower one? I would have thought the President would stop spending in time to stay under the ceiling. Somehow it seems uncool to spend more than your limit. It sounds like signing a check you know will bounce.

  5. #85
    Student
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 03:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    256

    re: Could George W Bush Mediate the Impasse?[W:93]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I guess you must have slept through the entire 2004 election. Kerry refused to release his grades for months and finally someone found them and it turned out that Bush has a slightly higher GPA despite all the claims he was less intelligent than Kerry. He also got into the top B school in the country while Kerry-who had an equally high pedigree, had to settle for a much lower ranked law school
    Maybe Kerry should have gotten his father to fix his grades and acceptances for him, like Bush did.

  6. #86
    Advisor aberrant85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Last Seen
    10-04-15 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    594

    re: Could George W Bush Mediate the Impasse?[W:93]

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    I have always wondered who spent all the Money under the ceiling. And you really think that we will have more debt with a higher ceiling or a lower one? I would have thought the President would stop spending in time to stay under the ceiling. Somehow it seems uncool to spend more than your limit. It sounds like signing a check you know will bounce.
    Technically Congress authorizes the spending, the President spends the money until he has to borrow, then Congress tells him he can borrow it. I know, it's f***** up.
    "Obamacare delenda est"

  7. #87
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    re: Could George W Bush Mediate the Impasse?[W:93]

    Quote Originally Posted by Comunitee View Post
    Maybe Kerry should have gotten his father to fix his grades and acceptances for him, like Bush did.
    I love when liberals with BDS make up such crap. Having gone to yale and having a brother who was an admissions officer (long after Bush attended that school) its fun watching people just spew stuff out their six because they are mad that Bush is better educated than they are

    1) In the pre Inslee Clark days at Yale (where clark turned down highly qualified white male prep school men to let in unqualified blacks in an effort to make up for years of prep school favoritism), schools like Andover sent more than half their graduates to the big three. Bush was an average student at Andover and a legacy. people with those two credentials alone were generally accepted at Yale. SO Bush was no different than hundreds like him

    2)If Bush's father fixed his grades why was his average at Yale also average? And having been accepted at Harvard B school and knowing that Bush did not have a legacy connection to Harvard, your claims or insinuation that Bush was accepted there because of his father is moronic.

    SO you are basically lying because you are mad that Bush has a better academic resume than your hero Kerry



  8. #88
    Student
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 03:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    256

    re: Could George W Bush Mediate the Impasse?[W:93]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I love when liberals with BDS make up such crap. Having gone to yale and having a brother who was an admissions officer (long after Bush attended that school) its fun watching people just spew stuff out their six because they are mad that Bush is better educated than they are

    1) In the pre Inslee Clark days at Yale (where clark turned down highly qualified white male prep school men to let in unqualified blacks in an effort to make up for years of prep school favoritism), schools like Andover sent more than half their graduates to the big three. Bush was an average student at Andover and a legacy. people with those two credentials alone were generally accepted at Yale. SO Bush was no different than hundreds like him

    2)If Bush's father fixed his grades why was his average at Yale also average? And having been accepted at Harvard B school and knowing that Bush did not have a legacy connection to Harvard, your claims or insinuation that Bush was accepted there because of his father is moronic.

    SO you are basically lying because you are mad that Bush has a better academic resume than your hero Kerry
    No, I'm basically telling the truth, because there's no way in hell that Bush would have gotten into any of those schools if his name had been George Walker Obama.

    Whereas Barack Hussein Obama didn't get into Columbia, or Harvard Law, with his father's help. It wasn't even available to him. He made it anyway, and on merit.

  9. #89
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    re: Could George W Bush Mediate the Impasse?[W:93]

    Quote Originally Posted by Comunitee View Post
    No, I'm basically telling the truth, because there's no way in hell that Bush would have gotten into any of those schools if his name had been George Walker Obama.

    Whereas Barack Hussein Obama didn't get into Columbia, or Harvard Law, with his father's help. It wasn't even available to him. He made it anyway, and on merit.
    you are lying. more than half of Andover went to Yale Princeton or Harvard that year. Obama got into Columbia and Harvard because he was black. He didn't get into Harvard Law on Merit. he didn't even make a 3.4 average at Columbia. I never heard of a white getting into Harvard law back when that mattered to me getting into Harvard Law from yale with anything less than a 3.7 average. In fact, when I met with the admissions director of HLS, she noted that if you didn't have at least a 3.6 don't bother applying. So Obama was an affirmative action recipient. Same with Columbia



  10. #90
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,766

    re: Could George W Bush Mediate the Impasse?[W:93]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are lying. more than half of Andover went to Yale Princeton or Harvard that year. Obama got into Columbia and Harvard because he was black. He didn't get into Harvard Law on Merit. he didn't even make a 3.4 average at Columbia. I never heard of a white getting into Harvard law back when that mattered to me getting into Harvard Law from yale with anything less than a 3.7 average. In fact, when I met with the admissions director of HLS, she noted that if you didn't have at least a 3.6 don't bother applying. So Obama was an affirmative action recipient. Same with Columbia
    One never really knows if a person was properly awarded admission or not until they prove themselves in life that they were indeed worthy. Barack Obama - by his amazing success in life coming from rather humble beginnings - has without any doubt proved his admission to Harvard was right and proper.

    But all this could be a thing of the past if we only decided that only the highest scoring applicants with the best High School GPA's were to be admitted to all colleges and all other criteria would be irrelevant and not considered.

    Do you support that Turtle?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •